We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Make £10 a day July 2016 Challenge

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm disappearing for a week or so. Friends here this weekend and away next week to the land of nointernettyness.

Have a lovely time, Sugarplum, and come back reinvigorated for a real blast at the moneymaking:beer:
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sorry not been around. in laws gone house back to normal. hubby tackling garden and found we have rats. what did he expect? it was a jungle out there.

also have a sleep problem where am falling asleep if sitting still for too long so waking up at 1.30am asleep sitting upright on sofa. not good for ms reports. might have to do fewer jobs until can sort myself out.

fairy clicks always disappears off forums but can be found active on her blogs and facebook.

lex bubbles I don't know about. does she have a diary?
  • beach-holiday
    Options
    Update for the last few days...

£1.20 from surveys and £4 voucher used in T3sc0 yesterday. Just discovered some out-of-date vouchers for M0rrisns :(

Totals so far: £32.96/£100

b-h
    PAYDBX 2019 - #166 - £395 / £5,683
  • Aesop
    Options
    Update for the last few days...

£1.20 from surveys and £4 voucher used in T3sc0 yesterday. Just discovered some out-of-date vouchers for M0rrisns :(

Totals so far: £32.96/£100

b-h

I had £50 worth of garden vouchers. can I find them? can I heck and expired end of june
  • angelicious
    angelicious Posts: 226 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bit more to add from overtime £72 in overtime, getting there slowly but surely :beer:
    Save £12k in 2024 - £0/25,000
  • Procrastinater
    Options
    Hi folks, been a while since I posted but not much to say really. Sales slow until a few days ago when I sold my biggie - so that's the backlog taken care of for April May & June !

Still slow, but I've sold about £10 in two lots in the last couple of days to start July.

I have been poppping in and reading occasionally, so I hope those with problems get solutions soon and congrtats to those doing well :o)

I'm thinking I need another source of income although I've cut a lot of wood and brewed a lot of alcohol for the leaner and colder times.

Maybe time to raise the "lodger" subject again with OH ? :o(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nice to see you again, Procrastinater:). Welcome back:beer:

Well done on selling the 'biggie:T. I'm sure we're all intrigued to know what it was;)

Good luck with the lodger conversation. However hard up I was (can it be much worse than how it is now?:o) I don't think I'd want to share my home with a lodger though:(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 10 July 2016 at 12:52PM
    Options
    Bit the bullet and did a car boot sale this morning. Weather looked very unpromising as I was setting up at 5.30:eek: but it stayed fine until nearly 10.30 when the heavens opened:mad:. Everyone went scurrying for shelter and most of the sellers started hurriedly packing up and going home so I did the same. Glad I did as it's still raining about 2 hours later now I'm safely home again.

I was selling absolute tat today, really scraping the barrel (and back of the sheds) now for stuff that anyone might conceivably buy:o. Made £43.20 after fees although spent £2 of that on a big punnet of homegrown strawberries from the next stall.

Have redeemed a £23.20 payout from Prolific. Might get it tomorrow, they are really fast payers:j, but not adding it to my total yet. I don't know about anyone else but I've had more success being eligible for surveys this past couple of weeks than ever before. Seems to be something for me most days which, for me, is unprecedented:). I used to always be ineligible or too late until recently.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thats great carbootcrazy! £45.20 for tat is not to be sniffed at!

I have lots of tat in the attic and really need to make an effort to get it down for a carboot sale of which there are lots around me.

Its such an effort though as the gap to get into the loft isnt the easiest to navigate. I quite enjoy doing the carboot itself its just getting the stuff there in the first place.

Not much to report for me, not even any tips as had fri , sat and sun off. £5 swagbucks to add with hopefully another in a couple of days. :D
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Aesop
    Options
    been having a massive declutter.

bought a shredder and DS has been shredding all my old paperwork. luckily bin men coming tomorrow and will take away our shredding!!!

so 2 drawers under my bed are now clear. I have only put back baby stuff and photos and some stationery. the other drawer will contain xmas pressies so I know where they all are.

got to tackle my wardrobe next but already starting to feel less cluttered, more organised.

found some bits for charity shop and some some for ebay.

I really must relist and list items on there. running out if money and holidays starting Friday. owed ms money but can never rely in that as they all pay different times

realised I am paying out loads for DS to go after school club one day a week and breakfast club 3 mornings plus lunches. and work have changed my days. do that is going to be scrapped from September except hot lunches as he eats them.

I have an app installed which is making me £1 every other week paid into paypal. not sure if android only but it all helps.

also there is another receipt app where you enter a daily spins competition and upload certain receipts from stores.

haven't really looked into that one properly.

will post info later.

well done carbootcrazy that is something for making the effort to do a carboot. shame rain stopped play.

I have some coins I was going to send to cash for coins but have found they only accept over 5kg so will need to find another site to cash in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure