Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• Singerjulie
    Options
    I switched easily on dual fuel, but my first electricity meter reading failed to show on my account and they estimated it instead, despite the fact that I have an email stating that they had received my readings, and several gas and electric readings have failed to show since. I've contacted Iresa about 12 times since April via their online ticketing portal, and each time my messages have been ignored, then marked as 'resolved' without any contact or resolution. I tweeted them today and finally got a response, simply to tell me that my latest reading had not been validated (although no explanation why) and that my complaints had been passed onto their complaints department. I'm doubtful I'll hear any more. Avoid this company. It has taken me 6 months to get (an unsatisfactory) response from them.
  • miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I switched easily on dual fuel, but my first electricity meter reading failed to show on my account and they estimated it instead, despite the fact that I have an email stating that they had received my readings, and several gas and electric readings have failed to show since. I've contacted Iresa about 12 times since April via their online ticketing portal, and each time my messages have been ignored, then marked as 'resolved' without any contact or resolution. I tweeted them today and finally got a response, simply to tell me that my latest reading had not been validated (although no explanation why) and that my complaints had been passed onto their complaints department. I'm doubtful I'll hear any more. Avoid this company. It has taken me 6 months to get (an unsatisfactory) response from them.

I'm in a very similar position. No electricity readings on my account. Ombudsman just keep giving them more time!

I rang Iresa's Data Collector (DC) Agent - SMS - who told me that they have nothing to validate against. They have not received any data from the previous Data Collector. This could either be the DC from my previous supplier (British Gas) or it could be a previous DC that Iresa had used.

SMS have asked Iresa to chase the previous DC and have also asked Iresa to supply a 'flow' - which is a non industry standard way of getting things moving on the validation without the previous data.

The one helpful person at the Ombudsman that I have spoken to did mention that he was aware of other issues with Iresa and Opening Readings.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 October 2017 at 12:50PM
    Options
    miniemma wrote: »
    I'm in a very similar position. No electricity readings on my account. Ombudsman just keep giving them more time!

I rang Iresa's Data Collector (DC) Agent - SMS - who told me that they have nothing to validate against. They have not received any data from the previous Data Collector. This could either be the DC from my previous supplier (British Gas) or it could be a previous DC that Iresa had used.

SMS have asked Iresa to chase the previous DC and have also asked Iresa to supply a 'flow' - which is a non industry standard way of getting things moving on the validation without the previous data.

The one helpful person at the Ombudsman that I have spoken to did mention that he was aware of other issues with Iresa and Opening Readings.

You would seem to have a perfect reason to complain to the ombudsman service for their own failure in service. i.e. causing unnecessary delays.

To complain to the EO, you must have first waited 8 weeks from lodging official complaint to the supplier (as I think it unlikley any supplier would have given you a deadlock letter before the 8 weeks were up, depending on how long the matter had gone on before you complained)

So that would be probably at least 3 months from the issue occurring
    i.e. 1 month after you submit the meter readings they were not there you filed a complaint, and then 2 months thereafter.

The EO typically takes about another 3 months to look at your complaint, so that would make a total of at least 6 months passing before your matter was even looked at.
    For the ombudsman to suggest you continue to allow the supplier more time, as you suggest, seems thay are causing unnecessary delays.

Here is how to complain about the OS
    https://www.ombudsman-services.org/for-consumers/service-standards

Iirc, it took about 3 months for Iresa to get oury opening meter reads verified.
    I wish it had taken longer, as no verified meter reads means no billing, and the credit accumulated was being being rewarded with 4.5% interest :money:
  • mikeesdeedee
    Options
    A quick summary of my experience with Iresa.

Basically ignore like the plague. Their customer service is terrible.

I transferred my gas and electricity account to them late Fed 2017.

Mid-March I was required to submit respective meter readings. But just coming back from my holiday I submitted two electricity meter readings in error.

I alerted Iresa very quickly to my error but they had already submitted the two readings. British Gas in closing my account took nearly £1,000 when in fact they owed us money.

Believing it would be a simple matter to get the meter reading changed nothing could be further from reality. Despite emails, leaving messages on my account and complaints, I could not catch Iresa's attention. I also tried calling but typically I was between 100th and 150th in the queue!

I also called British Gas but understandably they had to rely on an amended reading from Iresa which was never issued.

After eight weeks I engaged the Ombudsman who provisionally ruled in my favour.

I was staggered to find Iresa actually challenging the Ombudsman's determination on the flimsiest of technicalities, that we had not followed their complains procedure to the letter. A complaints procedure you can't find when you're in your Iresa on-line account.

The Onbudsman saw through that and I received a final determination.

On the very last day the Ombudsman gave Iresa they finally responded. However, by this point they were in breach as one of the conditions was they would issue an amended gas meter reading by 6th Septermber which they failed.

It's now 9th October and I've not had any updates to my on-line accounts, clearly indicating that they are not monitoring my account for a response - another breach of the Ombudsman's determination.

I've now back in touch with the Ombudsman having lost all confidence that Iresa can sort this out. I'm also going to take County Court action against Iresa provided the Ombudsman confirms this action will not prejudice any additional regulatory action they wish to take.

In summary - it's now seven months since I first notified Iresa that I'd submitted the wrong meter reading. I've always held my hands up that it was my fault initially. But the measure of a good company is how they respond to such events. And Iresa has pitifully failed at every level.

****AVOID****AVOID****AVOID****AVOID****AVOID****AVOID****AVOID****AVOID****AVOID****AVOI
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Into the 12th week since switching trying to get my credit back from IRESA.

IRESA have now sent me a message today to say they can't give me any timescale for providing a final bill and giving me my credit back.

IRESA are still claiming EDF haven't given them the opening meter reading. I told IRESA weeks ago that this was not the case and the agreed opening meter reading had been finalised.

IRESA have made no attempt so far to chase this up with EDF despite my requests for them to do this, but they are now saying they will chase it up with EDF, but I'm not sure I believe that.

Avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid :(:(
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Seems to be a case of... if you haven't joined IRESA - DO NOT EVER DO IT - and if you're an existing subscriber - DO NOT EVER LEAVE THEM?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Has anyone on here got to the end of their 1 year contract for electric & renewed with Iresa for another year on their latest tariff?
    Unlike others, we have not had any problems with Iresa supplying us with electric and producing bills on time that accurately match the readings we give each month.
    Therefore, as they are still, for us, the cheapest tariff for electric, we are planning to switch to another 1 year fixed contract, hopefully before the price increases!
    Would be useful to know what experience other customers had when switching electric fixed tariffs with Iresa.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    My switch away from Iresa has gone smoothly (ironically I've already had to raise a formal complaint with the new supplier, something Iresa never moved me to do). Just remains to see how long it takes to get the credit balance back.
    Has anyone on here got to the end of their 1 year contract for electric & renewed with Iresa for another year on their latest tariff?
    Unlike others, we have not had any problems with Iresa supplying us with electric and producing bills on time that accurately match the readings we give each month.
    Therefore, as they are still, for us, the cheapest tariff for electric, we are planning to switch to another 1 year fixed contract, hopefully before the price increases!
    Would be useful to know what experience other customers had when switching electric fixed tariffs with Iresa.

It does seem like, if you're not one of the people who's account had problems getting set up in the first place, things tend to go pretty well and there's no real reason to leave.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    You would seem to have a perfect reason to complain to the ombudsman service for their own failure in service. i.e. causing unnecessary delays.

<snip>

Here is how to complain about the OS
    https://www.ombudsman-services.org/for-consumers/service-standards

<snip>

Thanks Footguy, I complained using the link you gave me and received this nondescript reply:

Dear MiniEmma

Thank you for your ‘Unhappy with our service’ form which we received on 9 October 2017.

As your complaint is referring to the implementation of the remedy agreed with Iresa Limited, it has been passed to our remedy implementation team as the most appropriate department to respond.

Yours sincerely
    Nicola Johnston
    Customer Relations

I also sent them all the information about my phone conversation with SMS and received this similarly 'useful' reply:

Dear MiniEmma

Thank you for your email received on 7 October 2017, regarding Iresa Ltd.
    We note your comments however as soon as we receive further information from Iresa Ltd, we will be back in contact with you.

Yours sincerely
    Susan Keithley
    Case Administration Officer
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,346 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ASavvyBuyer, if the price is right (2nd December when our contract finishes) we will renew with Iresa.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure