PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Well a lot depends on where this article originated doesn't it. But I do absolutely believe that the UK isn't as lily white as we pretend to be. Interesting times jk0!
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2018 at 2:23PM
    Options
    jk0 wrote: »
    Afternoon all. Anyone see this on Zerohedge?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-15/uk-manufacturing-its-nerve-agent-case-action-russia

I can't believe the mainstream media are being so gullible about this.
    Not holding my breath for any verifiable facts either way. The fact that this was originally manufactured by Russia or that they once had (supposedly destroyed) stocks is not actually proof. At least two countries have a small supply (for research) including ourselves. Imo the balance of probability is that it was Russia but it may well not have been. You can't normally convict someone of a crime on the basis of 'most likely it was them' - at least I don't think so ;)
    Getting my eye injury looked at this afternoon - and by a real person not a telephone!
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't know, but I can't help suspecting that if the Russian govt. had set out to eliminate someone, they'd have done it a darn sight more efficiently & with less potential collateral damage; no-one would ever have known it was an assassination except those who need to know, or at whom any implied message was aimed. My money would be on some kind of personal revenge; current thinking seems to be that it was carried in the daughter's suitcase, which could have been opened by a customs officer, for example.
    Angie - GC April 24 £532.07/£480 - oops: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jk0 wrote: »
    I wonder if the daughter was so enraged with hatred for Putin, that she decided to kill her dad with Russian poison in the hope that Putin would get the blame?

Where would any ordinary person get their hands on the poison that was used?
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    Where would any ordinary person get their hands on the poison that was used?

Oh, the UK secret service? Maybe they told her it would just make him ill for a few weeks?
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I agree thriftwizard, if the Russian govt had done it then it would have neater, tidier and below the radar. Remember Litvinenko, nobody knew he'd been poisoned until he was dying.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    at work, we do usually have taps of the stuff & even chemical plants usually have tanks of whatever goo isn't going to upset the chemical spilt

We have emergency showers in our chemical areas, and eye wash units everywhere else.

We also have a defibrillator.
    As for hair in the bath, might Buggalugs be trialling a new technique in sous vide pest control?

I'm pretty sure that Buggalugs is no more.

She's been gone nearly 8 weeks, so I'm no longer awaiting her return.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh Bob, I'm so sorry to hear that :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    She was nearly 19 years-old (about 96 in human years), which is a good age for a cat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure