Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• williamsth
    Options
    Same problem as everyone else regarding billing, though there was an estimated read on my account which I’ve not seen before. Charges were also applied from my previous actual reading up to that estimated read but then logging in on a later date, the reading and charges had completely vanished.

I won’t hold my breath for them billing on the 14th though. Frankly I don’t care too much though - I know how much I’m ever due to owe them so I’m willing to manage the calculations myself every few weeks for dirt cheap electric.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, the 10th working day of Dec. is here ......and absolutely nothing has changed on my account...no charges for November and certainly no bills!
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 14 December 2017 at 11:29AM
    Options
    I just sent a tweet (Direct Message) to say I had been double charged for gas in November (as per a previous post); expecting a "ticket to be raised" (to end up nowhere) response, I was shocked to get a response that the double charge has been reversed. And it has. Within 1 minute of the tweet.
    So if you need to communicate with Iresa that's the way to do it. No, I didn't ask about billing.
    https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/with_replies

PS. looking for to seeing our bills some time today....could be a long wait.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    punamulta wrote: »
    I cancelled my DD after the first one and switched away immediately upon reading this forum, Thanks to all for the info!
    Energy customers build a significant credit balance paying their fixed DD through the summer, If IRESA are barely solvent they'll probably go bust this Autumn and leave an evidently inept OFGEN to pick up the tab.

Presumably you were referring to astronomical autumn rather than meteorological autumn? :cool:
    Why couldn't you just give an actual date?

But with no sign of any administrator being appointed yet, I suspect some people are just making it up as they go along.

:rotfl:
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Iresa back on Twitter today - first time for 9 days. Which is either good news - they're still around or bad news - they haven't gone bust.

More than 6 months later, I see they posted again on twitter this morning.

But said they would only be around until 6pm today. :eek:

What do you make of that comment???
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 December 2017 at 6:26PM
    Options
    Message has changed on landing page for IRESA - Now saying -Oct. and Nov. bills currently being prepared - you will receive notification once the bill is available - so much for 10th working day!!

EDIT -Just noticed that the interest has been credited for end of November -but still no charges!!
  • rusty_frog
    rusty_frog Posts: 155 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 December 2017 at 11:53PM
    Options
    We are just coming up to end of our deal with Iresa.
    I have to say we havent had any cause to complain with them.
    However I am concerned regarding the number of people that have.
    I dont pretend to know how to work out with any degree of certainty just how accurate their billing is.
    What does concern me are the rumours of them potentially having financial problems.
    The question is, do we stay as they still appear to be the cheapest?
    Or go?
    Then of course the question is to where?
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!

• grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    rusty_frog wrote: »
    What does concern me are the rumours of them potentially haviing financial problems.
    Briefly, we're covered in any event under the Supplier of Last Resort which now includes consumer credit protection (the latter I was worried about because of my large Summer credit); I guess those of us who joined them deserve what we get (cheap but with a non-existent customer service**); if you're with them best to sit back, submit regular meter reads and don't worry about it. From what I've seen, leaving them is the most difficult part!
    (** response today on Twitter was immediate and solved a double-debit issue).
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    rusty_frog wrote: »
    We are just coming up to end of our deal with Iresa.
    I have to say we havent had any cause to complain with them.
    However I am concerned regarding the number of people that have.
    I dont pretend to know how to work out with any degree of certainty just how accurate their billing is.
    What does concern me are the rumours of them potentially haviing financial problems.
    The question is, do we stay as they still appear to be the cheapest?
    Or go?
    Then of course the question is to where?

I asked Sid, and he suggested you switch to British Gas.
    He said they are too big to fail, but with hundreds of thousands abandoning them in favour of smaller (and cheaper!) suppliers such as Iresa, he's worried about there may not be as much Bolly available as normal at this years shareholders Christmas Party ... so he's begging for you to switch to them.

Note that most of the moaners here have not switched from Iresa (because (a) they know when they are on a good deal and (b) then they won't be able to complain about them)

If they were that unhappy/concerned, they would have ditched and switched ages ago ... especially when Iresa feel there is no reason to apply early exit fees to tie people in.
  • quiet_advisor
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »

Note that most of the moaners here have not switched from Iresa (because (a) they know when they are on a good deal and (b) then they won't be able to complain about them)

If they were that unhappy/concerned, they would have ditched and switched ages ago ... especially when Iresa feel there is no reason to apply early exit fees to tie people in.

I don't consider people who provide less than positive feedback as moaners - this is a feedback thread after all and denigrating negative feedback as moaning smacks of an attempt to produce a censored view to suit a certain perspective.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure