Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Rebster
    Rebster Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all. Sorry, I've been AWOL for the last couple of weeks. I've been really struggling to stay on track and it's not been good :( Last week I got to the point where I didn't even dare step on the scales because I didn't want to know what they said. I've been like this for a few weeks now and every week I start back off with good intentions but then somewhere along the way it all just goes horribly wrong. I'm taking another stab at getting back on track, and I'm going to try posting my menus on here every day in the hope that that keeps me accountable. Have been out and done a big shop tonight and bought loads of low syn stuff so even if I do get tempted I have "good" things to snack on.

Today's menu:
    B: all bran & milk (heA/heB)
    L: batchelors moroccan couscous
    D: Men's Health ready meal (4 syns)
    snacks: lots of speed fruit, possibly some treats this evening, will see how I feel
    heA milk in coffee through day

I'll be back tomorrow to weigh in, and at that point will also set my target for this challenge if that's OK shala
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all
    Sorry about my non appearance for a while. I've been so busy- two nights away for the rugby- meaning two hotel breakfasts and both times I couldn't resist the Nutella :eek: I've been eating utter rubbish for nigh on two weeks and I was dreading WI when I dragged myself to group kicking and screaming on Monday. It was just a weigh and go as my consultant was poorly bless her, was more than a bit relieved to see only a 1lb gain. I can live with that.
    Beanie, the good thing about SW is that you can call your own target. One of the many reasons I left that other weight loss group whose name I shall not utter ;) is because I was told I would have to set a target weight within the right BMI for my height which would have made me look terrible- when I was at my lowest weight with SW, 14 stone, I was told by several people I was far too thin. I was told that any other target would have to be confirmed by a doctor's letter which I refused to pay for. That's why I love SW, your target is personal and it's where you want to be not where the BMI charts tell you you should be. When I was at target according to the BMI chart I was still obese! Was I heck- as I said I was far too thin. You do what you feel is right :)
    Oh blimey sorry about my little off topic rant there! Anyway- day 1 back on plan.
    Menu:
    B: HEXB 2 x HiFi bars, water
    L: Egg noodles (3.5 syns) salmon. Apple, grapes, orange, melon (shop bought pre prepared) Water
    Snack: Ice lolly (3.5 syns) Glass of NAS lemonade with ice
    T: SW chicken chow mein, carrots, peas, cauliflower, broccoli. 2 x Light and Free Yoghurts. Water.
    Supper: 4 Ryvita Crackerbread (4 syns) with HEXA light cheese slices, ham, and chicken.
    Syns: 11
    Steps: as few as possible- I've injured my foot :(
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,617 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you so much for that Mrs Ryan. :).
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Oh and can't get that imitation fit bit thingy to work :eek: :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• rjhammond91
    Options
    So a friend who started at sw with me stayed last night while I went home to crawl into bed. She text me last night telling me I'd won slimmer of the month!! :j:j:j

How that's possible I'm not sure but I'm proper chuffed. Still waiting on my 2 sotw certificates! They'll be proudly stuck to my fridge! :D
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I have lost 3lbs of my holiday weight. Only need to lose 2 more to be at the lower end of target.

Shala thank you again for running things, nice shiny new thread. I don't think I'll take part in the new challenge. I just need to lose a couple more pounds and then tread water!

Must dash, hope everyone is managing
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

+1/2lb for me for this week please Shala.

Had a bit of a stressful week this week with returning to work after the holidays and kids going back to school as well so I am happy it is only 1/2lb as I did think it would be more.

Congrats to Oarlo on SOTW and well done to everyone else for either losing or sticking with it.

Right focus for the next week as I have one more week of my countdown left and I would like to lose a couple of pounds.

menu today:
    Breakfast Toast (HeB), Peanut butter (2 syns) DG coffee (2 syns)
    Lunch: chicken, strawberries, yoghurt dinner: chilli and rice
    Snacks: tomatoes, cucumber, apple, hifi bar (3 syns)

syns 7 Bank 98
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Beanie - don't know if you watch it but....... Holby City (last night) follows on from Casualty. I'm sure there will be more of the follow up on the real programme but it is worth a watch!

Today's food will be "a challenge" as we are going to our big shopping mall to get the last few bits for the uni/college/school restarts and they fancy going to the food court. I'm hoping there is a spud-u-like but don't know if it is still open.
    He a skimmed milk
    He b ?
    B banana
    L ?
    D depends what lunch is
    See you later with my weigh in result.
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Thoughts on calling target & still be overweight?
    Not 100% on the BMI thing anyway.

I don't get the bmi thing! According to it I'm near top end of healthy but it doesn't seem happy with that :mad:

How can being size 10 (well couple of pairs of cropped jeans are :D) at 5'5 be top end? If I got where they want me to be i.e middle to bottom I'd disappear! I already feel I look a bit scrawny round neck, especially when I'm tired (all the time then :o). I really don't want to go lower so best to ignore that bmi and go for the clean jeans test ala maman :D

I agree with calling target, you can give yourself a break (but keep to healthy eating) and if you want to can change target whenever you feel like it. Best of luck whatever you do Beanie but there's a warm spot on the target sofa with your name on it :D
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • beanielou
    Options
    What a lovely post TIE. Take it easy.

Thank you Matron Midge. Will catch Holby on I player.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure