22 Foxhole East

in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
3.9K replies 468.2K views

Replies

• kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, quoting for tiles is 'did you actually listen to what I asked for' 😤  
    Skip prices and scaffolding availability have gone up from what I've heard from friends who've had work done...but not by that much! Best of luck with quotes mark II
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• QueenJessQueenJess Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    f0xh0les said:
    DH did not help matters by printing him out a certificate praising him for his creative disrespectful behaviour (bronze award) and telling him he was proud of him. DS3 wants it framed.

That’s brilliant 🤣. Exactly the kind of silly thing that I would do.

Reminds me of my parents when I got a detention at school (my only ever one) for swearing at a boy in my class who was attempting to pick on me. I was very confused why my parents weren’t annoyed. They thought it was amusing and were pleased I could stick up for myself.
    January 2022
    NSD 18/20
    Jan grocery challenge spent £449.06 / £575
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, perhaps the roofer afraid of heights needs a career change? Sewer engineer maybe? 🤔

Not sure what you can say to DS3, it is a bit like having no winners at sports day and everyone gets a participation medal. I can understand how its beneficial to some children, but doesn't really reflect the real world of 'it's tough out there '.

Hope DS1 is ok, is he missing home, the initial novelty of self sufficiency waning or overwhelmed? I'm sure he'd love a visit x
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• mark55manmark55man Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    well done @queenjess for sticking up for yourself - I think its very much of its time that you were punished for defending yourself against a bullying boy
    I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlour/Drinking milk shakes cold & long/Smiling & waving & looking so fine
    2022: Weight-loss 3/20kg, Steps 39.3k/3000k
    Total Debt 01/22: £54.5K -- Mortgage Neutral Pot:£31.9K/£86.4K - EF:£1.5K/£10K
  • f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    DS1 needs to find his tribe, his flatmates are very nice, but really 'not him'.
    His swimming was cancelled this week as the coach's train was delayed and their insurance would not let them do the session without him.  No happy endorphins in his body :/
    It is dark and he wants to hibernate, and did not get up til 4pm yesterday - he was awake from 1ish but did not get up.
    He has just had a week  of tests and exams (he did well), so he had been fretting,
    and probably everyone is talking about The C Word and we are pretty low key about it - no chalet skiing holiday for us!  
    He is making friends at The Board Games Society, and was horrified when he went out for a birthday meal with a bunch of them, and was charged £5 for a lemonade (not just any lemonade,  hand squeezed unwaxed Amalfi lemons, don'tcha know). The meal for 6 came to over £350 and his share was £25.  Sushi can be expensive in the evening!  He is a Frugal amongst Spenders.
    Had the in-laws ring last night - panicking s-i-l won't be able to come over for December-fest for the second year running.  There is no point second guessing -
    I am getting annoyed at the whole 'A Return To Masks' news.  I never gave up wearing mine.  I know the older people I am coming into contact with have given up wearing them, but if there were more than 3 people in a room (who were not my kids),  my mask went back on.  I wore the bloody thing for 12 hours at a time (3 masks a day) all through the graduation job.  But the parents seemed surprised, and asked if they had to wear a mask to enter the hall.   I totally understand they are either going to wear them or not - but to pretend it went away and has suddenly come back is disingenuous.
    Which means I am going to have to get to Step-Gran asap before the common travel area gets shut down or she wills herself into a stroke. Either way I need to get a move on.  The snow proved that - they stopped the boats
    Today's plans involve an X-word fair in the 1390's built timber framed Guildhall, a vegan market, looking at twinkly lights, and there is an installation where it snows every 15 minutes on one street, and then  football at 2pm, plus the obligatory 'IT IS 5PM ON SUNDAY NIGHT AND YOU STILL HAVE NOT BROUGHT ME DOWN ONE SINGLE PIECE OF LAUNDRY!!!!!'  twilight bark.
    MFW#65 Nov 21 = £79,999.99 Daily interest £3.96 Aiming for £70k by December 22
    E/F £20,000 but I still need a new roof and an extension and the loft boarding out.
    NSTurtle # 6 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.
    https://referme.to/GNNHtJ L&C referral link for free mortgage brokerage
    5.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snow!! Great big cricket ball sized fluffy dollops of the stuff! Gods I love watching  snow.  Weather forecast for here overnigh! is -2  ... Oh the weather outside is frightful.. Going to hoick out the gloves cos I'm gonna be scraping the windscreen in the morning!
    So far the shopping list for Tuesday reads ... (ahem, shuffles papers )... fleecy pjs, dressing gowns, winter duvets, fleece duvet covers, 3 more hot water bottles, Gin.
    I would have bought it all on Friday if I had been paid, but I had not been paid, so I didn't.  Now they are complaining about being cold at 4am, so I have to take immediate (well Tuesday-iate) action.  Hot water bottles were deployed last night as well.  So it will be hot baths and hot chocolate before bed tonight, with a hottie to take upstairs with them. 
    They do not believe me that I grew up in a house without central heating.
    E/F £20,000 but I still need a new roof and an extension and the loft boarding out.
    5.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭

Weather forecast for tonight - Brrrr
    Weather forecast for tomorrow - More Brrrr