Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just noticed the 'work' bit, I buy a plain garden salad from the nearest supermarket, a punnet of cherry tomatoes, some kind of free/low syn meat (the Bernard Matthews turkey packs are always good) or seafood sticks and a banana. Or, I hit Fatso's, but prefer to avoid in case it's a potato and bacon soup day...
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    So I'm trying to do my first deliberate SP day today. I've used up both my HexB and my HexA so I'm trying to figure out what to have for dinner that doesn't include a jacket potato, rice, pasta or noodles with what I've got in the house. It's harder than it seems :rotfl:
    I've found a recipe for the chicken supreme on the SW website which sounds really nice. I've also got some salmon fillets in the freezer. It's just that for some reason I feel really hungry so I want something that seems substantial rather than just a piece of meat and some veg on the side.
    Not sure why but I much prefer one-pot stuff than separate items.
    Any suggestions would be great! Still got all 10 syns to use too!
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you pop out for cauliflower rice or similar?

SP just isn't for me I'm afraid so I'm pretty useless.
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I'm actually thinking I might just have a mahoosive salad!
  • rjhammond91
    Options
    Just got home from weigh in.

Lost 1 lb.

Yay xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thoughts on calling target & still be overweight?
    Not 100% on the BMI thing anyway.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done, rjhammond.

Well, SW wise, today started badly, then careered out of control! However, If I were an ordinary being, then I'd say today was scrummy. Nuff said. Planning for a better tomorrow.

Night all.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    According to the smart BMI I am ok.
    Need to ponder just a wee bit further.
    I am happy as I am apart from my legs & they are not going to change.
    Decision about made I think!!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 August 2016 at 8:50PM
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Thoughts on calling target & still be overweight?
    Not 100% on the BMI thing anyway.

Target needs to be something you can maintain easily enough and are happy with regardless of fitting in the BMI charts or not, so if your happy with where you are then call it.

Better to be a little overweight and maintain, than put it all back on because the pressure of losing more pushes you off the wagon completely.

You can always change it again after a few months if you feel like you could lose a bit more..

:D

I had a sneaky weigh earlier :naughty: it was scientific research though. I've took my hair extensions out :eek: and I thought I must be at least 0.5lb lighter without them in.. I wasn't.. :( so rubbish!

Also came to update my menu for today, as i've been a syn fiend - had quite a few extra snacks and didn't syn them before shovelling them in!:o

So amended menu for today
    B - overnight oats, fruit salad, choc shot (0.5)
    L - meatballs in Cajun tomato sauce, cheese (hea)
    T - [STRIKE]chicken fried rice, stir fry veg[/STRIKE] Mayflower curry (3) rice, beetroot(straight out the jar, not with the curry), apple
    S - crisps (4.5) melon pop corners (4.5) 3 corn thins (2.5) mango chutney (2)

Not worked out as badly as I anticipated though - 17 syns for the day is fine :D *phew*

E.t.a. meant to say, how was the exhibit maman? I did try and google it as it sounds interesting but not sure I found the right thing.. or are you just having a rummage through queenies wardrobe and I've got the wrong end of the stick? :D
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,595 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Beanie I agree with Shala. If you're happy where you are and think you'll be able to maintain easily then call target. I don't think BMI is the be all and end all - it's just a guide.

I would call target and then see how things go over the next few months.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport