22 Foxhole East

Options

Comments

• Paspatur
    Paspatur Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Foxholes, I freeze pineapple rings and then cook them with gammon steaks. This is tinned ones, maybe yours are fresh. No idea if this would work in a cake as I don't bake. The tins are far too big for me, I open a tin when the grandkids have a sleepover as they love pineapple and yoghurt and then I freeze the rest
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I must admit to being a bit conflicted about doing things for charity.  I was brought up to believe a labourer is worthy of his hire, but also that doing things for others is a good thing.  Then a son of a friend of mine had done something he shouldn't & got caught & ended up doing community service.  Somehow he got himself, instead of litter picking, working in a charity shop.  Frankly he was shocked, not an easy thing to do with him, at some of the things that were going on & it does make you wonder.  Also the ones getting paid always seem to get the pats on the back whilst the volunteers do the work.  Not that you do it for the pats on the back but it must grate to see those that DO NOT deserve them getting them.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Fresh pineapple freezes fine, OH bought a spare one home a while ago and I chopped and froze portions to use in sweet n sour. Word of warning though...it does look remarkably like diced swede when frozen which can be a little problematic with meal planning if mixed up (also speaking from experience!)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 6 December 2021 at 11:48PM
    Options
    There is no shame in needing help, there is only shame in not helping when you could (esp. with no real cost to yourself), or taking something you do not need when other people do need it (but Hey, Why Not!  it's free! ha ha  suckers! ) .   I believe the latter occurs quite a lot in the charity sector.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    In Tuesday morning weirdness..... I have still not been paid, but my sub £10 travel expenses claim has come into my account from them.  
    Odd huh?  maybe something is starting to happen.....
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What with waiting to be paid, coupled with waiting for the delivery of the knock-and-run delivery people, your life is sooo exciting, f0xh0les!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Payroll and expenses are generally unconnected. But I’d be wary of taking more work from someone so bad at paying. They don’t have to wait to run payroll - they can make an exception if they screwed up.
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    What with waiting to be paid, coupled with waiting for the delivery of the knock-and-run delivery people, your life is sooo exciting, f0xh0les!
    Yeah! So I decided to climb an unsecured ladder, hang a net of stars in the front window, clean the living room, put red fairy lights in the grate with even more pine cones (tried to have them on the landing bannister last year and it did look like the portal to hell), and dressed the living room for Xmas -  put rechargeable lights on the trees for the 2 youngest, so they have scampered  off upstairs with their little 3 foot trees and will decorate them later, right now the lights are enough.  Put all the dvds away in a box, so they are tidy, found the 2 decorative wreaths, have covered the side tables in festive fabric, tied a ribbon round the diamante iguana ornament, moved a bit of furniture,  put the penguins and badgers in the window, and now the room looks a total mess and it will be sorted out properly tomorrow.
    First a lovely stew and mash that needs to be cooked.   It is not exciting, but it is satisfying - so far a strike ballot and a flyer for meat have been the only things to be delivered.  Boo!
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Is it Unitemps Foxholes?  In my experience with UoL casuals and Unitemps any delays related to people not having submitted right to work documents before they employed you which made it very hard to sort out even as a helpful rule bender.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback