The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    brilliant that you got through today but, is there a rodent problem that needs tackling?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No signs of droppings anywhere else and the ones I saw looked old but still urgh. The cat needs to start earning its keep but the only tying its come back with is a piece of cooked cauliflower about 10 years ago.

I treated myself today to some new face potions with my birthday money. I will look 10 years younger later.;) But before the pampering comes some more clearing.

Tomorrow I have a half day off which will give me three hours to myself before collecting Charlie. What do you reckon folks. 🤔 Car cleaning I think.

Have a cosy night.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad you survived the gas man crisis. I'm sure he has seen much worse sights in his time, he could probably write a book about it :rotfl:

Well done on the de-cluttering front. Some days you can move mountains of clutter if you're in the right frame of mind. Good clutter tips from Drspend too :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • redofromstart
    Options

Tomorrow I have a half day off which will give me three hours to myself before collecting Charlie. What do you reckon folks. 🤔 Car cleaning I think.

Face pack, sofa, book and the useless cat?

Cats are useless at mice removal. I have six cats and we still have a regular mice problem. I put them on a formal performance management plan, but mr. cute but stupid promptly starting bringing live ones in to show me.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I put them on a formal performance management plan, but mr. cute but stupid promptly starting bringing live ones in to show me.
    Funny :rotfl:
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Glad you treated yourself to face potion :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Face pack, sofa, book and the useless cat?

Cats are useless at mice removal. I have six cats and we still have a regular mice problem. I put them on a formal performance management plan, but mr. cute but stupid promptly starting bringing live ones in to show me.

:rotfl:

My old cat was a real serial killer. He would return with 3 or 4 bodies per day. I got up one morning to a pair of back legs with a tail attached in his food bowl. 😱

I have some sewing to do this afternoon so no clearing out. But its money coming in so I'm feeling :D.

Have a good day all.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Hurray, it's the weekend and I'm determined not to waste it.

I have nearly got the washing done and I'm keeping up with putting it AWAY. :T :rotfl: I have some sewing to do and the do some more sorting out. It's such a miserable day here so I can't see us going out much. Fingers crossed it will clear up.

I was talking to a colleague yesterday. Not someone I tend to mix with but she was talking about work she does on her house. I was impressed and feel I hope need to start being a bit braver about learning new skills.

I paid all my monthly bills this morning. I'm still confused about the chunk of ppi and whether to keep it for Windows or put towards debt and save. I still think Windows but have the odd wobble.

Right, I must get on. I have a new mop to buy. Have a lovely day everyone.

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry I've been offline for a few days and missed the opportunity to send you a big hug prior to the gas man coming - but have one anyway, along with an admiring look for getting so much out of the house. Mind you, I am still grinning at the cat bringing home cooked cauliflower. I wonder what the owner thought had become of it?

Happy new mop day. I have put in some huge shifts working on Mum's house and some areas are definitely progressing, though that does mean I uncover other problems - now I need to turn my attention to my own house, and your thread inspires me. So good that you can see the chink of light. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Definitely get the new windows... they will be the gift that keeps on giving, keeping you warm and saving you money. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family