Debt, debt go away (and don't come back another day)

Options

Comments

• Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Glad to hear DD is going to be ok.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad to hear DD is going to be ok.

Fortune x

Thanks Fortune x
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Hey Ramble,

So glad to hear DD is on the end. Glad it sounds like a one off from an Infection. Must have been so scary for you. It really does put things into perspective when things like this happen. The last thing on your mind should be money so that emergancy fund is doing it's job.

I hope you all get a better nights sleep tonight xxx
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Hope you are ok Ramble. You always sound like a really good mum. This must have been so frightening. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    Options
    Hello diary (and everyone one else!!)
    I feel like I have been away ages....it has been a LONNNGGG week. DD much better but not sleeping great and work is bonkers so I have had to work at home. Was feeling mega stressed about it all, but have kind of gone through the stress now! In 2 weeks have major big thing at work, so I am going to hunker down, try and get loads of sleep, no alcohol, exercise and TLC so when it kicks off, I am as fit as I can be.

May not get to post too much in next couple of weeks, but I will try and pop in.

X Ramble
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Hey, sounds hectic right now for you. Good plan on tackling it head on in the right frame of mind! Make sure you have a few treats along the way and maybe something nice planned for went it all settled down. That should see you though. Great news DD is better. A few nights out of a routine can really knock them out of whack. Sure you'll have her back in a routine in no time. Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Ramble so pleased you have posted. Your life sounds so busy right now, no wonder you have not had the time to post.
    So pleased DD is Ok. There is no feeling on the planet that comes close to when a child is poorly. And then work on top of all of that. You sound like you are coping fantastically. Hats off from me.
    I think Hannah is right about incorporating a few treats, not necessarily spendy, bubble bath and book or chocolate cake!
    Hope today is a good day. I Look forward to your updates whenever they appear but if you have limited time then concentrate your energy on living. ttfn Xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    Options
    Hi everybody.
    Having a sit down:T
    So this month is turning into a bad news money month. Not to mention a bad 'health month' with DD now developing a cold, me too, and now DH. I'm on the mend, nothing too dramatic!
    Totally blown food budget (Aiming for £250 - already at £350) - some of this is to do with hospital visit, and a meal when driving back from friends house, but also lots of little co-op spends. GRRRR.

DH has had to have a day off when DD was poorly as I am too busy at work to take time off, so that's £100 not earned. Not great. Also need to pay towards SS school uniform £100 - have got some of this set aside, but will pay at end of this month when new wages come in.

Also more seriously he has a yard - in agreement for 6hrs a month labour...but the guy hasn't been using it a great deal. He then out of the blue wanted DH to do more than 2 weeks labour in one go as "he owed him," despite DH having a very different view of the arrangement. DH told him he couldn't do the work (as if he did we wouldn't be able to meet our monthly bills) and so he put an hourly rate to what he thought we owed him and told DH to pay him £1.1k!!!! All got a bit heated. To cut a long story short, DH now got to clear the yard by the end of the month, and pay him £600, which is a long way from great, but is better than £1.1K. Quietly I am annoyed as I warned DH that this might happen and he ignored me, saying that it would be fine, give and take yada yada yada. Sigh. Anyway, I can't moan about it, as he just gets angry!

So we have about £350 sat in his tax fund, and a £1K EF - so in reality we can cover this. BUT....I really don't want to impact the EF, and the tax fund is starting to really worry me as we have to pay £1.8K at end of Jan.

Plan of action...... PANIC....run to the hills. Hide under duvet. No just kidding:D

DH to sell an old computer system and games (Amiga) was just collecting dust in loft, but apparently is worth quite a bit on TheBay - think we might be able to get £50-ish from this. Also a trailer, another £250. So with that and the tax savings, we will cover the £600.

Then in October, will need to start adding some serious cash to tax fund (4 months to pay £1.8K = £450/month :eek:)
    £600 of the £1.8K tax bill is actually an advance payment to next year's tax bill - but as DD's income has dropped this tax year to 4 days/week, and in Oct will drop to 3 days a week, we may not need to pay as much tax next year so need to do some calculations as I may be able to get this adjusted down to reflect change in circumstances - if that's possible, I think we will be OK and will be able to keep the EF...if not, the EF will be swallowed up (but given back later on when they realise we have overpaid)

I've also still got £200 in Christmas pot, £130 in top cashback nearly due a pay out, and approx £30 in surveys - all lined up for Christmas.

Going to have to be super good for rest of this month. I've got £40 left in food, and nothing in petrol. Am owed some work expenses so this should sort out petrol.

NEXT MONTH WE WILL STAY WITHIN £250 FOOD BUDGET....if it kills me.

Roll on end October when my wages go up. Will definitely help, and have increased most budget areas so they will feel more comfortable - but still really want to sort this food budget thing....if we can manage £250, I will be able to save extra pennies towards EF / debt busting.

Wow what an essay. Been away too long!!
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Hey Ramble,

What a nightmare. Your DH sounds like mine. No point in arguing or pushing too much as they don't know how to have a proper conversation about important things. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes. DP was a single child I sometimes wonder if he missed out on arguing/negotiation tactics with his siblings and that's why he struggles.

You have the emergence fund though which is great. I know we don't like spending them but how much more stressful would all this be if you didn't have that!!!!

Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Ramble you sound fiercely determined. It will sort itself out and you will get on top if the food budget. Plus i imagine if you look in your kitchen its well stocked for meals for rest of month right?

Take it easy on yourself. You are managing so much and juggling everything.

Can you do whatever is the man equivalent of buying flowers for oh. (for me flowers fixed everything pre-singleness). I dont know what the man equivalent is hence singleness. If this is annoying ignore.

But it will all be ok. Its just hard right now. Sending you good thoughts. It will all work out. xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills