Comments

• KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 3,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I’m drowning in germinating pumpkins too. Might be their year? 🤷‍♀️😉

KK
    As at 15.04.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £253,994, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £5,965, Interest saved £2,124, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 16 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 6th May)
    Produce tracker: £25.45 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • LadyWithAPlan
    LadyWithAPlan Posts: 2,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    All action over here and long may the kids do the washing up continue !
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
  • KajiKita
    Options
    It’s hard working full time and ‘doing stuff’ on top. TBH, whenever we have a big DIY project and Mr KK is busy, all of the housework stuff falls to me whereas normally we would share to some degree. 

However, that’s a really productive week around work. Well done 😊 and I am glad sons (mostly) stepped up to help with the cooking. Did they enjoy it?

KK
    As at 15.04.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £253,994, end date brought closer by 2 months  

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Did they enjoy it?  Well it took time away from their computer game playing, and they really found it more difficult than they thought it was going to be- cooking times and all that.  Now they want an air fryer because ovens are scary.
    Got up, had coffee and a shake, and went on the  shopping circuit - Heron/Tesco/Lidl, then went to a charity shop as a reward for my patience.   Came out, did Sains/F00ds of the Frozen Farm and another charity shop - found a HUGE pine mirror for £5.99 so that came home with me as well. It has no fittings, but I have the fittings from the original mirror DH broke, so will rig that up and put it on the wall where it is supposed to be. 
    Had to come home as it is lunchtime, so popped to the shop where DS2s new laptop was residing - DPD reckoned they tried to deliver it, DS2 said he was camped in the living room the entire time and they never came near the place, let alone knocking on the door or ringing the bell.
    I think I have lost one of my dangley Bristol blue glass earrings on the way home from work last night. Boo!
    Okay, going to feed the smallests  lunch, and then probably head into the yard to plant up a couple of tubs with rescue plants.   I am sure this weather was not forecast, but it is brilliant sunshine and feels in the 20s!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • KajiKita
    Options
    Ovens are scary?! 😂😂 Oh my days … I’ve only just started using an air fyer and I found that scary (to start with … 😉). 

Awesome news about the mirror 👍🎉🥳 I remember when the previous one broke and how upset you were because it created exactly the effect you wanted and you only got c. 3 days to enjoy it or some such. It goes on the stairs or a landing somewhere …? 🤔

Aww sucks about the earring. :( Gutting when that happens. I assume it would be difficult to find a replacement? 

I have done much gardening today and am beetroot red! Partly through being physically warm but also from UV and wind exposure! 😉

KK
    As at 15.04.24:

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I bought copper tape to stop the slugs, but I haven't used it yet so can't say how effective it is.... I've only had it about 3 years, so that tells you how much gardening has been done.  Hoping for better this year, as just had new shed and fencing done.... all I need now is a gardener!  :blush:
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport