Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning people. :coffee:
    Monday already and I'm feeling stressed out. I have lots of niggly little things to do today. My leg is still really sore and I have to cancel my physio appointment tonight because I've double booked the car with the boys for football. :( If I don't cancel first thing then I get charged £20 which I can't afford to lose...
    Plus I have a full teaching day, plus a union meeting, plus marking needing to be done. Not much then...:p Yes, I am taking the multi vits and iron but not noticing anything much yet - just how much I'm aching all over still. Doctor's appointment Thursday so we'll see if she's even remotely bothered or just wants to lecture me about my weight. :cool:
    The thing I'm looking forward to the most though is getting home and not having to chop a load of veggies for dinner :j
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hope your day wasn't too bad.

Frozen veg is so much easier (and just as nutritious apparently!). It's what we mainly use.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Gosh - dead on my feet today. My stiff knee seems to be getting worse, but have had to cancel my appointment with the physio because I'd forgotten the boys were off to watch Sunderland lose at football again tonight. Just when I really could have used my appointment as well - but we only have 1 car between us and my life wouldn't be worth living if they didn't get there.
    Busy day at work juggling teaching, union stuff, marking and planning. I've managed to keep my cool though and although I wasn't at my very best I did ok. I'll be a lot happier once I'm back into teaching chemistry again that's for sure. But books are marked, tomorrow is planned etc.
    I'm just about to prep packed lunches for tomorrow and then have a quick shower before I spend the evening in front of the telly with dd. Not much else to report - nsd and no plans for any spends any time soon...
  • sidsmum
    Options
    I hate to mention it but my knee is being replaced in about a fortnight, assuming the NHS still exists by then. It sstarted just like yours and at about your age.....
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hi CCL,

Been a while since I stopped by so spent a while catching up. Have you tried Voltarol gel for your knee? I was troubled with a painful knee and I found it to help.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening everyone :hello:
    I'm in a mood like this tonight :mad: Think it's just one of those where nobody will be able to do anything right by me. I've swung from tearful to grumpy and back again. I can't believe that I'm this tired and it's only Tuesday.
    Not much time for anything other than work in my life at the moment, so nothing much to report here. Every time I open my mouth today I seem to have offended someone or gotten upset so probably the best course of action for me is to lie low until I feel better. Bearing in mind that I haven't spoken to dh for 2 days as we've been so busy it might not be worth my trying tonight. :o
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better CCL. Make sure you give yourself some time tonight so just unwind, even if it's 5 minutes. Your favourite hot drink, comfortable clothes, feet up, TV, a book, music - whichever, just allow some "me time" and I'm sure you'll feel better for it.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    You know that bad start to the week I mentioned? Well if I hadn't lived through this week myself I wouldn't have believed it. I'm ok, and laughing about it all but I am starting to wonder if I should hibernate...
    I have been in a bit of a mood all week - and it hasn't much improved. Anyway. Yesterday during my year 7 lesson I managed to wipe concentrated acid on my face. Hilariously it was because I had my goggles on my head rather than over my eyes and I was being 'safety conscious' so I went to pull them over my eye and must have had acid on the gloves I was using.
    And if you thought that was funny - today I nearly burned my classroom down. Anyone reading who knows what the alkali metals demo is, imagine pouring water on a 5x5x2cm piece of potassium. That's what I did. By accident, but I did it. The kids thought a surfing piece of potassium with a bright lilac flame literally burning a pathway across the bench and onto the floor was brilliant. Me, less so but I think I managed to keep my cool... At least my triple set Year 11 will not forget the reactions of alkali metals in a hurry. I'm almost too scared to go into work this morning.:rotfl::rotfl:
    I've just been mad busy everywhere else as well. Yesterday I took ds to a different football training session and was out until after 8pm. So I got home, got in the shower and then went straight to bed. Then tonight I finally had my doctor's appointment. She didn't just dismiss me as being fat but did offer me some diet advice along the lines of 'don't comfort eat'. She said I was a sensible woman who seemed to have my head screwed on. As for the aching and tiredness, she said that we would need to rule out medical causes before we put it down to just stress, but that I do need to manage my stress as well. Reminded me that I can't be responsible for others and I have to put myself first. All stuff I know... but she also examined me and thinks I have an enlarged thyroid gland. Ugh. I have googled what that means, but it's still a massive variety of possibilities. I have to have some bloods done, an ecg and an ultrasound of my thyroid as well. So we'll see if that throws anything up.
    Other than that, no time for myself, no time to catch up on here - it is literally just work, kids stuff and bed. I am sleeping my 8 hours, but still tired. I just can't do a long time away from the site...
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Hi CCL

I have been wondering about your Thyroid as the symptoms you have mentioned are exactly the same as I had. I was then diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. (underactive Thyroid) I now take medication for it and feel like a new person.

Hopefully they will get you sorted out very soon.

x
    SP 9#531=£620/SP 10 # 531=?PDBX 2016 #2 = £16,766.67/£12,000
    PDBX 2017 #2 = £1,200/£12,000

''If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain''
  • dawnybabes
    Options
    Impressive week, you will forget it :-)

I suspected thyroid as mine has gone, I'm having a nightmare loosing weight, all my joints ache all the time, I feel like I've turned into an old woman. The doctor has started me on the drugs but he's building me up slowly, too slow for me but hey ho !
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family