Finding the dating game so harsh!

Options

Comments

• jamiehelsinki
    Options
    UK0106 wrote: »
    As I said, that's based on my experience. The profiles of attractive men with 2 or fewer photos almost always turn out to be catfish after a reverse image search. Remember that as a man, you're only seeing women's profiles so you won't really be aware of what other men's profiles look like. if you think that men aren't as picture crazy as women, you're wrong.

In my opinion, if you're going to take the time to put yourself on a dating site, you should be prepared to not only complete your profile properly but also to put multiple, recent photos of yourself on there. Again, that's in my opinion and I will personally avoid profiles that have either no photos, minimal photos or poor quality photos (e.g. shots so far away you can't see the person's face, blurred quality, etc.).

A few gym boys and Facebook addicts maybe, I've managed to go on nights out with my friends for years without pictures being taken, compare that to your typical girls night out.

My pictures are recent enough, not blurred and front facing in normal daylight. If someone wants to skip my profile because of my low picture count then that's their choice. I've only been on there a few days so very early days, more have replied to me than not which surprised me.
    I think it's typical though that the one I would have wanted to reply hasn't!

What's the obsession with meeting for coffee on there?
  • makingplans4nigel
    Options
    What's the obsession with meeting for coffee on there?

No alcohol involved and quick exit if conversation is awkward...either that are they are all barista's.
    Come on sucker lick my battery
  • jamiehelsinki
    Options
    No alcohol involved and quick exit if conversation is awkward...either that are they are all barista's.

It just sounds awkward to me!
  • sarah_diamond
    Options
    What's your search radius?

I find most people living in Cardiff think it's the only place in Wales.

That's a bit extreme!

Although I have to say, the amount of guys in Cardiff who feel the need to use text speak just puts me off. I've been on pof for around 12 months now and been on precisely 2 dates - just can't be bothered deciphering the code they all seem to use! I prefer to read a message without getting a headache from trying to figure out what they mean to say - isn't it more difficult to misspell words now that so many phones and tablets have autocorrect.....
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    isn't it more difficult to misspell words now that so many phones and tablets have autocorrect.....

The problem is that autocarrot has a tendency to think it knows better than you and "corrects" things that are already correct to something that renders the sentence meaningless. I disable it on everything I own.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • jamiehelsinki
    Options
    The problem is that autocarrot has a tendency to think it knows better than you and "corrects" things that are already correct to something that renders the sentence meaningless. I disable it on everything I own.

I know this one all to well,
  • mariposa687
    mariposa687 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    I've just signed up and I'm still perfecting my profile. It has been hilarious so far with the guys that have messaged. The fact that they have messaged on such a basic profile is telling . Clearly, the scattergun approach. My favourite message has to be the one where the guy said he would sell his kidney for a date with me.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    I've just signed up and I'm still perfecting my profile. It has been hilarious so far with the guys that have messaged. The fact that they have messaged on such a basic profile is telling . Clearly, the scattergun approach.
    It's a numbers game. Message 20. Get 4 replies. 2 fade away quickly. Meet 2. Hope one of them likes you.

I'm pretty convinced it's 90% photo, 5% profile, 5% random madness.
    My favourite message has to be the one where the guy said he would sell his kidney for a date with me.

I'll sell both. PM me!
  • mariposa687
    mariposa687 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    It's a numbers game. Message 20. Get 4 replies. 2 fade away quickly. Meet 2. Hope one of them likes you.

I'm pretty convinced it's 90% photo, 5% profile, 5% random madness.

I'll sell both. PM me!

Deal! It is pretty amusing I have to say.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,170 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It is devilishly difficult meeting people and finding the right one is devilishlier more difficulter.

Finding someone who ticks all the boxes and for whom you tick all the boxes is really a challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure