Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    They're also not taking new customers. I suspect the new tariff advice is also to advise of when new customers will be accepted.

Have they got an SVT? I thought they only had one tariff.

News to me I'm in the middle of switching to them, all going fine so far.
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Into the 13th week since switching from IRESA to EDF and still no final bill from IRESA for electricity, and so no sign of my £150 credit ever being returned.

No sign of any resolution :(:(

Not sure what the point of licence condition 27.17 is if OFGEM don't bother to enforce it
    27.17 Where the responsibility for the supply of electricity to a Domestic Customer transfers from the licensee to another Electricity Supplier or otherwise terminates, the licensee must take all reasonable steps to send a final Bill or statement of account of the Domestic Customer’s account within 6 weeks of the supplier transfer ortermination of the Domestic Supply Contract.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SnowMan wrote: »
    Into the 13th week since switching from IRESA to EDF and still no final bill from IRESA for electricity, and so no sign of my £150 credit ever being returned.

No sign of any resolution :(:(

Not sure what the point of licence condition 27.17 is if OFGEM don't bother to enforce it

Complain about a breach of Standard Licence Conditions to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk

You could also think about sending Iresa a Letter before Legal Action followed by a claim through the Small Claims Court.
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 October 2017 at 1:32PM
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Complain about a breach of Standard Licence Conditions to [EMAIL="consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk"]consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

You could also think about sending Iresa a Letter before Legal Action followed by a claim through the Small Claims Court.
    Was thinking the small claims route but I'm a bit concerned that IRESA will go into insolvency so slightly reluctant to do that.

The Citizens Advice Consumer Service extra help unit (EHU) have been involved for the past 2 weeks. After a week IRESA just said they couldn't give any timescale for producing a final bill.

EDF have said that IRESA should have been sent through the flows by the data collector on 16th September when EDF received the D86 themselves, and IRESA have at no point instigated a missing reads procedure with EDF.

EDF are being incredibly helpful and are getting together some further evidence to show what has gone on.

But IRESA say they haven't received the opening meter reading from EDF (which is probably wrong) and IRESA have shown no inclination to chase up with EDF through the missing reads procedure.

IRESA are now asking me to send them the opening bill I received from EDF many weeks ago. I think that is an attempt to put further obstacles in the way.

There is no dispute on what the agreed opening reading is and really they just need to bill based on the agreed opening read.

The EHU have done all they can to date, and good on them for giving it a go, but IRESA just seem to be acting as if they have a complete exemption from having to resolve this or comply with the 6 week requirement under license condition 27.17.

I've asked IRESA to confirm that their response to my complaint of refusing to pay back my credit is their final response so I can take it back to the Energy Ombudsman, but they refuse to say their response is final.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • bower123456
    Options
    i signed up with these on monday, wish i hadnt after reading the comments on here!
    i didnt research into them as i didnt think people had problems switching between energy companies how wrong was i!
  • System
    edited 18 October 2017 at 9:36AM
    Options
    i signed up with these on monday, wish i hadnt after reading the comments on here!
    i didnt research into them as i didnt think people had problems switching between energy companies how wrong was i!

You are in a 14 day cooling off period. Write to the supplier and cancel the switch. Check your Bank account and if a DD mandate in Iresa's favour appears then just cancel it with your Bank.
  • System
    edited 18 October 2017 at 8:35AM
    Options
    SnowMan wrote: »
    Was thinking the small claims route but I'm a bit concerned that IRESA will go into insolvency so slightly reluctant to do that.

The Citizens Advice Consumer Service extra help unit (EHU) have been involved for the past 2 weeks. After a week IRESA just said they couldn't give any timescale for producing a final bill.

EDF have told the EHU that IRESA were sent the flows by the data collector, which is probably right. But IRESA say they haven't received the opening meter reading from EDF (which is probably wrong) and IRESA have shown no inclination to chase up with EDF.

IRESA are now asking me to send them the opening bill I received from EDF many weeks ago. I think that is an attempt to put further obstacles in the way. There is no dispute on what the agreed opening reading is and really they just need to bill based on the agreed opening read which EDF think IRESA have.

The EHU have done all they can, and good on them for giving it a go, but IRESA just seem to be acting as if they have a complete exemption from having to resolve this or comply with the 6 week requirement under license condition 27.17.

I've asked IRESA to confirm that their response to my complaint of refusing to pay back my credit is their final response so I can take it back to the Energy Ombudsman, but they refuse to say their response is final.

If Iresa goes into insolvency then your credit is protected by Ofgem's consumer levy. The problem with 27.17 is that Ofgem does little to enforce SLCs and, in the particular case of SLC 27.17, the supplier will hide behind the word 'reasonable'. In contract law, the use of the term 'reasonable' is something of a financial gravy train for lawyers.

As far as opening readings are concerned, this responsibility sits with EDF. When I had this issue, I got the gaining supplier to confirm in writing that verified meter readings had been passed to Iresa in accordance with industry procedures, and that no Readings Dispute had been raised. My recommendation is to go in hard.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They're also not taking new customers....

No issues this morning.

Still accepting customers on Flex 4 - get in quick if there is any truth in the suggestion prices are going up next month :money:
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2017 at 1:37PM
    Options
    Just looked at my account transactions and noticed a monthly charge of 83p for a paper bill. These charges started in December 2016. I didn't ask for a paper bill. Does everyone get these charges?
    I've now opted out.

30 SEP 2017 Paper bill PAPERBILL20170930 DB-£0.83

Edit. I've just looked through "my details" and realised I've been opted in for paper billing at £10 per year since December. I haven't been asked if I wanted this and certainly wouldn't opt in. Was anyone else asked?

As I've never agreed to pay this should these charges be refunded to me?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nope, didn't even know you could get paper bills with IRESA!!

If you watched the Parliamentary Energy group's questioning of OFGEM officials yesterday, you would probably realise why they don't enforce the SLCs - far too complicated for them to understand:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure