Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched in Feb 17, really regretted it.

Took them 3 months to set up my electricity meter on the account so I couldnt supply the opening readings then when they allowed the readings they billed me using an incorrect reading so overcharging me. Now been three months of support tickets, phone calls and facebook messages and am just told that they are liaising with my previous supplier to rectify it. Meanwhile Im in debt on my electricity and in credit on my gas but with a debit balance overall which would turn into a credit overall if they ever resolved the issue.

I switched after 7 months due to numerous errors, double billing of the same useage, lack of responses to service tickets and im still having to chase them for my refund. i sent them a formal complaint 8 weeks ago to which I've had no response.

I would say to anyone, I would be happy to pay £100 more a year with another supplier than ever have to deal with this sham of a company.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 December 2017 at 5:04PM
    Options
    kevinyork wrote: »
    I switched in Feb 17, really regretted it.

Took them 3 months to set up my electricity meter on the account so I couldnt supply the opening readings then when they allowed the readings they billed me using an incorrect reading so overcharging me. Now been three months of support tickets, phone calls and facebook messages and am just told that they are liaising with my previous supplier to rectify it. Meanwhile Im in debt on my electricity and in credit on my gas but with a debit balance overall which would turn into a credit overall if they ever resolved the issue.

I switched after 7 months due to numerous errors, double billing of the same useage, lack of responses to service tickets and im still having to chase them for my refund. i sent them a formal complaint 8 weeks ago to which I've had no response.

I would say to anyone, I would be happy to pay £100 more a year with another supplier than ever have to deal with this sham of a company.

It's been an awful long time since last February to be with a supplier you regret switching to and would be happy to pay £100 more a year with another supplier.

One can onluy imagine why you have not switched to one of those more expensive suppliers...:cool:
    (particularly when there is no exit fees to worry about with Iresa)

Good luck!

Edit: You posted last March that you were unhappy
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72289960&postcount=97

Is your mum still with them too...??? :cool:
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Just had notification that my final bill has been raised. The bill pdf itself isn't available (link goes nowhere) but the meter readings/transactions tabs now have the correct amount and the total credit to be refunded is Correct*.
    *They removed the 49p interest from October, which is a bit irritating given how long they kept me waiting, and the fact I had to pay the price of a stamp to get their attention, but not enough to move me to complain.

If the refund actually shows up in my bank in the next couple of days it will be nine weeks from the date of switch.
    Not the six the SLC states it should be, but not as bad as it could have been.

The moral of the story there is: If Iresa are slow to raise your final bill, make a written complaint, and include a copy of your first bill with the opening reads from the new supplier, don't wait for them to ask, just send it.

One interesting thing, they also sent emails advising the refund was on its way via DD.
    Now, I didn't have an active direct debit set up, since I didn't want any 'accidental' payments taken after I left, but I was under the impression you need an active DD for them to be able to refund via DD as well. Otherwise it had to be a cheque. At least, that was E.ON's stance on the matter earlier in the year.

I did set up a new DD mandate (with a note that its just for the refund and I'll reverse any 'accidents' their computer makes) to make sure it could be paid, but I do have to wonder if my impressions were correct.

Either way, glad to get it resolved before Christmas.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,006 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just asked for a refund of my excess credit. Got a reply back within 2 hours (shocked) that it had been passed to finance. Was it a real person reply or have they got an intelligent bot answering the tickets ? We shall wait and see, certainly not going to spend it in advance.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Just asked for a refund of my excess credit. Got a reply back within 2 hours (shocked) that it had been passed to finance.
    Doesn't mean a thing (usually) I'm afraid. A ticket will be raised and ignored or closed without action.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 December 2017 at 9:28AM
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Doesn't mean a thing (usually) I'm afraid. A ticket will be raised and ignored or closed without action.

I've never had any Iresa tickets closed without action ... save for the ones that are created whenever they send out an automated email (e.g. for a monthly meter read)

But no matter whether it remains OPEN, or is marked as RESOLVED, it remains on the account, so there is always a date when the issue was first raised with the supplier.
    8 weeks from that date, if not actually resolved to your satisfaction, then it's off to the ombudsman.

In this case, the poster says they got a reply to the OPEN issue within 2 hours. The reply appears to come from a real person, as automated responses from Iresa are usually clear to identify.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    it [a refund of my excess credit] has been passed to finance
    footyguy wrote: »
    I've never had any Iresa tickets closed without action
    "passed to finance" is a dead-end; But if you or anybody else reading has had excess credits refunded I'd like to hear.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Put my end of November reading in on 28th; normally "charges" for the month ended are shown on the Account page by now -but nothing yet. Presumably its all tied in with the current billing issue.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    ...or anybody else reading has had excess credits refunded I'd like to hear.

Hopefully, most people won't have excess credits they wish to have returned.

They would have used an accurate annual anticipated conumsption figure in the first place, and so got an accurate result from a comparison site that took them to Iresa in the first place.

But if something does occur after applying, the supplier is prepared to re-assess the monthly amount paid after 6 months, as per the terms a customer agreed to.

If you deliberately try to over-credit the account to earn the 4% interest, the supplier reserves the right not to pay any interest.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Iresa have been true to their word, and last night the Direct Debit refund of my credit balance reached my bank account.

I still can't actually download the final bills, because the link returns file not found, but since I ran my own calculations in parallel I know that the refund is correct.

9 weeks and 1 day since the date of switch.

footyguy wrote: »
    Hopefully, most people won't have excess credits they wish to have returned.

They would have used an accurate annual anticipated conumsption figure in the first place, and so got an accurate result from a comparison site that took them to Iresa in the first place.

But if something does occur after applying, the supplier is prepared to re-assess the monthly amount paid after 6 months, as per the terms a customer agreed to.

If you deliberately try to over-credit the account to earn the 4% interest, the supplier reserves the right not to pay any interest.

It isn't always that simple. I built up a credit (beyond the normal winter surplus) because I provided the previous years usage. That turned out to be innacurate, because changing the shower meant less electric and more gas, but since I didn't know how much it would change my prediction was off (I also wasn't aware at sign up that Iresa would keep the balances for each fuel separate).

It wasn't a massive credit in my case because I keep a close eye on my consumption, most people don't.

The supplier is, notionally, prepared to re-assess the DD to avoid an excessive surplus, but the majority of complaint's are about them failing to do so in a timely manner.

Also, if people were deliberately over-crediting for the interest, they wouldn't be complaining about the difficulty in getting it back.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure