Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 June 2019 at 11:31AM
    Options

He is not allowed any mobile devices where he works in the secure area as they are all locked away untill after their shift has finished. He thought it maybe possible to use the works pc's to do a live chat.

That link above doesn't seem to work as it comes up with page not found. He said he tried the online chat for cancellation but when it got to meesnger it came back as he already in his cancellation notice and he has to call a 0330 number of which he is unable to.

Thanks for your help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Boohoo wrote: »
    He is not allowed any mobile devices where he works in the secure area as they are all locked away untill after their shift has finished. He thought it maybe possible to use the works pc's to do a live chat.

That link above doesn't seem to work as it comes up with page not found. He said he tried the online chat for cancellation but when it got to meesnger it came back as he already in his cancellation notice and he has to call a 0330 number of which he is unable to.

Thanks for your help.

Has he checked out the My Sky offers online?
  • mouse10
    mouse10 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They keep sending me 'come back' emails.
    £28 for ent & sports.
    £5 Movies
    £1ea HD, kids and box sets.
    12 month contract.
    I'm quite happy Sky free. Plenty of other ways to watch what they provide at a fraction of the price.
  • Boohoo
    Options
    Has he checked out the My Sky offers online?

Yes he has.

I was at his house last night and on his my sky offers it said £13 Entertainment and £3.50 for HD, Box sets and Kids.

On sorry you are leaving or something like that it was £15, £22 for sports and cinema and £1 for add ons. Entertainment was for 12 months and the rest 1 month rolling.

He has multscreen and there was no mention of that and he did not want to click on anything incase that started a new contract as he wanted the same packs as he has now.

The my sky offer was just for entertainment where you had to click and then add packs but you had to log in to carry on.

I ahve told him if he cant chat to them and it goes off don't tell the wife untill they get home as it could a very long 2 weeks of not talking.
  • B3ximus
    B3ximus Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Before I go through the cancellation page to get to Live Chat, this doesn't actually commit me to cancelling does it? I'm not able to speak to someone over the phone for a while, and I just want to talk to them about downgrading, not actually cancelling.
  • Boohoo
    Options
    B3ximus wrote: »
    Before I go through the cancellation page to get to Live Chat, this doesn't actually commit me to cancelling does it? I'm not able to speak to someone over the phone for a while, and I just want to talk to them about downgrading, not actually cancelling.

No.

If you just want to downgrade there is somewhere on Sky site that lets you do that but i have never done that.

As for wanting to downgrade you could try and do a live chat as they may reduce it or offer you a deal but look out for how many months contract it is and it maybe 12 months discount on a 18 month deal. Going through live chat to downgrade might not invole a new contract but just check incase.
  • B3ximus
    B3ximus Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I am interested in the downgrade option. I want to press it, but as I have no idea of what happens afterwards, I'm a bit scared to do so.
  • Boohoo
    Options
    B3ximus wrote: »
    I am interested in the downgrade option. I want to press it, but as I have no idea of what happens afterwards, I'm a bit scared to do so.

I would of thought it would give you the option of what you want to downgrade and then you woill have to click a button on the screen to confirm the action.

It may before you get to that option ask why you want to downgrade and give you a discount to carry on with that service but if it does read the T&C's before you confirm anything as you know this is Sky we are dealing with.
  • carnaldave
    carnaldave Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all.

Wondering if anyone has managed to get the full package (ent, cin,sports,HD,box and kids) on Sky+ for less than £40 and superfast BB less than £27?

Have already cancelled and have an offer to get it in online account for £40 but on live chat several different times, have yet to be offered it for less than £46. And best bb that they have tried to sweeten it with is £27?

Starting to think that £40 is the best I'm going to get if I take the account offer, unless anyone has done better?
  • jonnypb
    jonnypb Posts: 325 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 June 2019 at 7:24PM
    Options
    carnaldave wrote: »
    Hi all.

Wondering if anyone has managed to get the full package (ent, cin,sports,HD,box and kids) on Sky+ for less than £40 and superfast BB less than £27?

Have already cancelled and have an offer to get it in online account for £40 but on live chat several different times, have yet to be offered it for less than £46. And best bb that they have tried to sweeten it with is £27?

Starting to think that £40 is the best I'm going to get if I take the account offer, unless anyone has done better?

I cancelled nearly 2 weeks ago and best I've had from online chat or ringing up for the TV is £42 on an 18 month deal for the following - was paying £36 previously. It's not Sky Q as I'm not interested in that at the minute.

Sky Entertainment £20
    Sky Box Sets £1
    Sky Kids £1
    Sky Sports HD - Complete Pack £19
    Sky HD £1

Not had any offers in my account yet. If you've been offered everything for £40 including cinema then I'd be tempted to just take that.

Got Sky Fibre max unlimited for £25, so £67 all in if I go for the TV.

EDIT

Just checked my sky deals again and I've this offer...

Your order
    Sky Entertainment
    [STRIKE]£22[/STRIKE]£15
    Sky Sports
    [STRIKE]£30[/STRIKE]£17
    Kids
    [STRIKE]£5[/STRIKE]£1
    Box Sets
    [STRIKE]£5[/STRIKE]£1
    HD
    [STRIKE]£5[/STRIKE]£1
    Total monthly cost