🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Lowcostholidays collapses – your rights as 140,000 hit by travel chaos

Options

Comments

• Duane_Dibley
    Options
    wendylou38 wrote: »
    I am trying to lodge my compensation claim with Lowcost Holidays but their website announcement page gives you a link just to the Spanish Government. Does anyone know which department I need on the Spanish government website please?
    Also, how do I try and instigate a chargeback onto my visa debit card? I emailed visa but have had no response at all. Is there a number I need to call?
    Thanks for the help

You need to contact the Visa card issuer to instigate a chargeback whoever that is eg your bank.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wendylou38 wrote: »
    I am trying to lodge my compensation claim with Lowcost Holidays but their website announcement page gives you a link just to the Spanish Government. Does anyone know which department I need on the Spanish government website please?
    Also, how do I try and instigate a chargeback onto my visa debit card? I emailed visa but have had no response at all. Is there a number I need to call?
    Thanks for the help

You don't email VISA - you telephone the card services of the bank you used to pay.
    I would not bother with the Spanish government IMO you stand no chance of getting anywhere.
    You don't mention travel insurance - check your policy to see what you can claim.
  • JJB1979
    JJB1979 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    My lad had an email late last night from Hoppa cancelling his booking but offering him 30% discount if he rebooked it
    Have you just tried to do a fresh booking ? Like with most things holiday related they are more expensive the nearer the time you go

I also got the 30% off voucher but it's not worth much as everybody who books with them gets a 25% discount anyway (offered on their homepage). Their pricing model is to inflate and then offer a "discount".

Yes, it was a fresh booking, there was no other option. You're probably right about how close it is to the holiday (I originally booked in November, and am flying on Thursday), but it still seems unfair. They could have offered to send me the unpaid LCH bill and I'd have covered it.
  • JJB1979
    JJB1979 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I had 2 emails from Hoppa this morning, one with a 30% discount code LC30 and there is a 25% code on their website anyway. My Hoppa re-boooking was less than the LCH one I lost.

I too spoke to Santander 0800 0510164 (I think - got so many numbers written down), and they said I need proof of LCH administration (just email administrators and use their auto response as proof) and my confirmation booking. They didn't promise reimbursement to me and wouldn't comment on whether a claim would be successful.

Yeah, I used the 30% code but the price was £90 with it rather than the £45 I originally paid. When did you originally book?
  • Duane_Dibley
    Options
    JJB1979 wrote: »
    Yeah, I used the 30% code but the price was £90 with it rather than the £45 I originally paid. When did you originally book?

I booked in January
  • Foggy
    Foggy Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Foggy wrote: »
    Ok so I booked last October to go to Portugal this September. I paid for the flights with AMEX.

Ryanair have confirmed (via Livechat) that the booking is 'complete' I can't access the flights online as I don't have the correct security details apparently -phone number and last 4 numbers of card.

Normally you would check in online using the LCH 'Manage my Booking' section - obviously this is not available now. I have had nothing directly from Ryanair regarding the booking. I have given them the last 4 numbers of the card I paid LCH for the flights but they are saying that is wrong so will not let me access the flight details online. I asked what else I could do as I had paid for the flights and they had the money. They then terminated the live chat and I am back in the system in a 40 minute queue.

I paid for the accommodation and transfers 6 weeks ago using a debit card. I rang First Direct who were very helpful and have sent me a declaration to complete. Hoppa have already emailed stating my transfer is cancelled but have given ma a 30% discount code to rebook.

Just a quick update to my own post. I rang Ryanair this morning saying my flight had been paid for but I couldn't access it online as I didn't know the email address used as LCH booked it. They asked me if I had a LCH email. I tried the normal one, no good, however I did get another email from LCH to inform me of a flight time change. This was from 'avi-trad@lowcosttravelgroup.com' and bingo! that was the one used to book the flight. I have now added the flight to my Ryanair account.

Hope this helps anyone else unable to access their flight on Ryanair's system.
  • Zirafa
    Zirafa Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I booked through Hoteling and didn't realise they were part of LCT until I got the confirmation email. Wouldn't have booked otherwise as I knew they weren't ABTA protected.
    I rang Hotels4U yesterday and all the lady could tell me was that they were currently working on a policy for those booked between now and the 25th July. They'd be working on a policy for future bookings after that. She just said to keep an eye out for an email. I messaged the hotel (Rosen inn International in Florida) and they told me to ring them... well I can't do that! It'll cost me a fortune!
    I stupidly paid by debit card so I've issued a chargeback claim with Halifax. Don't know how likely it is I'llget my money back though.
    I also emailed the address that LCT is saying to register your claim with. Doubt I'll hear anything back from that!
  • Moto2
    Moto2 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    Zirafa wrote: »
    ........... I messaged the hotel (Rosen inn International in Florida) and they told me to ring them... well I can't do that! It'll cost me a fortune!

There's loads of ways to phone around the world for free or very little, do you have a smart phone?
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • Zirafa
    Zirafa Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah I have a smartphone... what can I do?
  • Easy-pd
    Easy-pd Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 17 July 2016 at 11:37AM
    Options
    So flight with Ryanair. Ok. Rebooked transfer. Ok. Rebooked car parking (he apparently give Me his staff discount too, thanks Bournemouth airport!)

Just hotel. I have emailed, they confirm booking, but just seem confused, saying I have the ticket printout so it's ok. I have a girl at work who speaks fluent Spanish and she called. They said much the same.

On my hotel voucher it says 'bla, bla, in its capacity have made your booking with hotelbeds for booking ref hotelbeds ********'

Hotelbeds are still trading from what I see, so could it be I am lucky on the hotel and they've been paid?

I have re emailed to say 'do not cancel!!!' If there is a problem. I guess I'll go expecting to pay and if not, it's a bonus?

Any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family