Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the shiny new post Shala - lets smash it everyone :) feeling positive today. Not sure why as I had some treats over the weekend :)

Thanks BettyBoof (from old thread) I am starting to get nervous about not having all the little touches finished so that's what most evenings/next weekend will be about I think!

Top_Girl wrote: »
    It wouldn't be free with nuts or olives so I can't see them doing that. My best guess is black/kidney beans.

It says 'chicken with peppers and beans in a...' on the packet from what I've seen in the mag etc so I think it will be those that we've all spotted :)
    I had HEXB bread (2 slices of great white, so HEXB + 2 syns) with ham, 2 laughing cow cubes and a smear of Nando's garlic sauce :eek: sounds awful but was really nice. I also had an apple and am counting the lot as 5 syns as the ham was lean. Should keep me going until my lasagne chef wakes up :)

I know it can be controversial in some group but...great white bread - I used to use this as a HEx when it first came out then stopped buying it...what's the general consensus on this because some days I just want a nice slice of bread :)

today:
    breakfast: wheatbran breakfast cake (1/2 heb) I made it last night and fridged it to see how it would be and it's really nice so will make ahead in future too :) no syns in today's one as I used a syn free flavoured coffee rather than nescafe and hot choc. there's a carrot in there though. and an apple and Satsuma to snack on afterwards.
    lunch: I tried making my first risotto last night; pretty decent but not perfect. It is however syn free (lean bacon, onion, leftover chicken, peas and sweetcorn plus stock and the rice) so anyway I have the leftovers and a side salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber) - will probably have the same again tomorrow too
    mid afternoon: hi fi light bar (other 1/2 heb)
    tea: cottage pie - 5 syns plus part hea in cheese

I would usually have a second heb as I'm trying to maintain but after a naughty weekend (well I had to have treats during this weeks casualty etc ;) ) I'm going to go on as normal and see how I get on for the next few days
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,617 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Casualty was tense and emotional so treats allowed.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Hi everyone. I agree Beanie, casualty was very tense and I gulped a large glass of wine whilst watching.
    Food today is :-
    He a skimmed milk
    He b 2 x wholemeal bread
    B light and free yog and nectarine
    L bacon sandwich with ketchup (1)
    D 2cc's salt and pepper chicken with rice and sw chips and wine (well it is my birthday)
    Syns will try to keep as low as poss!
  • gingerfurball
    Options
    Hello all...still here...not sure if I posted my target for the new challenge. S I'm going for 10 lb loss for the halloween challenge. I will probably post STSs for the first few weeks till I get my cast off - although I am going to go to class this week - don't want to let things slip.

Have had an emotional couple of weeks...firstly our son moving out a month ago (have been chatting away and he's getting on great - but still miss him) and our daughter flew over from Oz for a couple of weeks to visit and renew her visa. Well she left today - so hubby and I are feeling really sad,

The empty nest thing isnt that we feel sad about spending time alone...we love that - just we have a lovely relationship with our kids and we'll miss them so much.

To add insult to injury - she had to fly from Dublin to Frankfurt and from thereto Singapore and then on to Sydney...they've only gone and lost her luggage by the time she got to Frankfurt...with literally her whole life in it! She's so upset - which has really made me sad for her:(

Excuse and typos - one handed typing is not my forte!
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Anxiety got me up at stupid o'clock, the electrician turned up half an hour late by which time I'm so twitchy :o. Took dog for a slow walk hoping he would be gone but no such luck :(

Sat sorting my work stuff while he carried on and slowly the anxiety dispersed. Now feel like a deflated ballon and thinking what on earth was I worried about :mad:

Now to read the anxiety pack my dr sent me years ago that I never got round to reading :o hope there's an answer in it :)
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    I thought I spotted a reply about a horrible noodle pot lunch but I can't find it now. I am always going to work with no lunch and have yet to find the perfect emergency sw friendly lunch choice....

It was my lunch FE, it's the Naked Noodles. They range from 0-2 syns.. not worth IMO but if you like that sort of thing then they may work for you. I'm not a great fan of mugshots/pasta n sauce etc as I find them too slimy so I should have realised when I bought it that I wouldn't like it.. however, other class members rave about them so might be worth a go for you.
    I know it can be controversial in some group but...great white bread - I used to use this as a HEx when it first came out then stopped buying it...what's the general consensus on this because some days I just want a nice slice of bread :)

It's 4 syns per slice on the app but if the fibre content is the same as normal wholemeal then I'd go for the 60g = heb thing. Can't see why it would be any different. :D

:T:T exciting that the wedding is so close!
    beanielou wrote: »
    Casualty was tense and emotional so treats allowed.

Beanie!! I thought something had happened then and you'd been to casualty till I read Matrons post.. :rotfl: I hope you're both ok after the trauma xx

Hugs to GFB and TIE x

Had a sneaky look on the scales this morning - I'm soooo close to getting into a lower stone bracket :j gotta keep going!

So menu for today
    B - overnight oats, fruit salad, choc shot (0.5)
    L - meatballs in Cajun tomato sauce, cheese (hea)
    T - chicken fried rice, stir fry veg
    S - crisps (4.5) melon

I've ran out of coconut hifi bars so haven't got many snacks :( I've given instructions to OH he has to get me some on Thursday otherwise there will be trouble!:p

have a good day xx
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• lushlifesaver
    Options
    shala_moo wrote: »
    It's 4 syns per slice on the app but if the fibre content is the same as normal wholemeal then I'd go for the 60g = heb thing. Can't see why it would be any different. :D

:T:T exciting that the wedding is so close!

I've just given it a Google - great white fibre per slice 2.9g (7g per 100g bread) Kingmill (used brand just for reference) tasty wholemeal from 800g loaf medium again so as to compare like for like 2.5g fibre per slice (6.3g per 100g bread) so technically it actually has a tiny amount more!

casualty was ridiculously great - so sad at the end but seeing duffy and josh with Charlie...I actually squealed. ha yes I'm a crazy fan :)

26 days to go (25th sep) so really I need to be keeping the bloat down and drinking plenty. still need to find somewhere to get my nails done, and could do with a couple of face masks just to brighten my skin a tad! Final dress fitting is on Saturday!

I'm off out for a walk to get some fresh air and eggs :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for the shiny new post Shala - lets smash it everyone :) feeling positive today. Not sure why as I had some treats over the weekend :)

I know it can be controversial in some group but...great white bread - I used to use this as a HEx when it first came out then stopped buying it...what's the general consensus on this because some days I just want a nice slice of bread

SW advised way back when, that two slices of medium Great White was HEXB + 2 syns and the reason they didn't give it as an official one was that there wasn't a set amount you could have, like the warburtons wholemeal two slices. I've taken it as that, normally only have it at weekends anyway but I'm easing myself back onto the wagon so I'm happily using it as my HEXB this week.

B) SW sausages, egg, beans, mushrooms, HEXB toast followed by an apple.

D) Skipped due to sore stomach, had some melon and a litre of water instead.

T) Cauliflower cheese soup (HEXA for laughing cow and milk)

I might syn a glass of wine tonight.

Hauled myself round the doctor and town today, so plenty of BM, but stomach cramps now, so I'm going to curl up on the sofa with Top Boy and have a relaxing afternoon with sky plus.
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    SW advised way back when, that two slices of medium Great White was HEXB + 2 syns and the reason they didn't give it as an official one was that there wasn't a set amount you could have, like the warburtons wholemeal two slices. I've taken it as that, normally only have it at weekends anyway but I'm easing myself back onto the wagon so I'm happily using it as my HEXB this week.

I remember it being more pricey round here up until fairly recently so I stopped buying it (was £1 in Iceland but £1.75+ everywhere else ) I don't eat much bread and the littlie and OH inhale it so no point splashing out for them! but it's now 2 for £1.50 in ASDA so I got two and put one in the freezer. Will be good for me to vary my HeB a bit and I do prefer it over wholemeal for toast etc so I will go back to using it too - thanks Top Girl :)

been for my 1hr walk and bought a few more bits for the bathroom/hospitality trays for the wedding and a couple of bits for OH plus some new shampoo and conditioner. Plan is to get eggs on my way home and then leave my card at home the rest of the week :) not going to buy hifis at group this week either as I have just over a box of choc macaroon left and want to use them up before the wedding/honeymoon
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    I thought I spotted a reply about a horrible noodle pot lunch but I can't find it now. I am always going to work with no lunch and have yet to find the perfect emergency sw friendly lunch choice....

The mug shot big one, madras flavour, is free and fills a gap, touch on the spicy side, but that just makes me drink more water so that's a win.

I love the tikka mugfulls, you can only get them in Nisa stores now though :( one syn, the right side of spicy for me and fairly filling.

The Dolmio tomato and garlic pasta ready meals on the tins shelves are free and again, okay to have in.

I buy old style savoury rice from Home Bargains so they're a free option too. Love the beef flavour with an oxo cube crumbled in to give it an extra meaty salty kick :o

Otherwise, it's SW quiche and curry loaf.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure