We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Make £10 a day July 2016 Challenge

Options

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well done on Prolific too. for once I have been letting my money build up in there instead of cashing out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 10 July 2016 at 4:42PM
    Options
    Thanks, Aesop:T. I don't find the early start too bad as I'm a very early riser anyway (although not as early as 4.30 as a rule:rotfl:) but I hate unloading the car and setting up, plus packing up afterwards. Once I'm up and running I could stand/sit there all day chatting to the buyers or watching the world go by:rotfl:

Sounds like a very productive time for you, decluttering etc:T. I find the worst part is deciding what to keep/chuck out but otherwise it's very therapeutic getting rid of stuff and making some space. You've made me realise I need to follow your example. The stuff I'm selling has been hidden from view in the shed or loft but I've drawers and cupboards crammed with mostly outdated paperwork. I came across a box of old manuals and instructions for appliances and things we've had that bit the dust decades ago. Someone told me they sometimes do well on eBay so, being me, I hung onto them until I can get round to checking and listing. Pigs might fly sooner:o

What are you planning to do for childcare for DS during the school holidays? I remember last year you spent most of the time with him doing all sorts of fun things:A
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just had the confirmation from Prolific that the £23.20 that I claimed has been paid into my Paypal account. I transferred it straight to my current account which showed up in there instantly. Can't believe such efficiency for a Sunday evening as Nationwide don't always seem to update their online banking system in 'real time' especially at weekends :(.I only requested payment frpm Prolific yesterday morning and it's already reached me:T:T:T. What brilliant service, Prolific put all the other survey companies to shame.

Thanks a million, Aesop, for telling us about it:A
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Well done Aesop on all the decluttering on-going :T
    and CBC for your PA and car-boot :T - shame about the weather though.

Great to see you back Procrastinator :hello:

Well - what a sporting feast of a day eh :D
    First ......Lewis Hamilton :T
    Then......Andy Murray :T
    Then......Heather Watson and partner :T

Now watching extra time in the Europa final - enjoyed the game, sorry for Renaldo though.

Now we have the Davis Cup coming up this weekend :j
    And must not forget 5th August is the start of the wonderful Olympics :T

I have actually managed to make some money today - so £9.15 to add from surveys and regular scans.

Hope you all have a money-making Monday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Procrastinater
    Options
    Nice to see you again, Procrastinater:). Welcome back:beer:

Well done on selling the 'biggie:T. I'm sure we're all intrigued to know what it was;)

Good luck with the lodger conversation. However hard up I was (can it be much worse than how it is now?:o) I don't think I'd want to share my home with a lodger though:(

It was a motor boat on a decent trailer - no need for it now the kids have left home. I actually got pretty much the same as I paid for it !

A bit sad really, but the space and the cash are both welcome !

Yes I understand the "lodger" reticence - same as OH - but You are allowed about £90 a week tax free income from a rented room, which pays for a lot of the "Fixed costs" of living. - the effort / time is minimal and you can still do all the other "money making" as normal. - So it's just plain old "Win- win" - but although tax free, it would upset most "Benefits".

Thanks all for the welcome :cool:
  • hermionesaver
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing well this month :)

My earnings have slowed down a bit. Did make £7.87 on my ebay listing yesterday though so need to get that in the post today. I have loads I could put on there so need to get my finger out. Also want to do a car boot soon, hopefully on Sunday if my DH is back from his work trip by then!

Should have enough to cash out £10 of my panel base acc in a couple of days and a bit from secret shopping should be clearing soon too.

My DD has now finished pre-school for the summer though so will probably be spending more now!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just checked my bank account online and £4.94 from an Amazon book sale has credited:j. Not a massive amount but all profit as I was given the book one birthday and I used the last of my 'free' stamps from postal surveys to send it. I'm really going to miss the 'free' stamps now I've been removed from the survey panel:mad:

Let's have a good moneymaking week, everyone:beer:. Commiserations to all who have children starting the school holidays as I know what a time-consuming and expensive time it can be;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 11 July 2016 at 11:11AM
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    Well - what a sporting feast of a day eh :D
    First ......Lewis Hamilton :T
    Then......Andy Murray :T
    Then......Heather Watson and partner :T

Now watching extra time in the Europa final - enjoyed the game, sorry for Renaldo though.

Hope you all have a money-making Monday
    Lx

I agree with you, Lynne:T. I'm a massive sports fan too (well not all sports but definitely all the ones that we were treated to yesterday).

It was nice that we could watch them all live pretty much entirely without having to be forever clicking between one or the other. The timing was brilliant for a change, I hate watching reruns after the event. All I missed was some of the first set of the tennis as seeing Lewis win at Silverstone was more important to me:j. I switched over to the tennis as soon as the trophies had been presented and watched the F1 interviews on the highlights prog later.

I didn't have a particular favourite in the football but I suppose if I had to choose it would have been France, mainly for them having staged a great tournament in the aftermath of the terrorist events which must have been an organisational nightmare for the French. It would have been a great boost if the home team had won. In the end I was very happy for Portugal, largely because of the way it meant so much to Ronaldo. Even after having to limp off he was so involved and encouraging to everyone. I used to think he was a bit of a prima donna but have seen him in a new light now:)
  • Sadmonkey
    Sadmonkey Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Another £130 today, selling bits and bobs on Facebook, which takes me up to my monthly total. Suspect I need to up my target for this month!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts.
    Debt £58,000 @1/6/16 Debt free April 2020
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Earned a £5 amazon voucher through Shopprize, but I am having trouble converting it due to technical issues. I hope I get it soon.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family