We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• Morning,

Lots to do today.

Need to do the washing, check DD's camp stuff, sew badges on to her camp blanket, ironing.

Thursday night we need to pack.

DD has a total of 14 badges, why do I do it to myself, she'll end up with more after next weekends camp too lol :rotfl:

Tooth fairy was good and left her a pound for her big tooth.

Talking to DH last night and he has mentioned to his boss about me starting with their sister company, he's mentioned to DH about eventually pulling me over to them on a permanent basis to sort out their document control :cool: hoping that's the silver lining I'm looking for.
  • So after a crap week, which also resulted in a parking ticket and needing a new tyre. I'll be glad to see the back of September.

Washing is nearly done and I have 5 badges left to sew on the camp blanket. DD's bits are sorted, just need to pack next week.

Thinking about payday and if I get paid overnight (doubtful) I'm driving to the Heathrow office & handing everything over then, if not and it goes in that afternoon, once it's in, then I'll hand everything back to the PM on site and go.

I'm having two sick days to go to new company site for handover from previous DC.

Hate to see my tax code next year. HMRC are going to have fun working out my year lol

Back later
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Were you paid?

It all sounds a bit stressful, I hope things get better soon!
    :happylove
  • Lots going on this week, so may be AWOL until I get things straight.

Up shot is, I'm getting paid this months wage on Thursday :T talking to my lovely friend she's said that she'll ensure it goes in then. I've said to her that I'll come up to HO to hand everything over. I'll have been paid and won't owe them or vice versa so can just walk away & start afresh.

Heard from the Agency today & they've sent me paperwork over to sign so that I'll get paid once I'm on their books.

Like a lot of jobs, I will miss some of the site team but the kids are the most important at the moment and ensuring that I have money coming in is my top priority.

Update on DH. He has a touch of sciatica and has started physio. Fingers crossed that works....no news on fixing the car though, third party insurers still haven't authorised the repairs.

Still have 5 badges to sew on DD's camp blanket....Oh and my 12 year old is all loved up and has got a GF :eek: I'm toooo young! She's presently referred to as 'Stuff' when he talks on the phone (so he doesn't get embarrassed talking to his parents :rotfl::rotfl:)

Budget totally gone out of window this month but will mean that next month will be trying but will do my best to get on track.

Sold and posted something on Amazon today, with something else to post tomorrow.
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    That's great news about being paid properly, and about the fresh start! :j

When will you actually start working at the new job?
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Congrats on new job :)xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Morning,

Induction/handover today & tomorrow at new place, having sick days from my current job. New job officially starts on Monday :)

Was advised to formally resign yesterday, so I am going to do but sending the resignation first thing Friday morning.

Two badges left to sew on :rotfl:

Not much else to report.
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    It all seems to be happening so fast! I hope it goes smoothly x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I hope your DH will be ok sciatica is awful I've had it myself.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

I'm back after a rather eventful week.

Emailed my resignation yesterday morning and handed everything back and walked away :) I feel a bit better but am also doing the whole OMG I just quit my job, but it was needed to be done.

Start the new job on Monday :T:T

DH wants to buy shopping weekly this month, so I agreed to try it, I think we'll spend more but he's not convinced. Will sort out a meal plan and list later on

Various people have been paid, MBNA is now down to £9050.00, so heading in the right direction.

DD went to Brownie camp yesterday, she was beside herself with excitement lol pick her up tomorrow afternoon.

Need to buy some jeans today as I've gone through my other pair and I have one left.

Need to sort out the car insurance. DH's is over £1k for next year :eek: mine isn't too bad but I'll look at changing them today.

Apart from housework type stuff should be a stress free day.

Off to catch up with diaries I've missed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport