Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    ... I've found TalkTalk to be great so would have no hesitation in recommending them.

They're all great up until something goes wrong, that's when you find out if they're any good or not (not that Virgin have a great reputation in that respect themselves).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    truescot wrote: »
    Thanks, just wish i wasn't stuck paying £44 for 50MB, talk weekends and nothing else. Not even a tv box.

You're on a rolling monthly contract are you not? You can get a faster service with anytime calls for less money from NowTV:-

Super Fibre + Free Anytime Calls for £30 a month (presuming you are within area).
  • latecomer
    latecomer Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well so long Virgin - its been...... tolerable for the most part!

After 12 years with Virgin our service got turned off today. Hopefully we can live with the Sky BB ADSL speed until we get fibre available.

Even managed to get Premier sports for £49 for the year so thats another saving too.

who knows maybe in 18 months I'll be back :)
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Options
    My Virgin package (no TV) was about to go up to £52.50 from January. I don't want to change but I had found a Plusnet deal -- 63mb and evening and weekend calls for £29.99. I called retentions. telling them that I was changing to Plusnet and asking whether I had to give notice as I was shortly out of contract. He said he would look at getting me a better deal but I told him not to bother as he wouldn't be able to get near the Plusnet price. Stunned that he came back with £27 for 50mb and weekend calls for a 1-year contract.
    Je suis sabot...
  • SNYPER_E
    Options
    Currently on Full House + 350M for £50, put in the cancellation notification today, looking to get an insane deal on the Ultimate Oomph. If not then maybe stick with what I've currently got. Let the games begin!
  • Mark2019
    Options
    Currently on £57.50 a month with TV (incl movies), broadband (220 mbps) and basic telephone (which I don't use). Called up to say I was leaving them as Sky have a deal on that offers me the same package for £57 a month and they tried to offer me different deals... all of which were £20 more expensive even with channels removed or my internet speed reduced. Naturally, I opted to cancel my contract and leave, lets see if they bother calling me back...
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Virgin have some good new customer deals at the moment - including up to £125 giftcard/£100 account credit, plus TopCashback or Quidco. Deals are on the next couple of days. It is a shame you have to be a new customer to access them.

We are going to give our notice and see what happens - just to note it seems the new packages don't include kids channels (£5 extra per month), which is annoying given the range of rubbish channels they do include (including BT Sport, which we could do without and must account for a significant chunk of the monthly fee - despite them saying it is "free" ��.).
  • mro
    mro Posts: 813 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    latecomer wrote: »
    Well so long Virgin - its been...... tolerable for the most part!

After 12 years with Virgin our service got turned off today. Hopefully we can live with the Sky BB ADSL speed until we get fibre available.

Even managed to get Premier sports for £49 for the year so thats another saving too.

who knows maybe in 18 months I'll be back :)
    What was old price & services with VM and new price & services with Sky, for how long ?
  • Garf
    Garf Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Virgin have some good new customer deals at the moment - including up to £125 giftcard/£100 account credit, plus TopCashback or Quidco. Deals are on the next couple of days. It is a shame you have to be a new customer to access them.

We are going to give our notice and see what happens - just to note it seems the new packages don't include kids channels (£5 extra per month), which is annoying given the range of rubbish channels they do include (including BT Sport, which we could do without and must account for a significant chunk of the monthly fee - despite them saying it is "free" ��.).
    I reached my 30 day notice point in my contract with Virgin Media.
    I rang and cancelled and was offered Ultimate Oomph for £99/month. No thanks!

I ordered the Ultimate Oomph package on £89/month as a new Customer in my Wifes name. Same bank account (joint) that I was using on my previous Contract with Virgin Media.
    I went via Quidco (£200) which tracked within 30 mins.
    I also qualified for the £125 Shopping Voucher.
    I set the install date the Tuesday after my disconnection date (Saturday).

Reading through a lot of comments on here and HotUKDeals, there doesn't seem to be any reward for Loyalty at Virgin Media. I used to (5 years +) get phone calls from Virgin Media telling me I was paying too much and they would offer me better deals. Shame.
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
  • verely
    verely Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi im currently on £27 100mb package which ends next month(then jumps to £47),
    i rang up fri and was offered £28.50, i said i would have a look about rang back up tues and they said £32 and that was as low as they could go today.

So i said i would like the 30 days notice which he gave without any further offers.

My question is should i just ring in a few days try again ?

or wait until i get a call with an offer ( not sure how likely that is ?)

I take it i can cancel my cancelation at any point if i decide to take an offer and stay ?

My cancelation date is the 6th feb

Cheers all
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport