Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    Sounds similar to me. My Electricity starts today (1st March). I've submitted my meter reading to them. The website accepted the meter reading but it's not yet showing up on my account. However, I did get an acknowledgement of the reading via email from them within minutes.

No news on when my Gas is being activated yet though..

The meter reading that you provided has to go to an industry third-party for verification. This can take up to 15 days. Once verified, the meter reading is passed back to the gaining and losing suppliers to open and close your account.

Why - because people misread meters; cannot be bothered to read the meter and some even lie to save a few £s.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    EON -> Iresa. Gas Registration happened 4 days after Electric Registration last week. I provided meter serial numbers which may have helped here? Meter readings day is this Friday.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    I switched on the 11th January and have provided all the information. My online account is still lacking any detail on my gas transfer, or meter readings for my electric. I have telephoned and been given assurances but no progress. I have longstanding unanswered e-mails.
    I have now given up fretting or chasing. I am just going to let things run for the moment.
    The main problem is that I am paying monthly direct debits to both EON and Iresa.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    icharus wrote: »
    I have now given up fretting or chasing. I am just going to let things run for the moment.
    The main problem is that I am paying monthly direct debits to both EON and Iresa.
    A bit worrying. Just make sure you have meter readings (pictures!); can you submit meter readings to Iresa? And a quiet word on the EON thread may offer help (from EON reps) as to how to check things from their end.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    icharus wrote: »
    I switched on the 11th January and have provided all the information. My online account is still lacking any detail on my gas transfer, or meter readings for my electric. I have telephoned and been given assurances but no progress. I have longstanding unanswered e-mails.

Hello icharus and don't worry. We'll refund all over payments once the final bill has been sent.

At the moment, it looks like we're waiting for the meter readings to come through, possibly from the third party who check they're in line with past usage. When we have these, we'll issue our final bill and refund all outstanding credit.

You can cancel the Direct Debit with us if you wish. This won't affect the final bill but will delay the refund. Where the arrangement stays open, we'll send the refund back to your bank but, if closed, we'll send a cheque. Either way, we look to sort refunds within 10 working days of the final bill. It's just a bit quicker sending it back to a bank.

Provided you've registered with our website, you'll be able to see the final bill online within 24 hours of it being issued. Also, as grumpycrab mentions, happy to check things from our end. Although it's the new supplier who drives a switch and there's little I can influence until we receive the readings, I can still see where we're at. Could ease your mind a little. Drop an email to the address in my Profile if you would like me to do this. Please include the meter readings you gave Iresa and, for security, your date of birth. Will be glad to help icharus and sorry to lose you.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 1 March 2017 at 1:08PM
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    A bit worrying. Just make sure you have meter readings (pictures!); can you submit meter readings to Iresa? And a quiet word on the EON thread may offer help (from EON reps) as to how to check things from their end.

Thanks for your reply and thanks to Malc also.

I have done everything I can along the lines you have suggested both with Iresa and EON. Of course I don't have any telephone call recordings.

Right from the off I provided Iresa with MPRNs, and I was proactive and sent meter readings by e-mail on the due date, even though not requested. I do have e-mail acknowledgements of the readings.

As I said I have stopped fretting and chasing. I have done my bit at this end. If there is a mess up and I am out of pocket I will just have to contact Ofgem. The only reason I have posted again is to make potential transferees aware that it may not be straightforward.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »

As above grumpycrab. We're always happy to help where we can even if it's just a bit of advice. As I say, we've little influence at this stage of a switch as it's the new supplier who drives things but at least might be able to ease people's minds a little. We're available through the address in our Profiles.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Malc, surely if you (EON) are aware that there has been a change of supply on xx date then the routine DDs should not be requested EVEN IF the final readings have not been supplied??
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Malc, surely if you (EON) are aware that there has been a change of supply on xx date then the routine DDs should not be requested EVEN IF the final readings have not been supplied??

That's right brewerdave. Once we receive notification from the new supplier and we have a supply end date, collections through a Monthly Direct Debit stop.

This is quite quick where suppliers have signed up for Faster Switching (about two and half weeks) but, where they haven't, it can take longer. In these cases, it's possible we'll take a Direct Debit even if the customer has started a switch as we won't be told until after the 14 day cooling off period. I suspect that's what has happened to icharus. Guessing though.

I suggested cancelling our arrangement for peace of mind but wanted to highlight the knock on effect on refunds.

Sorry I wasn't clear brewerdave but hope this explains.

Malc
  • grahamh123
    Options
    Good luck with IRESA. Been with them for a while now and tho it took a long time for them to sort out the Gas switch because of a contested reading all was going well up to now. Then for some odd reason they gave me an estimated reading for gas (2 days after I had submitted my readings as requested) which was way over the actual reading and put my account into debit. I sent them an email as soon as I received the bill. No reply. At the next request for meter readings they would not accept my gas read as it was STILL less than their previous estimate. Still no reply to my emails and when I phone I get the recorded message -'you are No 46 on the list or similar no matter what time I call. Their website is currently unavailable.... Is this exit IRESA??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure