Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    gardner1 wrote: »
    I've cancelled mine this morning as it wont affect new supplier taking over

When this last happened to me with GB Energy I cancelled the DD. Wasn't really necessary as the new supplier took everything over including direct debits. Just had to set up a new one, not a big deal.
  • Mealyn
    Mealyn Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went with Iresa from when they first opened for business. I guess I was lucky as never had any problems with them and have had the cheapest gas and electricity. Everything worked smoothly for me and I am sorry to see them go and recently signed up to their fixed Iresa 5 accounts. Admittedly it took for ages for them to answer queries in the later stages but initially when first signed up got quick responses. It seems they just got too big for them to handle everything. I did a search for the next cheapest with a reliable company and dismayed to find that my bills will jump from £72 to £98 and that is not with any of the major companies. So not a happy bunny. Hopefully it will all turn out ok.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,346 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you, I have input readings, made a note and taken a photo.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    My account is now showing a short bill for the reading submitted today.

Just checked and my meter reading from yesterday is recorded ,and the Accounts page has been updated to show a new balance, which agrees to the p with my spreadsheet. . Taken another copy of the Accounts page!:)
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    As a matter of interest ,have you checked your credit reports lately? Wouldn't surprise me if IRESA had passed "debt" on to debt collectors ,but no-one has told you!!
    To affect my credit rating Iresa would have had to instigate court proceedings & obtain a CCJ without my knowledge. I keep an eye on my credit rating monthly (consistently Excellent) & nothing has changed. I have not received any letters from Iresa or any debt collectors or court papers. I just renewed the mail forwarding from my old address for another year so would be aware of chased for the debt.

In light of the fact that Iresa have just gone bust I suppose the Liquidator might chase me for the debt but I suspect that the utter financial shambles left by Iresa will preclude this.
  • nigelbb
    Options
    tomthered wrote: »
    To think I submitted a reading yesterday, what a waste of time that was. This is the second time an energy company has gone bust. I have no complaints although I have realised I was £40 odd in credit as I always paid in front, not a huge amount to lose and am wondering should I stop the next DD or let it carry on?
    You won't lose your £40. All credit balances are protected & the new supplier will honour them.

The only people who will lose out are those who are owed compensation by Iresa after an OFGEM ruling.
  • nigelbb
    Options
    thelight wrote: »
    I've recently been awarded compensation from Iresa by the Ombudsman, which they haven't paid yet.

Anyone know where I stand with getting this? Will the complaint and award to moved to the new supplier?

Sadly that is a debt that Iresa owe & it is vanishingly unlikely that you will be paid. There is no way that a new supplier would take on compensation claims for the incompetence of a failed supplier.
  • oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    Sadly that is a debt that Iresa owe & it is vanishingly unlikely that you will be paid. There is no way that a new supplier would take on compensation claims for the incompetence of a failed supplier.

With Iresa having given a charge in April,
    Persons entitled
    Contract Natural Gas Limited
    Brief description
    All freehold and leasehold properties (whether registered or unregistered) and all commonhold properties, now or in the future (and from time to time) owned by the borrower, or in which the borrower holds an interest (including, but not limited to, the properties specified in schedule 1 - property to the instrument (if any)).. The borrower's present and future patents, utility models, rights to inventions, copyright and neighbouring and related rights, moral rights, trademarks and service marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up and trade dress, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
    Contains fixed charge.
    Contains floating charge.
    Floating charge covers all the property or undertaking of the company.
    Contains negative pledge.
    , as likely as snow in Hades.
  • JP1978
    JP1978 Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Well we had 18 months with Iresa - knew from the start that it was unlikely to last any length of time.

Saved a few hundred ££ over those 18 months - yes, CS was a pain to deal with but accepted that from the start.

Have just logged into the account to extract all my bills as pdf's as a just in case.

This does remind me of when we did change to Iresa - we had moved into this house and took on the previous occupiers supplier (EON) - we provided meter readings to them and to IRESA as we moved to them - we had a final bill from EON for about a months usage of almost £4500...... it did take a while to sort out but even EON couldnt see how virtually impossible it would be to run up a £4500 bill in less than a month unless I had opened the gas supply to fresh air!

Hope we dont have to go through same hassle again....

Off to do meter readings......
  • quiet_advisor
    Options
    Although I managed to leave Iresa in time, I'm still have concerns that my personal data and banking details will be treated with the same level of non-compliance that was exhibited by Iresa under its Supply Licence.
    Ofgem has a lot to answer for in granting licences without carrying out due diligence checks. You can buy a ready-to-go supply licence off the shelf and start to extract customers personal details (and money) straight away. Its a fraudsters dream.

Our cat has now changed its name, as has my first school!

QA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport