Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon CCL.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hope things get brighter for you CCL, at least Christmas holidays are getting closer!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hi all :D
    As promised, I'm arriving for a proper gossip and catch up. This week has flown by again, and although I'm tired, it's the tired from lack of sleep rather than tired because I'm ill or stressed.
    Trying to think where to start - there's nothing interesting to catch up with really. Life is just work, family and dashing about. I keep meaning to do loads of things but then another day has gone past...
    Chaired my meeting at work tonight - it went ok. More people turned up than I thought and that was nice. The run up was like organising a party - you plan it and then fret that nobody is going to turn up... I felt as though it was productive though and that we might get something done. We shall see...
    Teaching is as busy as ever and I've now been a full week without access to printing and photocopying. It's been quite stressful and I certainly hope that it's sorted out soon. I'm not organised enough to get everything done in time.
    Have a new physio assessment tomorrow. My knee is causing me quite a lot of bother again. Got some time off work to go to the appointment but I am way behind with my planning and marking. That means quite a busy weekend ahead I reckon.
    MSE wise - Christmas shopping is almost done and I think that I've got a bit of money left over. That will be lovely if it happens. The crochet and knitting is ok - I have a long list of things to do but the Christmas stuff should get done and finished (as long as I actually get on with it).
    Think that's all I've got to report really. It's so busy... but not that interesting.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning CCL, good to hear from you.

Time does just fly by so I know what you mean. Sorry to hear your knee is playing up. I too suffer from knee trouble however the last time I went to the physio we managed to pinpoint what the problem was and slowly began to fix it from home with stretches etc. Have you been before? Do you know what is causing the pan and if so, can you do anything from home?
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad your meeting went well that's great!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning :coffee:
    As predicted, a busy couple of days. A combination of needing to do stuff for work and falling behind with Christmas crafting.
    I had my physio appointment. The pain is completely fixable - I have horrifically weak hip abductor muscles on my right side and tight hamstrings and quads. Lots of stretches and stupid looking exercises that make me think of the thighmaster from years ago. At least it's nothing too serious though - and not caused by my weight either. Now I'm a bit chewed with myself that I didn't go sooner to get it sorted out.
    Then went into work - I feel as though I had a really unproductive week last week, what with the printer debacle for a whole week, and I feel a bit like I'm chasing my tail. Thankfully (I think) it's mock exam week so in terms of teaching that's less of a load, just more marking to do. I'm hoping that if I apply my time well then I'll get caught up over next week. I also had a couple of meetings to go in as union rep, which is fine and what I've volunteered for but it's something else out of routine.
    I spent most of yesterday doing knitting and crochet - Christmas is getting awfully close now and I still have quite a bit to do on that front. I will try not to panic though because if I can't get it done then I simply can't - no point in stressing myself even more than I already do over something that's meant to relax me...
    Today, dh has mentioned going out for a drive and Sunday lunch. That would be lovely because we don't do much as a family, and even more so because he has suggested it and not me. The added bonus is that if he picks he pays - so I may just bag myself another nsd as well... :D
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Hope you did get out for a nice lunch/drive. It's been nice weather here. Seems to either be glorious or really grey and rainy.

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    CCL - Good news on the knee and I hope you enjoyed your Sunday lunch. Be sure to tell us all about it.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    It was a lovely afternoon out in the end. DH likes going for a drive around the freakishly scary country roads that are barely wide enough for one car, let alone 2. They make me so anxious that I actually have to sit in the back of the car so I can't really see what's going on :o I let ds sit in the front and I sat in the back with dd and pretended not to notice dh whizzing round the tiniest roads. It's totally me - I'm such a control freak I panic about anything and everything and I'm so used to being the driver that I make the worst ever passenger. We drove for miles over about 3 hours before going for a beautiful carvery lunch and then home. I was exhausted (not used to going out on a Sunday) but it was nice us all spending time together - even if we do seem to spend a lot of time talking about death and other miserable things as a family :rotfl:
    I didn't sleep well at all last night and as a result I've struggled a bit today. Bit grumpy, bit headachey, bit lazy. Christmas hols are still way too far away for me to be getting excited, and I feel as though I'm falling behind after the printing debacle - still chasing my tail even though it's all up and running. I'm just about to head off to bed to see if I can sleep for 9 hours or so... I'm a different human being altogether once I'm properly rested.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Wow sounds an epic Sunday! Those roads sound like the ones where I'm from. People usually beep as they go round the lanes to let others know they are coming. And at night it is pitch black.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport