Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Oh God, that whole 25 years thing REALLY made me go cold.

Arghh.
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hi all :hello:
    I didn't get on yesterday because I didn't get home from work until after 9pm last night. It was open evening so I had my smiley 'sell the school' face on for a few hours. Thankfully I had some fantastic volunteers to help me, including 2 of my Year 11 from last year who came back to help. It was lovely, although exhausting.
    So I came straight home and went straight to bed with a sore throat. I was rudely awoken at 5am with snot running down my face, a sore throat and a stuffy nose. Start of man flu season I suppose. Went back to sleep to be awoken for the day just after 6am by a very excited ds (his birthday today). So I've struggled through work today, plus birthday celebrations but I really am ready for my bed now. Just time for a little update on here because I can't be too long without writing in my diary.
    My scan appointment for my thyroid has come through - next Wednesday. Suppose I will just have to take time off work for that really - surely I can't be expected to find cover for that? Although I wouldn't be surprised if I did...
    Off to bed with a hot chocolate and feeling really sorry for myself... :coffee:
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hope you feel better today CCL.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Thanks Speky
    I'm loaded with cold. It's the kind of cold that completely wipes you out but doesn't quite make you ill enough to need time off work. Unfortunately it makes me really grumpy with the kids, and today was no exception. I was in full flow with a huffy year 10 by 11am.
    I've gotten through the day but had to bring marking home for the weekend. Need another early night tonight so that I can try and sleep this off and get on tomorrow.
    There isn't much to report - crafty Christmas is ongoing, housework is just not happening, BUT I have made it to payday thank goodness. Must get back on the wagon for October.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happy birthday to DS by the way! Get well soon Cat.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :coffee: :hello:
    I really did think that I'd checked in on here yesterday but obviously not. Manflu is still in full flow and I feel pretty cruddy to be honest. Got up early yesterday for my training session - boxing - not that I will ever actually fight another person but I do love a good punch of the pads and bags. Then did the bare minimum of housework (dishes, hoover, rubbish, washing) and started relaxing with telly and knitting. Had my tutoring session yesterday afternoon which involved dropping the boys off at football, then doing a little bit of shopping at my cheap shops (£land, BM) before going tutoring, then going to Icyland near where my student lives then heading back to Sunderland to meet the boys at MrT for the big monthly shop. We got home just before 7pm and I was absolutely exhausted. I felt sick and kept nodding off in the car (don't worry, I wasn't driving :p) - so took a very early night last night. I'm still snotty this morning and worn out before I even start. I was already struggling with tiredness but this is like a whole new level of it with a cold on top. I'm desperate to keep up with work but if I feel like this tomorrow I'm not sure I'll get through it.
    So today's plans are - nsd, bit of cooking if I can force myself, washing, getting the kids to do something and I also have to mark the set of books I brought home... Oh, and to continue with my hand made Christmas...
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon CCL, the bugs going round at the moment are foul!!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon CCL!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,066.55 as of 04/24
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening everyone :wave:
    Something very strange has happened. I have finished for the evening by half past six. I have the worst feeling I've forgotten to do something but I don't know what. I've washed up, fed cats and kids, showered, made packed lunch etc. I'm all planned for tomorrow and my marking is almost up to date.
    So I'm going to make an early start on some crafting. I'm starting to flap about the number of requests I have and the amount of time I don't have... Eek!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow Cat that's great. Enjoy your free time for once.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport