Options

Comments

• Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2017 at 4:47PM
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    So you are saying you joined Iresa in June/July 2016, and you suddenly started getting this applied 6 months later, i.e December 2016, and now in October 2017 you don't think you should be being charged it???
    How many paper bills have you received since December 2016?

If you request the paper bills stop, they will probably stop charging you the extra for them. :cool:

Good luck!
    No I don't think I should be charged for something I didn't ask for. I didn't choose to have these bills sent to me or agree to pay for them. As I had no idea paper bills were optional or not sent to everyone why would I question receiving them.

No idea why you keep responding. You've got nothing helpful to say.
  • miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just switched Gas away to Zog. Let's see how that goes!

Couldn't find a cheaper deal for electricity yet.

Ombudsman - chocolate teapot.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £75 added to my balance and a sort of apology one day before the deadline ! ;)
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 October 2017 at 10:45AM
    Options
    miniemma wrote: »
    Just switched Gas away to Zog. Let's see how that goes!

Couldn't find a cheaper deal for electricity yet.

Ombudsman - chocolate teapot.

A useful reminder that people should check out seperate suppliers, rather than assume a dual fuel tariff is always cheaper. :)

I never put my gas with Iresa as I've been with Zog for a number of years and they have always been cheaper than Iresa.

But lately, I now see there are even cheaper suppliers for gas than Zog, so hopefully Zog will address this soon (before my existing deal is up)
  • jen_e80
    jen_e80 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 24 October 2017 at 1:00PM
    Options
    I had no problems switching over and was happy with the speed and ease of the process. I am still happy with their website and easy submission of my meter readings, along with their prompt bill amendments :)
    BUT, since the start of my contract (March 2017) I have clearly been paying too much per month as my account is now over £200 in credit :shocked:
    When I contacted IRESA via their online Support Ticket system in July they replied telling me that I can request a Direct Debit amendment 6 months after my contract started, so at the end of September I contacted them once again.
    They NEVER replied to that ticket, so I deleted it and started a new one in October, and again NO RESPONSE. Not even an acknowledgement. I am now struggling financially and need that £200+ but getting a response from them is non existent at the moment :mad:
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 25 October 2017 at 9:29AM
    Options
    jen_e80 wrote: »
    ...but getting a response from them is non existent at the moment :mad:
    They are active on Twitter (but doubt you'll get any refund - they've been paying all their fines with it!). https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/with_replies
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Information for those Iresa customers who may or may not receive a strange phone call in the coming week or so.

DM92e_SW0AARiYg.jpg:large
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank God -not South Wales !!
    Also ,I presume they will be approaching dual fuel customers first.
  • itchyfeet123
    Options
    I enlisted the Ombuds' office. Ombuds found in my favour, ordering Iresa to 1) apologise and 2) pay me £30. That's all well and good, but the actual cause of my problems -- Iresa replaced my opening readings with numbers they seemingly pulled out of thin air -- has not been solved. In fact, the Ombuds seemed to take Iresa's word that the delay in fixing the opening reads was because of a delay on my previous supplier's part.
  • Simple_as_ABC
    Options
    We have been with Iresa on electricity only tariff Flex2 for almost a year now and have had no complaints whatsoever!
    They offer great value and their website couldn't be easier to use.
    On checking out the next years Flex4 contract, it seems they are still the most competitively priced.
    To offer such great value, they must have fewer overhead costs, so it shouldn't be a surprise to find it difficult to contact them. I must say that I have never needed to though.
    For the coming year we will definitely be staying with Iresa.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure