22 Foxhole East

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Went into school yesterday
    Asked them if they had a suggestion box that the parents could post suggestions into.

The receptionist said no they didn't but it was a good idea, but if I wanted to make any suggestions I could tell her.

So I suggested she gets a suggestion box.

The school does not do World Book day, or 500 words, or the daily mile, or really tell the parents anything that is coming up, more than a week in advance. Unless they want you to pay for it.

I already have 3 kids who want to come and see The Greatest Showman with me tomorrow! DH says no as it is not a true to life depiction of his life story. Like Solo or Moulin Rouge. Pah! Grown ups!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Ha ha Fox... suggestion to get a suggestion box! Love it.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    The Greatest Showman was really good. If it can keep an 8 yr old and 10 yr old boy spellbound for nearly 2 hours then it gets my vote. Mind you I am still smarting from the Moshi Monsters Movie stealing 2 hours of my life I will never get back.

So far this morning, I have.......
    Cancelled s/o for old EE contract
    Demanded £26.83 refund from old energy supplier
    Given this month's meter readings to new energy supplier

Still to do today

2 drops of wallpaper to finish off the loo upstairs
    Replace loo roll holder
    Paint skirting boards in there
    Paint skirting board in DS2's room,
    Use left over wallpaper paste to put a collage of O/S maps on the kitchen wall next to the dining table. Their grasp of UK geography is shocking, and it covers a bare plaster wall.

One after school club - athletics

Waiting on mortgage to be updated with DHs regular payment so I know how much I need to overpay to get below £105k
    (£104,999.99 will probably be the number I am aiming for)
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Loo upstairs now finished - nobody really goes in there unless there is a body in the bathtub, so it will be a pleasant surprise for them when they do go in there.

Did not replace loo roll holder, got so far as to get the screwdriver and all the bits together, then I thought 'what am I putting this scabby bit of tat on my wall for?' so bought a new one. £7. Shiny. Will put on tomorrow.

Painted all DS2s skirting boards, the bits on the door frame I seem to have forgotten (the inside !) and the skirts in the loo all nice and shiny white.

Used up all the paste, so did not map the kitchen wall. Another job for later.

Must have stood on a pastey bit of wallpaper while doing the loo, as I realised while perusing the YS aisle in Tesco, that my shoe was stuck to the underside of my foot. Must have been while I was driving, my foot on the pedal must have provided the ideal pressure to stick a persons skin to shoe. Very strange sensation to be walking about with a stuck foot. It did make me giggle. There is probably a fetish group somewhere. Just not for me.

Cheated for supper tonight, I made pizzas from Naan bread from the freezer. Worked very well. Also made a salad from white cabbage, red pepper, grated carrot and grated broccoli (YS) with a (YS) mango and chilli dressing. It was lovely. with the last 1/4 bag of oven chips and one single solitary onion ring each. - I was using stuff up. Finding it really hard to meal plan when I can barely be bothered to cook in this heat. If it were just me I would not even bother, I don't think. But it is not just me, and DH is the queen of takeaways if food it not ready.

S-i-L has not been in touch after the 'must visit soon' message. She probably did not mean it anyway. I hope. I'd rather get on with fixing the house! That probably makes me sound mean. I don't mind being considered mean though. I have 4 boys who think I am the embodiment of evil. What's another one?

Mortgage still not updated yet..........
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    STATS STATS STATS !!!!

Mortgage currently £105, 537.99

Monthly interest of £138.56

Daily interest £4.62 (4p less than last month!)

So I need to find £538.00 to get me to where I want to be by the end of the month.
    Off to look down the back of the sofa.... and jiggle finances a bit.
  • f0xh0les
    edited 3 July 2018 at 7:35AM
    Options
    Easy money jiggling about done.
    Mortgage now £105,300.00

Need to find £300.01 to be on track. Should not be too difficult - child benefit due 23rd is £247 and I am mostly in the middle of a field, in the middle of nowhere, Ireland, for the last two weeks of the month (no internet). I have no tradesmen planned this month either and no ridiculous childrens' residentials . £900 left in the budget for the month not counting c/b. Will not make any more overpayments as I still have the ferry to pay for.
    It is on the cc that gives M&S vouchers, I used a cashback site (5%) and £25 loyalty points from the Easter trip, so about £50 cheaper than it would have been otherwise.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Fingers crossed it's the north as the south of Ireland is so expensive!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    It is both North and South - both sides fighting to keep me and the kid for longer than the other one. Honestly it is pathetic.

When the flight is less than £10 each way, because I need to take the 7 seater car to do 'lugging stuff about' and tip runs, and sacks of bird seed for winter, and at Easter I ended up picking up 20 bags of gravel chips and filling holes in a private road!
    The trip ends up costing me about £600 and then I am told I should be grateful that I have people who give me a nice break away from home! They definitely take their pound of flesh.

I will stop, I must stop. I remain convinced they will one day 'catch themselves on' and will learn some manners.

Either way, by the 1st of August it is over and done with.
    That is the goal.
    That is what I am aiming for.

And hooray! for the Irish Sea, say I
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    my sentiments exactly! did i mention that my in laws live on the other side of it to me?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Maybe yours and mine could run away together?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure