Forum Home» Phones & TV

Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) - Page 137

New Post Advanced Search

Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
3.7K replies 698.9K views

Replies

• edited 3 January 2018 at 3:10PM
    superleeds27superleeds27 Forumite
    19 posts
    edited 3 January 2018 at 3:10PM
    shaggy wrote: »
    definitely a rip off.

The more people that cancel the better deals that we're all likely to get ...

What is Sky Q multi screen by the way? I thought Sky Q was multi screen by default?

Just spoke to someone else on LiveChat, and the best they can offer me is £75.85 a month for 12 months, this then goes up to £95.95 after that.

Thats £10 more than what i should be paying now?

I understand your point and I have just re-checked your account and as per notes in your account, I can see you been offered the deal in £56.80 a month which is our best and last offer. And we are bound to work as per system guidelines as we do not have a control on it and system allows us to check or add deal only if it shows on your account and we can't add the deal on the basis what other customer's are getting. I completely understand your point and if I would be able to improve the offer then believe me, I would be the happiest person on earth however that's our best and last TV Offer. Even if you call or chat to other advisor then they also won't be able to provide anything more than that. We all are working here as an advisor and we are not the one who make offers, we can only check the offer which are there in your account and let you know the prices accordingly. We wish, we could make exception for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    shaggy wrote: »
    i keep trying to justify sky Q but I dont think its worth the extra, plus once they fit the different cables in for Sky Q theres no way you can go back to the old Sky+ HD , unless someone can correct me?

It's not the cables that are changed but the LNB on the end of the dish. It's easy enough to get an HD+ compatible one on Amazon or a hybrid version so that both systems are supported. The only difficulty may be reaching the dish itself.
  • m19rtsm19rts Forumite
    10 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    My SKY Q full package with additional mini box (multiscreen) deal at £42 has ended.
    I gave my notice last month and service is due to stop tomorrow.

Today I have been offered the same package (Box Sets, Movies, Sports, Sports HD & Multiscreen) for £55 per month for 12 months on a 12 month contract.
    Prior to this I was told that £63.40 was the best price that I could be offered.
    Furthermore, the agent today even stated that £55 is not low enough it might be a good idea for me to check again in a few days (i.e. after my service actually stops).
  • edited 3 January 2018 at 6:28PM
    19 posts
    edited 3 January 2018 at 6:28PM
    m19rts wrote: »
    My SKY Q full package with additional mini box (multiscreen) deal at £42 has ended.
    I gave my notice last month and service is due to stop tomorrow.

Today I have been offered the same package (Box Sets, Movies, Sports, Sports HD & Multiscreen) for £55 per month for 12 months on a 12 month contract.
    Prior to this I was told that £63.40 was the best price that I could be offered.
    Furthermore, the agent today even stated that £55 is not low enough it might be a good idea for me to check again in a few days (i.e. after my service actually stops).

£1.60 less than me, and, you get movies too! :mad:
  • edited 3 January 2018 at 6:32PM
    19 posts
    edited 3 January 2018 at 6:32PM
    I've managed to get this:

40% off the following

Box Sets Bundle @ £38.00 pm
    Sports Pack @ £27.50 pm
    Sky Sports HD Pack @ £6.00 pm

Then this on top

Sky Q Multiscreen 1 @ £12.00 pm

So the total monthly cost will be £54.90 p/m for 12 months Thereafter 83.50 per month.

With £25 credited to my account. Roughly works out at £52 a month.
  • KTFKTF Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've managed to get this:

40% off the following

Box Sets Bundle @ £38.00 pm
    Sports Pack @ £27.50 pm
    Sky Sports HD Pack @ £6.00 pm

Then this on top

Sky Q Multiscreen 1 @ £12.00 pm

So the total monthly cost will be £54.90 p/m for 12 months Thereafter 83.50 per month.

With £25 credited to my account. Roughly works out at £52 a month.
    For comparison on the 'Left sky in the last 12 months' on mysky its showing for me:

Sky Entertainment - £13 (usually £20)
    Box Sets - £3 (£5)
    HD - £3 (£5)
    Sports - £16.50 (£27.50)
    Sports HD - £4 (£6)
    Total £39.50

You may want to have a look there to see what deal is showing.
  • m19rtsm19rts Forumite
    10 posts
    KTF wrote: »
    For comparison on the 'Left sky in the last 12 months' on mysky its showing for me:

Sky Entertainment - £13 (usually £20)
    Box Sets - £3 (£5)
    HD - £3 (£5)
    Sports - £16.50 (£27.50)
    Sports HD - £4 (£6)
    Total £39.50

You may want to have a look there to see what deal is showing.

Is that for SKY HD or SKY Q?
  • KTFKTF Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sky HD as I do not have a Q box. The new packages should be available to existing customers any day now if not already.
  • m19rtsm19rts Forumite
    10 posts
    KTF wrote: »
    Sky HD as I do not have a Q box. The new packages should be available to existing customers any day now if not already.

I believe the discounts offered on SKY HD go up to 60% at the moment whereas SKY Q are around 40%
  • KTF wrote: »
    Yeah i'm on Q.

Sky account was showing 30% off.