Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• stephenliverpool1
    Options
    I thought it was a bad idea to cancel broadband/phone?

You are correct. Try to find another supplier. I suggest TalkTalk as your first point of contact.

Then speak to Sky to see if they can match TallTalk. They probably will.

I tried this tactic a few months ago. I now pay £9.99 per month for line rental, unlimited b/band and anytime calls.

If you decide to move to another supplier, get them to arrange everything; including the cancellation with sky.

If you just cancel with sky, you will lose everything within 2 weeks.
  • geordiepaul2001
    Options
    My Sky is due to be turned off tomorrow - I have TV + multi room with them.
    So far I have a 60% off offer through my Sky box, the phone calls have stopped, and I cannot access the offers page of My Sky via the website.
    I have just tried to go on live chat and it says that I need to call as my cancellation has already been processed.

I believe I need to pay around £40 to cancel my multiroom early.

What do you guys think, take the 60% or hold out until it's cancelled?
    June 2016 - Pair of Brooks Glycerin 14's
    July 2016 - Annual family pass to English Heritage
    August 2016 - overnight spa break with dinner and breakfast for two
    September - BBQ toolbox
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,991 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 January 2017 at 11:26AM
    Options
    teddysmum I tried toget cheaper line rental plus BB but that came to just £2 less than the £22.40 all in I now have. Worth the extra £2 to me as I found the Humax box a bit of a pain to use. I couldn't set it to record something that had already started for example, plus you have to press too many buttone in the right order to get anywhere.
    Plus I think those offers are for new customers.
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    You are correct. Try to find another supplier. I suggest TalkTalk as your first point of contact.

I tried this tactic a few months ago. I now pay £9.99 per month for line rental, unlimited b/band and anytime calls.

If you decide to move to another supplier, get them to arrange everything; including the cancellation with sky.

I'm paying double this, 20 quid a month in fact as a new Sky customer, and its cheaper than BT, PlusNet and TalkTalk - PlusNet offered approx. £21.50 pm for your deal to keep my account - hope Sky are as accommodating to me next January?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Please can I ask what package you arranged for £18.30? Just curious as I've turned down a couple of offers with them tonight and cancelled my broadband/phone. Going to contact them tomorrow to see if they can improve the offers, so would be good to know what they're offering people.

I hope you ordered a migration and didn't just cancel.
  • teddysmum
    edited 10 January 2017 at 4:20PM
    Options

Beyond free ADSL, Sky stopped good offers. ( I tried to haggle a month after you got your good one and that's the best I could get). They even went down to charging for broadband, at the time of the combined price fiasco, when there were scarcely any newcomer offers anywhere, but appear to be mellowing, now.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    My Sky is due to be turned off tomorrow - I have TV + multi room with them.
    So far I have a 60% off offer through my Sky box, the phone calls have stopped, and I cannot access the offers page of My Sky via the website.
    I have just tried to go on live chat and it says that I need to call as my cancellation has already been processed.

I believe I need to pay around £40 to cancel my multiroom early.

What do you guys think, take the 60% or hold out until it's cancelled?

I found that online offers disappeared (though there was the original 50% for 10 months offer still on the tv ) during cancellation, but afterwards the 'left within 12 months ' link reappeared and that's where the good offer was. (75% off and £100 credit, but the offer was due to end in December, so may no longer apply).
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    I really don't know why people get so concerned about cancelling broadband/phone. It's only a risk if you actually intend to let the cancellation go through. I've just cancelled my cancellation and been given free line rental. This is the 3rd year I've had free line rental using the same tactic. Now to decide if I want to upgrade to unlimited fibre (plus new Sky Q hub), as free line rental is transferable.

so my current package deal is:
    Box sets, cinema, sports, HD pack = £20pm
    Unlimited broadband, line rental = £7.50pm
    Total= £27.50pm

Or if I decide to take unlimited fibre and a new Sky Q hub my monthly total will be £40pm. Also I was given £100 credit as part of my tv deal, so i'm pretty pleased with this years negotiations.
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    Just in case anyone is interested in the current broadband deals without cancelling. I was offered half price line rental, plus £7.50 off broadband.
    So basically £8.70pm for unlimited broadband or £21.20pm for unlimited fibre. Both on a 12 month contract.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Liberty1577 That's a good deal overall but you haven't got free line rental as the standard price is £17.40 for unlimited ADSL which is the price of the line rental alone, the BB is free for all. I'm not quite sure your math is correct in the 2nd post either.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback