Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    I think that Iresa must have the auditors in. Last weekend, I got an e-mail to say that my DD had not been used in 13 months so they were cancelling it. I hadn!!!8217;t the heart to tell them that I cancelled the mandate with my Bank 14 months ago when I left them. Tonight, I find that I have an unexpected windfall. Iresa has just notified me that they are crediting my account with £0.33. I do recall that my sums didn!!!8217;t quite match what was on the Final Bill but I was so pleased to get out of their clutches, I just couldn!!!8217;t be bothered to make a fuss.

Their accounts are due in 30/9.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm still waiting for a final bill of about £30 from Iresa after we left them in February and cancelled the DD a couple of months later. I keep checking the account and they have the final reading, but they don't seem to be capable of producing a final bill.

I'm still waiting for a final bill of about £200 after I moved house last August & cancelled the DD a couple of months earlier.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for a final bill of about £200 after I moved house last August & cancelled the DD a couple of months earlier.

As a matter of interest ,have you checked your credit reports lately? Wouldn't surprise me if IRESA had passed "debt" on to debt collectors ,but no-one has told you!!
  • Boxman
    Boxman Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Looks like the inevitable has happened and Iresa have gone bust.
  • tomthered
    tomthered Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    To think I submitted a reading yesterday, what a waste of time that was. This is the second time an energy company has gone bust. I have no complaints although I have realised I was £40 odd in credit as I always paid in front, not a huge amount to lose and am wondering should I stop the next DD or let it carry on?
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Any guesses on whom Ofgem will award the contract to? It's believed to be around 100,000 accounts.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,346 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Unfortunately I am one of the 100,000. Is it right that we are unable to log onto our online accounts?
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi folks, we've published a news story with help for those affected:

Energy firm Iresa ceases trading - here's what it means for customers
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • brewerdave
    Options
    Obviously happened quite suddenly .I looked at my online account earlier today to check that my latest DD had been credited,which it had.
    I was £72.44 in credit but once I read the meter just now ,the actual credit is ~ £22, so nothing too serious to worry over.:)
    Feel sorry for those with large credit balances ,particularly in view of the difficulties some have experienced after Future Energy went down.:(
  • brewerdave
    Options
    Bad news in the OFGEM statement re the ending of existing IRESA tariffs. Just done some comparisons for leccy only, and the cheapest FIXED deal now available is £60+ more pa than IRESA, cheapest big 6 tariff is £110 more:(:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure