E-on/ MSE Fixed 1 Year Collective Sept 2015 - Stay or wait?

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    Hi Newaccount.

I wouldn't post your account number in a public place.

You might want to delete?

Thanks for that F&W. As you can see, I'm running behind by quite a bit and had missed Newaccount's post yesterday. Good advice to keep this type of information out of the public space.
    I would imagine the problems will start when you have to give your final meter readings - from E.on.

Bit earlier than this. I posted some details above about how switches through price comparison sites work (#148). They'll be picked up and rejected before they reach the final readings stage. Hope it's of interest.
    E.on are no different to any other company in terms of loyalty. It's all about money and this time E.on obviously couldn't compete.

It's a game of swings and roundabouts. Time to move on.

I've added your comments to the feedback I've given about these new tariffs. Thanks F&W.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    ossie wrote: »
    Money talks! Like many previously loyal EON customers, I'm off to join a rival. Shame on you EON not showing us any loyalty!

I agree with this totally. We are also leaving Eon because of this. Also a friend of ours is leaving but does not post on MSE to add to this thread.

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
    Options
    skinnylove wrote: »
    Disappointing news about the Eon tariff. I'm currently fixed until end of February on an Eon collective deal. Although the BG tariff is marginally more expensive by £1 a month, the exit fee from Eon wouldn't be worth it. I would have switched to the new Eon tariff though, even if slightly more expensive. Now, I feel that I'll move away from Eon come February, thanks to their lack of customer loyalty.

Hello skinnylove and thank you for your comments. I've added your post to the feedback I've given about our new Saver Tariffs to senior management yesterday and this morning.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I have checked out the new tariffs now but work out more expensive for me.
    I have another 5 months left until the fix finishes with E.on and was hoping they would have been one of the favoured bidders. I could go to N Power and they offer a 2 year fix but would cost another £6.00 per month and of course there is early termination fee to be considered with e.on.

I am also registered with UK Power and they have an auction coming up on the 10 October so hopefully they have something more competitive to the present ones on offer.

I hasten to add I would be loathed to leave E.on because of the excellent support and website but with me price also has to be a big consideration.

Totally understand your reasoning Mable but glad you've been happy with our support and website.

Malc
    Options
    Devonjem wrote: »
    OK Malc thanks for replying. The EON Saver deal did not come up when I searched on Uswitch or CEC (presumably because I am an EON customer), but it does come up on Energyhelpline search and I see that, for me, it is more expensive than a couple of the SSE deals. I have to say that I was happy with EOn - simple website and no hassle over the last year. its just a pity we have to go through this rigmarole every year or so. Surely eon would prefer to keep customers - its best for both parties.

You're welcome Devonjem. Always happy to reply. Thanks also for your comments about the service you've received and our website. They're appreciated.

Malc
    Options
    Haffiana wrote: »
    Hmm, I just checked through Which, and indeed the new Saver v1 Eon tariff does not appear in my results as I am on the MSE 2015 Eon tariff.

I have fired off an email to Which, as I think they should be making it clear to Eon customers using Which's switching services that they are withholding results because they are existing customers. I think customers should at least know that this is the case.

I would like to add my name to the list of REALLY unhappy, soon-to-be-ex EON customers. Why, Eon, when you send such clear emails encouraging customers to shop around as their deal is coming to an end, do you not at the same time encourage them to stay? It makes no sense. Even if your margins depend on customers doing nothing at the end of their fixes and defaulting on to your least competitive tariff and this is why you want to entice new customers, then why not at least try to hang on to your existing customers and hope they do the same next year? Surely someone savvy enough to switch to you is no more likely to do nothing next year than someone you already have as a customer?

Thank you for your comments Haffiana. I've added these to the feedback I gave to senior management this morning about the impact these new tariffs are having on existing customers unable to switch to them.

Malc
    Options
    I do not want to leave EON.

However EON give me no choice!

I did log a complaint, but was just told to complain to the ombudsman. Not really an answer.

All a bit sad on the part of EON and their employees who make these decisions.

Thanks for your comments GentleGiant. I've added these to the feedback I gave to senior management earlier in the day.

With the complaint, as Helena advised on another thread, this should've been registered. A new complaint should've been opened highlighting your disappointment about not being eligible for these tariffs. It should then have been closed and you should've been told this. Sorry if this didn't happen.

Malc
  • Sosumi
    Sosumi Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options

There are two separate issues at work, here, and the waters are being muddied by people failing to differentiate between them.

The first issue is the plight and anger of people who never bothered to refresh and update their E.ON fixes with any of the several collective fixes offered by other comparison sites – nor availed themselves of E.ON’s own v18 and v19 fix offers of last February – but, instead, sat on their butts for a year, waiting to be spoon-fed another cheap E.ON fix by MSE when their existing fix ran out. They have only themselves and their own indolence to blame for their predicament if E.ON’s bid didn’t win the recent MSE auction and they are now stranded.

The second, and completely different, issue is that E.ON has joined the Dishonourable Club by denying its latest cheap tariff offering to its existing customers. That bodes ill for the diligent switchers when their own current E.ON fixes end, sometime in the future.

It’s important to keep this clearly in mind and to identify which of the protesters is complaining about which issue. Because some (indeed, a lot) of this anger and woe is entirely self-inflicted.

The real issue for concern is the second one.
  • greatgimpo
    greatgimpo Posts: 1,256 Forumite
    Options
    I've deserted too. I don't understand how most have gone to BG, it's very expensive here in East Anglia. I've gone to SSE.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Totally understand your reasoning Mable but glad you've been happy with our support and website.

Malc

On reflection perhaps price is not everything. I am just thinking about a bad experience I had with another energy provider who I left over 2 years ago. I was influenced by price and to this day I am still paying the price so to speak.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure