22 Foxhole East

Comments

• QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,653
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Why on earth would people want to rob wreaths?!
    2024 decluttering: 6,003 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,817
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    because they are robbers!! :D:D:D
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    f0xh0les said:
    Oh dear. The house across the way has a new tenant.  His two mates were knocking on his door at 3pm, beer cans in hand. He did not let them in so they stood on the street drinking.   The smell of skunk on the street at 10am was horrendous.  Makes you wonder about those house alarms going off.  Hope he manages to sort himself out, and clean himself up.  The landlord usually rents to students, so was surprised to see a fully grown man in there.  Nobody ever seems to live there long though.  So def no presents going under any trees, and the house will not be left unattended.
    I have sorted the few tiny presents I have bought into named carrier bags, so I have an idea of the size of the pile of things people have. 
    Have moved a few bits around the living room, DH did not notice the lights were on the tree last night.   Still have to move out 2 boxes of DHs tat, and a ladder.  I have not yet made the Xmas Puddings, but I have located the wrapping paper, tape, and scissors,  got the presents into my bedroom, wrapped a few parcels ready to send via the Royal Postal Service and bought pain au choc, croissants, and cinnamon swirls in a tin for the kids to make me.  
    When the kids get home from school I will get on with the cleaning.  I know I have some command hooks somewhere - I remember finding them in the Summer holidays, have no idea where they are now though, so will pick up another 2 pack, and hang the wreaths on the walls as decoration - we have a terrible problem round here with people robbing the wreaths off people's front doors - 4 went yesterday (according to reports on the local fakeb00k page) so mine are staying inside the house!
    Oh no, I hadn’t read about that- we’ve just popped one on the door and live close to you- best be getting some double sided tape out tonight!

Sorry to hear about the nightmare neighbour across the way; not pleasant at all to feel you can’t leave your house unattended :( fingers crossed they are only there temporarily!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    badmemory said:
    Hopefully your new neighbour (as he didn't let his visitors in) has moved there to get away from his previous life.  Fingers crossed on that one. 
    What on earth would someone get out of stealing a wreath off a door.  Well other than the I've got one over on you & I am a thief so that is what I do.  Some very sad people in the world.  Sorry but I have to feel sad for someone who feels the need to do this.  Their life must be dire & by that I don't mean deprived of cash.
    I bet  some folk resell them via various channels.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport