PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bob, what can I say, except {{{hugs}}}...
    Angie - GC April 24 £532.07/£480 - oops: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was going to robustly celebrate the establishment of a *second* stash of tea, not currently concealed under three ladders by f*ckless offspring Who Should Have Known Better, but Bob's news overrides such minor preps & concerns about just how you set about nerve gassing anyone.

Although I believe there are lurkers who have mother in law issues and might take a lively interest, I commend the Cludeo classics eg the candlestick in the library which happens to be soundly in keeping with Prepping ethos. Or a handy length of rope, which could also be used for TWOCing some equine. The revolver I feel is something of a tattletale and anyway tricky to source innocuously. I think mothers in law might also eyeball knives & poisoned brews dubiously, whereas the candlestick & rope seem so much less overtly terminal.

Dear Bob. Further {{{hugs}}}
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’m so sorry Bob, it’s such a grief go lose an animal, doesn’t matter how old they are really.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I don't know, but I can't help suspecting that if the Russian govt. had set out to eliminate someone, they'd have done it a darn sight more efficiently & with less potential collateral damage; no-one would ever have known it was an assassination except those who need to know, or at whom any implied message was aimed.

Popular thought is that it was done as a warning to anyone acting against Russia - possibly in America - to !!!!!! because otherwise they'll be next. Like you say Russia can despatch people much more quietly than that without using something that can be traced to them directly.

Although I believe there are lurkers who have mother in law issues and might take a lively interest, I commend the Cludeo classics eg the candlestick in the library which happens to be soundly in keeping with Prepping ethos.

Hello...... :rotfl:

Sorry about buggalugs
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hugs for Bob.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's trying to snow here.

Just a bit blowing in the wind right now, but they were predicting very bad weather over the weekend.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,914 Forumite
    Options
    Snowing heavily here, blowing around and settling. I'm putting off the dog walk for a while.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about Buggalugs, Bob - yes, its a good age for a cat, but its still a loss.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    Bob

I am so sorry about Buggalugs and it must be difficult not to hope she will just wander in wanting her dinner.

It has tried to snow here but not settled so I popped out quickly for some bread, cheese, eggs and potatoes. Youngest dd and older dd and sil are coming over at some point for a meal and staying over so I wanted to make sure I had the ingredients for a big lasagne and a choice of breakfast tomorrow. Not sure if they are staying for a bite of lunch so got pork chops and marinated chicken as they can be cooked quickly with wedges, mash and veg.

House has wet washing hanging round as the tumble drier will not be fixed till Monday so want to do a quick tidy and make a start on the bolognese.

So glad I have prepped and there is food in the freezer and cupboards so that I don't have to go out in bad weather unless I choose and can usually cobble something together.
  • Puffinbertha
    Options
    So sorry Bob.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills