PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Still heavy snow here, RV out with neighbours trying to clear the road but as fast as they move it, more comes down. About 5 inches lying now and starting to drift. Not stopped all day! Meanwhile I'm still in Google Gardening Mode... its a lot easier than the real thing :D:D
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know what you mean about the trolleys, GQ - I have one of those "old lady" trolleys (as I sort of am, now, I guess :cool:) and I took the shopping-bag bit of it off last year. It comfortably carried 90 litre bags of bark chippings, its very, very strong.

No snow down here - loving the phrase Google Gardening, that plus scanning family photos is exactly what I'm doing :beer:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    Make sure you take enough Emergency Blankets to go round.

One per person, two in my main coat, the rest in the car - plus three in first aid kit in car.

Since we are not now going to visit mother in law (oh this weather & ye gods Snowploughs on the M62?!), I am still uncertain of their role in the great game of Cludeo MIL other than render the cooling soul less visible to thermal imaging of the law? Do they give the perpetrator an edge in sloping off undetected by thermal sensors? Enquiring minds will not implement alibi plans without assurances.
    (If she goes over with a discovered-too-late heart attack, I am going to be part of the funeral decorations, strapped to her coffin with a bouquet of edged things stabbed into me like so much oasis... And I'd hear her laughing.)

How best to treat the snuffling male would be paterfamilias? He has full access to the collection of aspirin, paracetamol, ibuprofen & sundry remedies for the cold and associated complaints but insists on sitting in T shirt & cricket whites, snuffing juicily, demanding sympathy while insisting it's just cold. I'm wondering how long it takes for pneumonia to set in, if the patient is shoved into the back garden (snow blown a foot deep)...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 18 March 2018 at 3:11PM
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Still heavy snow here

Likewise here. :(

Just got back from having a Colonoscopy. Not a particularly pleasant experience. :(

The Moveprep caused less of a SHT-fan situation, and more of a SHT-pan one. :D

I don't know if it was down to the gas & air I had been inhaling, but when I was getting rid of all that wind (anyone who's had one will know what I'm talking about :) ), I couldn't help :rotfl:
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh poor Bob! I bet you're glad that's over. Sending best wishes.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You could say it was a real PITA. :D
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Options
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    I don't know if it was down to the gas & air I had been inhaling, but when I was getting rid of all that wind (anyone who's had one will know what I'm talking about :) ), I couldn't help :rotfl:
    After mine - I sped round Sainsburys like a deflating helium balloon. :D
    Concerns have been expressed about the potential for Russian cyber attacks on UK infrastructure.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/17/uk-finance-power-water-on-high-alert-threat-russian-cyber-reprisal-grows
    I don't think it's likely and won't be losing any sleep. Still - it's good to be aware. I might schedule in some panic buying ;)
    The other Beast from the East is the greater concern at the mo though hopefully the road out the village will be clear tomorrow. I'm fairly well stocked but I always seem to crave the very thing I don't have. :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    but I always seem to crave the very thing I don't have. :(

A large Lottery win? :D
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2018 at 4:33PM
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Woke up to about 3 inches
    So many tempting responses to that one but I held back..:rotfl:
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    So many tempting responses to that one but I held back..:rotfl:
    :DBB must be under the weather or he'd've had fun with that.

Still no more snow other that the very light sprinkling but it has been below freezing all day and will be colder tonight.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills