Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 30 November 2017 at 4:54PM
    Options
    On Twitter, yesterday (29/11) from @IresaEnergy "Hello, October bill's will be released at the end of next month along with your November bill" The end of next month? Sounds like somebody's packing their bags (with lots of Summer credits) and jetting off to somewhere warm (and tax free). Hohoho.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My November reading is now showing on the readings history and the mystery "suppliers own reading" from 31st October ,has disappeared.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    On Twitter, yesterday (29/11) from @IresaEnergy "Hello, October bill's will be released at the end of next month along with your November bill" The end of next month? Sounds like somebody's packing their bags (with lots of Summer credits) and jetting off to somewhere warm (and tax free). Hohoho.

It would be nice if Iresa could inform it's customers of billing issues without them having to check it's Twitter account. The note about delayed billing that appeared when you log in online is no longer showing up.
    I received a reply from Iresa saying that , after a month, my refund request had been escalated from 'priority' to 'high priority'. Presumably, if I chase in another month, that might be upgraded to 'top priority'? Or am I being too optimistic?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Blackdog
    Blackdog Posts: 459 Forumite
    Options
    I also didn't get an October statement from Iresa but it now seems clear that nobody did and we will have to wait another month.

Iresa didn't use my gas meter reading for September for some reason so the last calculation for gas used was end of August. This means my gas credit is building up however they are paying interest on it. It's annoying that it isn't working as it would be a great system if you could know exactly where you stood with your account every month. Electricity account seems to be fine (touch wood). My electricity account is consistently in credit and I suspect my gas account will be in debit once they have caught up with their billing calculations. Does anyone have any experience of how Iresa deals with this, do they transfer some of the electricity credit to the gas account? I have never had a supplier before who splits the direct debit between electricity and gas so would be interested to know how Iresa reconcile it.
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to mention the repeat charges issue on my account has now been fixed, I didn't call them, they responded to my support ticket and facebook message and advised the issue would be resolved in 2 weeks and it has. No bill for October but charges going up to 21st October showing on the account.
  • Ubique
    Ubique Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi I went to Iresa as they are indeed the cheapest suppliers at this time. However trying to get any kind of response out of them regarding my account has been fruitless. I have a large amount of credit in my gas account and a debit in my electric account. As they would not or will not reply to my complaints I have stopped the DD and the difference that I owe them is £10.27. I have searched for their bank details to pay the difference but to no avail. My meter readings are upto date. If it goes on much longer I'll just switch to the next cheapest supplier. They may be the cheapest but they are by far the least professional company I've used so far.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone had any issues with meter readings submitted not being reflected online ?

My sister submitted her reading 2 weeks ago and it is still not showing online ?
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    My readings taken a week ago appeared today. I suggest no panic (apart from the usual "wish I hadn't joined") but submit again when convenient.

The main question is, will billing (now 2 months behind) happen in December? I assume the energy producers have to be paid at some point?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It took me 7 months of fighting to get my final bill from them, which varied from hundreds of pounds to them owing me! In the end got it sorted, no thanks to EO who kept getting fobbed off by Iresa.

I strongly suspect they are/have gone under I dont know how they can keep afloat.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I still haven’t had a final bill & it’s almost four months since I moved out. I’m not bothered as anticipating problems I stopped paying the DD before I moved so according to the readings I owe them money not vice versa. I moved house so haven’t had any problems with transferring to a new supplier although the new resident of my old place my be suffering.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure