Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• OldDIYer
    OldDIYer Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need an afternoon free for this!
  • OldDIYer
    OldDIYer Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Entertainment £20 (£25)
    Box Sets £1 (£5)
    Kids £1 (£5)
    Sports £15 (£28)
    Cinema £8 (£10)
    Sports HD £2 (£6)
    Sky HD £1 (£5)
    Total £48 (£84)

So, not a straight % off each item (only 20% off Entertainment, but 80% off the two cheap ones - Box Sets/Kids) and 43% overall. Was paying £43, so I'm paying more than last year, but not too bad. 18 month contract. Multiroom £12, not discounted.

Used live chat. First attempt useless - kept asking questions about what we watch - second attempt got through to retentions and much better. So, just ask for retentions.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OldDIYer wrote: »
    Entertainment £20 (£25)
    Box Sets £1 (£5)
    Kids £1 (£5)
    Sports £15 (£28)
    Cinema £8 (£10)
    Sports HD £2 (£6)
    Sky HD £1 (£5)
    Total £48 (£84)

So, not a straight % off each item (only 20% off Entertainment, but 80% off the two cheap ones - Box Sets/Kids) and 43% overall. Was paying £43, so I'm paying more than last year, but not too bad. 18 month contract. Multiroom £12, not discounted.

Used live chat. First attempt useless - kept asking questions about what we watch - second attempt got through to retentions and much better. So, just ask for retentions.

That's not a bad deal but Entertainment on a contract is £20 according to Sky themselves but they like to pretend you're getting a discount on it. The £25 is for rolling monthly customers.

Anon wrote: »
    Come back to Sky TV with new Sky Entertainment from just £11 a month for 12 months with this exclusive offer and save £9 a month.
  • littlemissbossy
    Options
    Hi

I cancelled my Sky TV on 14.03.18.

I received an offer letter yesterday.

I've just called them and this is my deal:

Entertainment Pack 13.00
    Sports Complete Pack 13.00
    Sport HD 4.00
    Sky HD 1.00
    Cinema 10.00
    Multiscreen 12.00
    = 53.00 in a 12 month contract.

HTH
    Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.
  • blackfritz
    blackfritz Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Bit the bullet and stayed with Sky - despite trying several times my £32 always was going up to £49 a month, just slightly different ways they got to the £49 each time.
    Accepted -
    Entertainment £13
    Full Sports £16.50
    Kids £3
    Box Sets £3

Total £35.50 on 12 month contract.

OK have lost Movies, which we don't really watch anyway, and HD from both sports and general, but can live with this - only way of getting anywhere near the £32 I pay at present.
  • sshariff
    sshariff Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Went on chat yesterday for the fiber unlimited broadband deal. After some time got offered the following :

Fiber unlimited (18 months) £9
    Line rental (12 months is the max they can apply) £9
    So total £18 a month for the next 12 months and after that the line rental goes to full price for the final 6 months of the contract. But he did put a note on the system for his colleagues to revisit the line rental discount after the 12 month period is over.

For TV I got:
    Entertainment £15
    HD pack £3
    Sky Q multi room £12 (no discount on this)

I am sure if I would have waited for my final 7 days of notice I could have got the entertainment pack at £11/13.
  • Len_Beach
    Len_Beach Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do Sky not have a record of the emails they send their customers? I ask as I received an email a couple of weeks ago offering broadband and line rental for £16 for 12 months. It!!!8217;s not as good an offer as some on here but better than I was offered on live chat.

I accepted and the confirmation message stated this could take 2 weeks to apply to my account. When the confirmation email arrived, the title quoted £16 but the body of th email quoted £18. I had to send various screen shots to confirm the price to Sky.

Surely they should have a record? If not, a screen shot of anyone!!!8217;s offers could be used to confirm prices?
  • tay14
    tay14 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Just cancelled my full sky tv package. Didn!!!8217;t offer much to stay ,so time to hold my nerve for a better offer.
  • frugal_dougal
    Options
    I've just cancelled mine...in the hope I'll get a better deal.

I was offered £22 for entertainment, box sets and HD

box sets and HD were £1 each

oh and cinema for £8 if I wanted.

The next day I did it on chat and it went up to £26 PLUS an admin fee of £10!

Held my nerve and cancelled but can I cancel my cancellation?!
  • NeillB
    NeillB Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cancelled 2 weeks ago. Checked my online account and have been offered entertaiment for £15 and boxsets for £3.50. Think i will be pushing for the £13 for entertainment that other posters on here have mentioned. Can live without boxsets.

Just a quick question are news and documentaries included under entertainment package?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback