Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    verely wrote: »
    Hi im currently on £27 100mb package which ends next month(then jumps to £47),
    i rang up fri and was offered £28.50, i said i would have a look about rang back up tues and they said £32 and that was as low as they could go today.

So i said i would like the 30 days notice which he gave without any further offers.

My question is should i just ring in a few days try again ?

or wait until i get a call with an offer ( not sure how likely that is ?)

I take it i can cancel my cancelation at any point if i decide to take an offer and stay ?

My cancelation date is the 6th feb

Cheers all

Yes wait until they call you back - inbound retentions do not have the best deals to offer you (outbound seem to be a different team). Yes you can cancel the cancellation within the 30 day notice period.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ive seen recently another rounds of 'free' speed upgrades are coming.
    So keep this in mind with deals
  • verely
    verely Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    many thanks :A
  • Anon
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    Ive seen recently another rounds of 'free' speed upgrades are coming.
    So keep this in mind with deals

From many years of previous experience with a Virgin Media, a price rise is due shortly afterwards then :D.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    From many years of previous experience with a Virgin Media, a price rise is due shortly afterwards then :D.
    Should make it interesting when I attempt to negotiate a new deal next month and they point out that I've just had a super speed boost. I don't think it will help my cause when I point out that I didn't ask for it, I didn't want it, and it's irrelevant as it was free.
    Still, retentions have never let me down yet, and there are plenty of deals with other providers that would suit me if VM play hardball.
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Currently on the 350mb deal with VM plus Btee and 5ky sports for £79 per month, called today to cancel and they offered £88.50. Hoping to stay at £79 (or less) and have them throw in a sim only deal as well. Waiting for the call.

If not will do separate broadband/5ky Sports/Btee sports
  • Praeceps
    Praeceps Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Garf wrote: »
    I reached my 30 day notice point in my contract with Virgin Media.
    I rang and cancelled and was offered Ultimate Oomph for £99/month. No thanks!

I ordered the Ultimate Oomph package on £89/month as a new Customer in my Wifes name. Same bank account (joint) that I was using on my previous Contract with Virgin Media.
    I went via Quidco (£200) which tracked within 30 mins.
    I also qualified for the £125 Shopping Voucher.
    I set the install date the Tuesday after my disconnection date (Saturday).

Reading through a lot of comments on here and HotUKDeals, there doesn't seem to be any reward for Loyalty at Virgin Media. I used to (5 years +) get phone calls from Virgin Media telling me I was paying too much and they would offer me better deals. Shame.

Hi when do you get the option of the install date? Do you get it after signing up? I haven't committed to anything yet but as far as I wanted to go I only got up to the quick installation collect date.
  • Mint_choc2
    Options
    Currently on the M100 deal plus talk weekend for £25/month.
    I’ve renewed on the M50 plus talk weekend for £30/month, discounted from £44/month. I was offered M100 plus talk weekend for £36/month but figured M50 would work for me
    Thanks

Mint choc2

Small steps to better things :j:rotfl:
    #26 Saving for Christmas 2020 £90/£366 :j
  • Anon
    Options
    Mint_choc2 wrote: »
    Currently on the M100 deal plus talk weekend for £25/month.
    I’ve renewed on the M50 plus talk weekend for £30/month, discounted from £44/month. I was offered M100 plus talk weekend for £36/month but figured M50 would work for me

They seems expensive compared to VM new customer deals and fibre with their competitors (when you take into account cashback, sub-£20 seems to be regularly achieved). I would cancel within the cooling off and await a call back, then if necessary switch elsewhere.
  • verely
    verely Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They rang back today and offered me £19 a month for same package which i acepted . 100mb talk weekends Thanks all
    verely wrote: »
    Hi im currently on £27 100mb package which ends next month(then jumps to £47),
    i rang up fri and was offered £28.50, i said i would have a look about rang back up tues and they said £32 and that was as low as they could go today.

So i said i would like the 30 days notice which he gave without any further offers.

My question is should i just ring in a few days try again ?

or wait until i get a call with an offer ( not sure how likely that is ?)

I take it i can cancel my cancelation at any point if i decide to take an offer and stay ?

My cancelation date is the 6th feb

Cheers all
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport