We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

22 Foxhole East

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you kerri, and talking of toilet seats...

What the heck is the point of top fixing toilet seats??? They don't stay put, they are disgusting to clean if you have male members in the household. They are utterly vile and they stink!!!!!!

Can you guess we have one in the main bathroom of the house? Every other one is fine, but that one, urgh, bane of my cleaning regime. It is going to be the first thing in the skip when Bathroomagedon comes.

Took two birthday car boot loads of rubble to the tip with the 2 smallest kids, who happily spent the entire time lobbing half bricks into the bottom of the mostly empty hardcore skip trying to hit the toilet someone had thrown in there (it was probably a top fixing seat one). So I have a little bit left in two plastic buckets in the front garden, the bins go out tomorrow night, so might lob a little bit in there for the next two weeks - we barely fill a black bin bag a week, let alone a wheelie bin. Or I might just take it to the tip on the way to the supermarket. Who knows!

I need to put a few coats of white on the new plaster this week in the living room, so I have piles of books everywhere waiting to go back on the shelves. The living room is going to look great by this time next week. A real proper almost grown up improvement is on the cards. I am quite excited by it. It feels like I am finally going to be getting somewhere.

I have also had a great idea about how to fill some of the huge expanses of wall in a cheap and fun way. I am going to get a shower curtain and put it on a large wooden frame. There are loads of rubbish canvases at the charity shops, some in quite large sizes, and they are not very expensive at all, especially if the image is boring, but I have found a good few octopus / piratey type shower curtains that I would staple over the frame, and voila, less than £15, very large fabric printed image on frame. That I can change whenever I like in the future for not much £-age. So what do you think? It should work..... I think.... and much much cheaper than a fabric print even without the cost of having to have it framed.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Happy Birthday! :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,792 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Is dh back yet? Has be given you any presents?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    Happy birthday f0xh0les! I think the wall art idea sounds very fab, a bright pattern would also be quite eye-catching, and like you say you could change it cheaply when you get bored.
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Yes DH came home at 6.30 last night.

I have candles and perfume and bath bombs (from the kids), some well dodgy socks and a snood from one of DHs rellies (the c/s will benefit) and a cheque which will come in very handy as I now have £20 in the bank until F riday.

Took my survey cash out £10 to M&S and bought a couple of bags of pasta and 3 big pots of hummus, some dairy free spread and some very posh smoked paprika which has given me a craving for patatas bravas. - physical cost to me £0

Spent my £1.50 H&B voucher on 2 nakd bars for DS1s weekend D of E. So he should get a bronze certificate after this one. Also picked up some vacuum packed chilli tofu squares from the chinese supermarket for his noodles.

He starts his mock GCSEs this morning. It may well be a shock. But there is nothing wrong with finding out what you do not know, as long as you then learn it!!

Filled the car with petrol (£44.44) all the way to the top. So I should be good for at least a fortnight. Put it on the credit card. I had to. I have no bleedin' money left. All this overpaying the mortgage at the start of the month leaves me very short the week before child benefit comes in at the moment. With it being a floating 28 days, it moves all over the place throughout the year.
    This month it is 4 days before payday.

Right, so, I have been to the bank this morning to pay in the cheque, did a quick market trawl - blueberries / tomatoes / fairtrade bananas - £1 each.
    Paid £1 parking
    Paid 98p for the tofu

Everything else was free with vouchers. I know I have T0sc0 vouchers but need to find the card and print them out.

Need a few bits and bobs for lunchboxes, but other than that the pantry is pretty well stocked. Still need to menu plan but I have just done an inventory so now I need to think what I can make.

I currently have 3 bikes in my pantry. I need one of those wall shelf things to get at least one of them out of the way. Like Hilda Ogden's flying ducks, I will have bikes as decoration.

Right, menu planning, now.

See you later!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    I mean you can't go wrong with a chap like this, could you!

https://www.amazon.com/Ambesonne-Creatures-Nautical-Polyester-Bathroom/dp/B01FDNOKQS
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    I mean you can't go wrong with a chap like this, could you!

https://www.amazon.com/Ambesonne-Creatures-Nautical-Polyester-Bathroom/dp/B01FDNOKQS

I was wondering quite what I was about to click on :rotfl: The wall art sounds a fab idea and like you say, easy to change when you get bored. Ohhh...you could have a nice festive one in Dec too.

Well done on all the voucher use - and hope you liked your b'day gifts (well except the CS ones).

You've inspired me to sort out a hamper of CDs that have been annoying me for several years...now we don't actually have a CD player any longer that is usable but I am very attached to the CD collection I have (a number signed) as it shows exactly where all my £ went in my late teens (that an gigs - how I afforded them I don't know) But the hamper they have been in doesn't fit under the spare bed, lets the dust in and has actually leached orange dye onto some cases / labels :mad:

So, I am in the market for a plastic box for under the bed - the Wilko one I got today not only doesn't hold them all but has a crack on the corner I failed to notice so needs to go back to store :mad: I am now pondering whether smaller boxes that hold about 50 discs each would be better than one large box as they can be shuffled around (albeit they are more expensive)

In the meantime I'm finding it very therapeutic dusting them (ok that bit's boring) and alphabetising them (that bit I like) and chucking out one or two (Craig David...what was I thinking?! :o)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• f0xh0les
    Options
    Ah, CDs, yes, I have 3 shelves full (2 &3/4 are DH's)

He does not play any of them, and the one's I have attempted have been scratched. But like you say, they were a lot of money at one time, and I cannot get DH to part with anything.

I have spent the entire morning painting the new plaster in the living room white. 3 walls done. The plaster really sucks the paint in, so it needs a few coats and then the 'proper colour', a few little bits have gone 'eggshelly', but only about 3 places, and about the size of a playing card or smaller. I really don't want to get the plasterer back, so I have just painted over it, and will use a tiny bit of filler and it will take about 60 seconds to fix. Odd that it only cracks in little patches,

Tomorrow is sports day for DS3 and 4, so that will be a wasted morning. Can't not go, though. The kids would be gutted. Hayfever meds to the ready!!! Tissues already packed.

Loving the football, not loving having to listen to it on the dodgy MW band in my car though. Kids have clubs 4 days after school, so necessary to miss the last half of the first game and the first half of the second match.

Supper tonight is sausage and chips, or beans on toast. Quick and easy food to make in between matches. Masses of salady things left over from last nights mega salad meal. They are like locusts, it will all get decimated.

DH is in Manchester today at a conference, I am not expecting him back before 10pm. Single parenting again, then.

I want to do something wild and crazy! However, I will have to save up first. Boo!
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    £50 cash out from Y0uG0v !

£5 cash out from survey site.

Text messages from bank to let me know I am near my overdraft ... I still have £20 left!

My phone is already working on the new TPO sim, got DS1s up and running properly and his number will transfer sometime in the next few days.
    Still to attempt DS2s, he has left his phone without credit for so long you can no longer call it. Grrrr.

The whole house is a mess. I will tidy top two floors and clean bathrooms when I come back from Sportsday (every single child from yr 1 up does every single race......... until you are loosing the will ..... to...... live.....)

DS4 just got Mo Salah and Mo Farrah mixed up. All these Mo 's! The look on his face was a total picture, trying to work out why a British long distance runner would be playing football for Egypt in the World Cup. Poor 8 yr old. The world just does not make sense!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »

DS4 just got Mo Salah and Mo Farrah mixed up. All these Mo 's! The look on his face was a total picture, trying to work out why a British long distance runner would be playing football for Egypt in the World Cup. Poor 8 yr old. The world just does not make sense!

Absolutely brilliant! I'd love to be a fly on your wall often Fox, that one is a cracker.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport