Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad to read your check in Cat even if things do sound stressful.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Nope - no knitting or crochet last night after all... I hope I'll get some done tonight - I need it for my stress levels. That will be next after I've updated here. I have 5 projects on the go at the moment and am getting in a pickle that I'm not making any progress with any of it.
    Day out of school today on a training course. Luxury lunch all paid for by the union and I feel a lot better informed and prepared for times ahead. Got home early ready to do some schoolwork to find that dd's new bed had been delivered but not assembled. Ugh. Apparently it arrived too late to put together before dh had to go to work. I told the company it had to be delivered in the morning as dh starts work at 12 - they arrived at 1130 apparently. So I spent an hour putting the new bed together and putting the bits of the old bed out in the rubbish. Then showered and made dinner and now don't feel like doing any work - it means I'll have to put a day in over the weekend though. Meh.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    That's great that the bed has arrived Cat. Bet your daughter's excited :)

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Thank goodness I've made it to Friday. This week has felt like an absolute eternity and it's been a strange one as well. I've had to bring a load of work home with me because all of the printers and copiers have been down at work for the past 2 days. How I'm supposed to teach without access to printing and copying is completely beyond me.
    And it's freezing. I've had to put the heating on because I'm completely numb...
    Not too much else to report. Weekly shop is done at L1dl (I am completely in love with that shop) and I'm just waiting to collect dd from gymnastics at 8. Then I have an early night planned because I have training at 7am tomorrow.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    I always wish Mr L was closer. It is great value isn't it. That's mad about the tech fail. Whatever next!!

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave: :coffee:
    Been a long and miserable weekend weather wise. A couple of those days where it never gets properly light during the day and it's rained or sleeted for most of the time as well. Plus it's really windy outside so feels bitterly cold compared to the Indian Summer that we all seem to have enjoyed. One of those where I've had to have the heating on full blast the whole time and just wanted to hibernate for most of the time. I'm still really tired, but it's the more familiar tired that I'm used to rather than the massive exhaustion I've had for the past couple of months. It's now down to just poor quality sleep (again) - waking up lots during the night, busy brain, stressing about work, home and anything else that I really don't need to do much stressing about to be honest. I woke up for the day just after 6am yesterday and at 5.15 today. Thankfully I did all of my schoolwork on Friday night so I could afford a weekend of not too much work on that front. 6 weeks to go till Christmas hols start...
    Spent the afternoon at my mam's today - she's not doing that well at the moment mood wise. Seems to be really down, and has gotten it into her head that my sister is deliberately ignoring her. I know I have mentioned before that me and my sister had a massive fall out at Christmas a couple of years ago and whilst it's sorted out - things have never been the same. I'm really shocked though that she's not seeing much of our mam any more, and sad to see my mam so upset about it. I've not been the best of daughters myself recently though - need to make more time for her... I'm not going to get involved between her and my sister, mainly because it's none of my business but also because my mam asked me not to.
    Other than that, this weekend has been about Christmas preparation. I'm just about done - need to make some more headway on the crochet gifts front but most of the shopping is done. The past 2 Christmases have been pretty rough as far as I'm concerned and I'm really desperate to get back into enjoying myself again. I really used to love Christmas - and everything turned out really well last year in the end, but the run up was so stressful. :( My family is the most important thing in the world to me and I really want everything to be ok - Christmas is about family.
    Nothing much else to report through my haze of general exhaustion. Another long week ahead at work.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    I really hope your Christmas will be happy this year Cat. You deserve it.

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    I really hope your Christmas will be happy this year Cat. You deserve it.

Couldn't agree more.

You're so considerate in thinking about your loved ones. You're right...family is important at this time of the year and although she may not show it I'm sure your mam will appreciate the effort you're making.

Also, you're so organised for Xmas! Go you! Hopefully that should mean less stress going forward.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Just a quick check in tonight as I'm tired, stressed and injured :(
    I will report in tomorrow or Thursday but to give a quick summary of how the past couple of days have gone...
    Printing and copying still not working at work
    Continuing fall out from an ongoing issue with a colleague
    Panicking about chairing a meeting later this week
    Trying to balance out the need for a good nights sleep with the fact that my meds make me groggy
    Slipped over at home and have hurt both right arm and leg to the point I'm as stiff as a board
    Still plodding on though - it'll take more than that to properly get me (although I did feel like crying last night).
    Been at footy training tonight and have my own training tomorrow night but I will get on for a proper gossip and catch up over the next few days.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Bless you! So sorry to hear that. Hope your meeting chairing goes well and the pain isn't too bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport