22 Foxhole East

in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
3.9K replies 467.8K views

Replies

• apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    12.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you think a trip to step Gran will really happen? Won't travel regs have seized up by then? You may get there and not be allowed back...
    NST Janus; NSD 1; Ex

MFWDate: very soonish. I hope...
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    12.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, absolutely. If it means you can tick that box for a bit, then you should buy a paddle boat and row over there! Hope you can squeeze a visit to her in x
    But you're not expected to take the kids, are you?!?!
    NST Janus; NSD 1; Ex

MFWDate: very soonish. I hope...
  • f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hell no! Not inflicting her on my kids anymore.
    MFW#65 Nov 21 = £79,999.99 Daily interest £3.96 Aiming for £70k by December 22
    E/F £20,000 but I still need a new roof and an extension and the loft boarding out.
    NSTurtle # 6 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.
    https://referme.to/GNNHtJ L&C referral link for free mortgage brokerage
    5.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I should be fine as long as I just do NI and do not go down to the south - which I can do if I leave the kids at home. See, there is method to my mad plan.   Just need to make sure there are no storms in the offing.  Slept in Holyhead ferry terminal too many times for it to be funny anymore.
    E/F £20,000 but I still need a new roof and an extension and the loft boarding out.
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a lovely thing for DS1. I'm sure he'll be chuffed to bits.
    I had to double read the bit about the bill total when they went out, even as a working adult my little grey cells screamed 'how much!' (And on sushi, yuk! One thing I'm really not keen on, and I've even been fortunate enough to try the authentic stuff in Asia).

Could you not take step gran a dose of something contagious, mild enough not to finish her off (however tempting) but enough for her to stop pestering you for a bit? 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• pebpeb Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Was popping by to see if you have been paid.......
    5.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, still not been paid.
    5.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have some numbers! 
    The mortgage is currently at £79,499.99,
    monthly interest was £117.70
    and daily interest was £3.92.
    Only made an overpayment of £57.16 this month as I have my car in for a service and mot on 10th, DS4s birthday on 23rd, the  C-word on 25th and  2 x car insurances due on 14th Jan, but the cheap day to search and buy is 22nd/23rd.  Most of this will go onto the S&M CC for the S&M vouchers, and then I will pay it off when I get home.  So it is just annoying now that I have still not been paid, but the regular workers did warn me that they would be surprised if I got paid this month, and to expect it in December.
    Will fire off an email in the morning as nothing can be done tonight.
    Today was all about the DRAMA! Got up to a dripping ceiling in the kitchen (we still have a bare channel in the plaster where the electricians made a mistake), and we feared the boiler was leaking, but it was not, it was the pipe that went into the defunct pump, so DH ordered some valves, as none of the 3 plumbers merchants within spitting distance had the right size (no surprise there!) so he bought some bendy flexible aluminium pipe things and bypassed the pump and the dripping stopped.  I was his third hand.  But... and it is an annoying but..... it had dripped all over half of the nicely folded bedding in the airing cupboard.  So all that is out, and being washed again. The other half is out and destined for the beds tomorrow.  One new fluffy duvet cover has arrived. The new hot water bottles have all been tested. The weather has turned milder.  Typical.
    The top two floors have been  hoovered, the trees are in the kitchen along with the lights and baubles.  The pantry has been organised and everything is in neat lines.  I just chucked some more booze on my fruit, as I have not got round to making the cakes yet.  The fruit should be fine, I mean there is SOOOOOO much booze in it. It is just having a lovely bath - will bake the cakes tomorrow night. Everything is getting away from me at the minute.
    The advent calendars were hung on the bannister with care, and today's offering was Buttermilk (brand) chocolate covered peanut butter crunch wrapped in some red foil sweetie papers that I have had for yonks = Rudolf noses. 
    Buttermilk is a stupid name for a company that makes d/f g/f chocolate sweets. I think they might have a dairy range somewhere, but honestly?   It is like calling a gluten free company WHEATY.  They do make rather nice chocolates though... and good old 'Mum's Run off with an Icelander' frozen food emporium is selling Whittackers coffee chocolates and minty chocolates (g/f d/f) boxes for £1 for 15 creams.  Lush! They got wrapped in silver foil, and red foil, and are going straight in the calendars as soon as I buy another box of NOMO caramels (they come ready wrapped in gold foil).  Then they can fight it out between them on the landing in the morning. I will just have to make sure the items match up with the numbers so they get the same thing on the same day.   Isn't life complicated ?? :D:D
    If I do not get paid this week, then I have £400 floating ambient cash for MOT/London daytrip /Birthday /Xmas /Car Insurances.  If I do get paid then I should have closer to £900.  Either way, once the school run is over on the 17th, there is hardly any costs involved, most of what we get up to we will walk to,  I am nearly £400 in credit with the Energy company until the meters are read on 7th.  DH is on strike again.