Lowcostholidays collapses – your rights as 140,000 hit by travel chaos

Options

Comments

• leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Easy-pd wrote: »
    So flight with Ryanair. Ok. Rebooked transfer. Ok. Rebooked car parking (he apparently give Me his staff discount too, thanks Bournemouth airport!)

Just hotel. I have emailed, they confirm booking, but just seem confused, saying I have the ticket printout so it's ok. I have a girl at work who speaks fluent Spanish and she called. They said much the same.

On my hotel voucher it says 'bla, bla, in its capacity have made your booking with hotelbeds for booking ref hotelbeds ********'

Hotelbeds are still trading from what I see, so could it be I am lucky on the hotel and they've been paid?

I have re emailed to say 'do not cancel!!!' If there is a problem. I guess I'll go expecting to pay and if not, it's a bonus?

Any thoughts?

If the accommodation was booked through LowCost Holidays who used Hotelbeds then it's highly unlikely that Hotelbeds will have been paid.
  • Moto2
    Moto2 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    Zirafa wrote: »
    Yeah I have a smartphone... what can I do?

Skype, Google Hangouts etc.

Go to the hotel website and see if they take Skype calls
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • meanmum
    meanmum Posts: 610 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Having spoken to our hotel to confirm our reservation, it seems they are in a very difficult situation, as they don't know whether to hold reservations or not - and they have no way of contacting people to check! Some people have whole holiday cancelled, including hotel, others have their flights booked but hotel not paid for, so still want the hotel booking, If you still want your hotel reservation, please contact them to confirm this - otherwise they will probably cancel it.
  • Zirafa
    Zirafa Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    So I've spoke to the hotel (tesco calling card app with £1 free credit, for anyone interested) and they say the booking is there but couldn't say if it had been paid for or not :mad:
    She said I needed to contact the company I booked with (well I can't, that's the problem here) so it looks like I'll have to wait and see if I hear anything from hotels4u if/when they get their policies sorted!
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So I've spoke to the hotel (tesco calling card app with £1 free credit, for anyone interested) and they say the booking is there but couldn't say if it had been paid for or not :mad:
    She said I needed to contact the company I booked with (well I can't, that's the problem here) so it looks like I'll have to wait and see if I hear anything from hotels4u if/when they get their policies sorted!

Give the hotel a call tomorrow and see if a manager is available to look into it further.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • beecher2
    beecher2 Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah I have a smartphone... what can I do?

Have a look here for options
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-overseas-calls

edit - sorry, didn't realise you'd called but I'll leave it there for anyone else needing to phone a hotel
  • Paul23n
    Options
    I Am presently on holiday in Crete, I booked with lch and arrived on Thursday 14th July. I presented my hotel voucher at check in, but now 2 days later the hotel is demanding I pay them 1360 euros as they have not been paid by lch, Which is more than than the £744 I originally paid to lch, the hotel say if they give me a receipt I will be able to claim the full amount back from lch insurers, I have not yet paid them any money, what should I do. Flights all okay as booked separately.
  • Alice_Walker
    Alice_Walker Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options
    Paul23n wrote: »
    I Am presently on holiday in Crete, I booked with lch and arrived on Thursday 14th July. I presented my hotel voucher at check in, but now 2 days later the hotel is demanding I pay them 1360 euros as they have not been paid by lch, Which is more than than the £744 I originally paid to lch, the hotel say if they give me a receipt I will be able to claim the full amount back from lch insurers, I have not yet paid them any money, what should I do. Flights all okay as booked separately.

You're going to need to pay and then reclaim from the Spanish equivalent of ABTA, your travel insurance, or your credit card provider if that is how you paid originally. The latter two options are more likely to get a timely response.
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    The hotel hasn't been paid for your stay, so you will need to pay. You can submit a claim for the original amount you paid to LCH via the details on their website, or if you paid by credit card you will be able to claim it under Section 75. Presumably you had supplier failure on your insurance so you could also claim that way, and if you paid by debit card you could raise a chargeback and hope that your bank can reclaim the money.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    Paul23n wrote: »

well £744 is about 885 euros that's all I would pay them on last day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport