Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    johnwb89 wrote: »
    Managed to get Sky+ with HD Sports & Box sets for £32.20 a month & £25 credit (60% discount - currently on 67% but it seems those days are long gone!)

Is this a good deal? Need to add internet on too though.

Yes 60% at the moment is good and be sure to haggle the internet too.
  • I doubt they will match Vodafone prices for broadband but you can always try. I get the impression that Sky Q hasn't been as successful as they hoped with the likes of Amazon and Netflix their competition has very much grown.
  • johnwb89
    Options
    The best they've offered is £35 for current package or £47 for HD and box sets
  • JPAngel
    Options
    My Sky was cut off 5 Sept -been with them 15 years, last 5 years on discounted deals (60% off last year).
    Cancelled and did not receive one call or email during cancellation period (Offered 30% off through MySky app and through TV account.) Day after contract ended joined BT TV Ultra with special discount and joined NOW TV 6 mths entertainment and sky movies for bargain amount. Now get everything we need apart from Sky Sports and £25 a month better off! Surprise, surprise several days ago received an email offering 60% off - too little TOO LATE. Have we missed Sky? NO. The only deal I would consider now to go back is 75% off entire bundle and a credit to the account to cover the new costs that I have incurred.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    We can all dream.:D
  • johnwb89
    Options
    Sky are SUCH a pain in that once you cancel - they won't give you a deal for your entire package unless you active it again - thus leaving you open to a mess as you need to cancel again. it's such a tiring system. They invent discounts too. I accepted 60% in order to see what broadband deals I could get. I do that and it's £15pm which Is okay but I don't think it's good enough. So I cancel & now to see if it's the same - I have to !!!!ing re-activate it.
  • cjp2k
    cjp2k Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I re contracted my Fibre and Phone back in January, was told no massive discounts, rang up last month as was sick of paying line rental, eventually got offered free line rental for 12 months and the continuation of my £12.50 fibre unlimited.

I had the issue that my discounted fibre ends in January and my free line rental in September, so rang back today and they extended the fibre discount for 12 months so it all expires together

So now paying £67.50 per month for
    Sky Q 2TB
    2nd Box Multiroom
    Full Pack including Sports (HD) and Movies
    Fibre (40mb) unlimited
    Line Rental

Moral is...even if your in contract ring and moan you may get a discount!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I sent a written complaint 14 days ago to Edinburgh and still haven't received a reply in any form (they had full contact details) so I'd say no. I don't know if this Sky Sports !!!!-up they've managed to do is keeping them busy but they seem extremely difficult to get hold of at the moment.

I had a missed call (of course it was missed :( ) and a message left today regarding my letter, it only took them 4 weeks to reply :j
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    I had a missed call (of course it was missed :( ) and a message left today regarding my letter, it only took them 4 weeks to reply :j

Should have emailed Jeremy Darroch !
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why would I email the CEO of a company about a small account issue? Wouldn't that be childish?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback