22 Foxhole East - Page 216

New Post Advanced Search

22 Foxhole East

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
2.3K replies 275.6K views

Replies

• kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever tried doing Couch to 5k? (Or C25K as its commonly known). 
    I've done a bit of it with OH when he was following it. I personally worked up my mileage by going out with a running friend who made me get my milage up by getting me drunk and had me agree to doing a half marathon 😂 i don't think it's a recommended programme though 🙈
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're supposed to be able to run at a pace where you can hold a conversation...me and my running partner take that part VERY seriously if not much else about running (apparently Pringles and Red Bull are not considered appropriate pre race nutrition by 'proper' athletes....my friend can churn out a half marathon in 1hr 50-something so they can jog on...literally 😂). We've also never stuck to the 'increase your distance by a max 10% each week' either. See I'm great at giving out advise, not so good at using it myself. Shame you're not closer to me, I think we'd get on well running. 
    Well given the state of the Gov coffers, I'm not surprised on the maths front! 🤦‍♀️
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16