Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• spiritus
    spiritus Posts: 684 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You know, I really have no sympathy for Sky. If they would be consistent with their offers then this thread would probably be two pages long. Instead, they offer different prices to customers who have exactly the same loyalty profile !
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 702 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    spiritus wrote: »
    You know, I really have no sympathy for Sky. If they would be consistent with their offers then this thread would probably be two pages long. Instead, they offer different prices to customers who have exactly the same loyalty profile !

Indeed, very frustrating and always has been. That said it seems way harder now to get a decent deal and although this rebrand of packages keeps the price lower overall, I'm sure prices will rise again later in the year.
  • warmasice
    warmasice Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 March 2018 at 8:38PM
    Options
    robrymond wrote: »
    I just managed £18 for Fibre Unlimited and Line Rental for the next 12 months. Happy with that. Last night they told me £28 only and no discounts any more on line rental.

Spoken to the Indian online center today and they applied the discounts. Originally £20 but pushed further as pay £19.50 currently and Vodafone have the £21 deal.

Hi,
    Which number did you call? Or did you receive a call from their retentions team on 0800 759 0420. I've had a few missed calls from that number over the last few days but when I call back it's an automated call.

I went onto online chat and they can't even match my existing 50% offer which I find strange.

Edit: Just used this link (https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/ineligible) and got straight through to the win-back team. To be honest the best they could do was offer me fibre for £25 and waive the £50 activation fee for another 18 month contract. Still can't match my 50% off on the TV. Sky are really tightening up on their offers now.
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 702 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    warmasice wrote: »
    Hi,
    Which number did you call? Or did you receive a call from their retentions team on 0800 759 0420. I've had a few missed calls from that number over the last few days but when I call back it's an automated call.

I went onto online chat and they can't even match my existing 50% offer which I find strange.

Edit: Just used this link (https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/ineligible) and got straight through to the win-back team. To be honest the best they could do was offer me fibre for £25 and waive the £50 activation fee for another 18 month contract. Still can't match my 50% off on the TV. Sky are really tightening up on their offers now.

Try this link:

https://advisor.sky.com/chat-window.html?category=SAL_WB_BB&pageId=743929f2-a4c1-4b14-902a-fe04d2c10b3c&sitecatAccounts%5B0%5D=bskybdtmskycomprod&sitecatAccounts%5B1%5D=bskybmyskyhomeprod&sitecatAccounts%5B2%5D=bskybmyskyprod&sitecatAccounts%5B3%5D=bskybnetworkglobal&sitecatAccounts%5B4%5D=bskybeexperienceglobal
  • sacm54
    Options
    I love Sky,

I have managed to get a fantastic deal. 60% off Boxsets, Free Line Rental and £7 off broadband. This means my total bill is £19.81 for everything. I managed to get this in two parts by cancelling a month before my previous deal ended and holding on until a couple of days before it took affect then I spoke to the retention team. That gave my the 60% off and the free line rental (they offered me a choice of free line rental or free broadband and line rental is considerably more expensive). Then after moving I called them yesterday as the line rental deal had mysteriously disappeared (due to the address change) and they then offered me an additional £7 a month off my broadband.

I will have to renegotiate in August but I am quite pleased.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sacm54 wrote: »
    I love Sky,

I have managed to get a fantastic deal. 60% off Boxsets, Free Line Rental and £7 off broadband. This means my total bill is £19.81 for everything. I managed to get this in two parts by cancelling a month before my previous deal ended and holding on until a couple of days before it took affect then I spoke to the retention team. That gave my the 60% off and the free line rental (they offered me a choice of free line rental or free broadband and line rental is considerably more expensive). Then after moving I called them yesterday as the line rental deal had mysteriously disappeared (due to the address change) and they then offered me an additional £7 a month off my broadband.

I will have to renegotiate in August but I am quite pleased.

Why will you have to to renegotiate 5 months down the line?
  • sacm54
    Options
    Because my original deal was in September so the TV offer runs out this September. For some reason they extended the free line rental until november and I will have to redo the broadband next march. Maybe I will try to get them to do it all in September just to have all the deals running at the same time.
  • Griffin78
    Griffin78 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just went through and cancelled my subscription which is currently;
    Variety Bundle
    Movies & Sports
    BB Unlimited
    Line rental

With increases about to come in April it was coming in at just over £100 pm

Retentions offered me the following;
    Entertainment Bundle £25
    Movies & Sports - £30 (20 sports, 10 cinema)
    Fibre unlimited - £25
    new router

So a new price of £80 pm for 18 months compared to £101.50 now. I said no thanks and went ahead with cancellation.
    I'm expecting at least one better offer in the next 31 days.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The reply to Sky staff's question, 'What will you do without Sky?', should be, 'What will Sky do without all those people leaving,because of poor deals and finding they actually don't need Sky ?'
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    I must be lucky.

My 50% off TV deal does not finish until November.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback