Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Haventgotaclue
    Options
    In currently on 60% off boxsets and cinema for 12 months, coming to an end on 3rd Oct. I've already given my notice to leave.

So far I've been offered 50% off, with some trying to convince me to lower my package to reduce the price, or, SkyQ with multiscreen, same package, no upfront fees/installation with 25% discount for 12 months on an 18 months contract. I think that works out around £49 a month. I am interested in SkyQ but I don't want multiscreen. Think I'll hold out for 60% off (hopefully) on my Sky+HD.
  • irishdonkeys
    Options
    Just rang sky to cancel/look at what they could offer me. Was on the £30 a month full tv package o mse deal last year. Happy to take off sky sports but want to keep movies and hd. Offered £33.60 a month with hd or £30 a month without hd, but on an 18mth contract. I tried to argue I didnt want a new contract or at the least not one that long especially as no new box and less channels. Advice on what to say/do next. Thank you
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Just rang sky to cancel/look at what they could offer me. Was on the £30 a month full tv package o mse deal last year. Happy to take off sky sports but want to keep movies and hd. Offered £33.60 a month with hd or £30 a month without hd, but on an 18mth contract. I tried to argue I didnt want a new contract or at the least not one that long especially as no new box and less channels. Advice on what to say/do next. Thank you

Did you actually cancel ? If not, ring them back to the cancel. You will then start to get offers of at least 50% off. Try sky online chat and with luck you will get an Indian agent. They tend to give good deals.

HTHs.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Is that for the Original TV package since HD is listed separate?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is that for the Original TV package since HD is listed separate?

HD paid for channels come with Boxed sets , but HD for Sports is an extra.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    HD paid for channels come with Boxed sets , but HD for Sports is an extra.

Yes, I knew that (having Boxsets myself) but @irishdonkeys said they were dropping Sky Sports but were offered 2 prices with and without HD which I've seen before and never quite understood.
  • moneysense123
    Options
    We have also received the letter today to advise that they are extending our current deal for a further 12 months which is great. However, we are moving in a few weeks. Has anyone moved with a deal remaining the same? How did you manage it thanks :)
  • hpmann
    hpmann Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry can't help with specifics.

But I got a similar letter a couple of days ago and haven't got around to phoning Sky and asking what it means yet. Currently on 60% off the whole tv package paying £32/month. I'd be happy with that for another 12 months with no tie-in.

I’ve just received a letter from Sky and it says “we’ve extended your offers for 12 months with no new contract” - so that’s another 12 months paying £20.89 for the full package !!! :beer:
  • smallblueplanet
    Options
    hpmann wrote: »
    I’ve just received a letter from Sky and it says “we’ve extended your offers for 12 months with no new contract” - so that’s another 12 months paying £20.89 for the full package !!! :beer:
    You on 75% off? We're in the countryside so I can't threaten to go elsewhere - no fibre/poor download speeds. How do you get such a good deal?
  • daverave
    Options
    My Sky has been cut off for 3 weeks now. Had a missed call from them today so went onto live chat to see what they would offer. My previous package was boxsets and cinema. Initial offer was 25% off for 12 months but no offer on multiscreen as the advisor said this wasn't available. He said he would increase the offer to 40% to compensate for this. I declined and he then offered 50% off which I also declined. Then he said I could take the 50% offer without any multiscreen or cinema, with no contract and a £25 account credit. I declined that offer as well. I shall just stick to my 2 months free cinema pass and 33% off entertainment pass for 4 months with Now TV for the time being.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback