We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

1…8182848687…153

Comments

  • brilliant that you got through today but, is there a rodent problem that needs tackling?
    June 2026, Mortgage free, Emergency fund fully funded & £200/200 cash maximum pb holding .:jWeight 12st challenge 11st 2lb

    Gift to children challenge £40k in 2 years. Short term gift challenge 7 presents and $1300 can by September.

    Determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection. I’m not perfect but I’m good enough.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6673398/hopefully-cruising-with-focus-towards-retirement#latest
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    No signs of droppings anywhere else and the ones I saw looked old but still urgh. The cat needs to start earning its keep but the only tying its come back with is a piece of cooked cauliflower about 10 years ago.

    I treated myself today to some new face potions with my birthday money. I will look 10 years younger later.;) But before the pampering comes some more clearing.

    Tomorrow I have a half day off which will give me three hours to myself before collecting Charlie. What do you reckon folks. 🤔 Car cleaning I think.

    Have a cosy night.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

    [STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Glad you survived the gas man crisis. I'm sure he has seen much worse sights in his time, he could probably write a book about it :rotfl:

    Well done on the de-cluttering front. Some days you can move mountains of clutter if you're in the right frame of mind. Good clutter tips from Drspend too :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS

  • Tomorrow I have a half day off which will give me three hours to myself before collecting Charlie. What do you reckon folks. 🤔 Car cleaning I think.

    Face pack, sofa, book and the useless cat?

    Cats are useless at mice removal. I have six cats and we still have a regular mice problem. I put them on a formal performance management plan, but mr. cute but stupid promptly starting bringing live ones in to show me.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 10,925 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    I put them on a formal performance management plan, but mr. cute but stupid promptly starting bringing live ones in to show me.
    Funny :rotfl:
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them

    Emergency fund 1400/1000
    Buffer fund 100/100
    Debt Free (again) 25/07/2025
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 10,925 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    Glad you treated yourself to face potion :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them

    Emergency fund 1400/1000
    Buffer fund 100/100
    Debt Free (again) 25/07/2025
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Face pack, sofa, book and the useless cat?

    Cats are useless at mice removal. I have six cats and we still have a regular mice problem. I put them on a formal performance management plan, but mr. cute but stupid promptly starting bringing live ones in to show me.

    :rotfl:

    My old cat was a real serial killer. He would return with 3 or 4 bodies per day. I got up one morning to a pair of back legs with a tail attached in his food bowl. 😱

    I have some sewing to do this afternoon so no clearing out. But its money coming in so I'm feeling :D.

    Have a good day all.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

    [STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Hurray, it's the weekend and I'm determined not to waste it.

    I have nearly got the washing done and I'm keeping up with putting it AWAY. :T :rotfl: I have some sewing to do and the do some more sorting out. It's such a miserable day here so I can't see us going out much. Fingers crossed it will clear up.

    I was talking to a colleague yesterday. Not someone I tend to mix with but she was talking about work she does on her house. I was impressed and feel I hope need to start being a bit braver about learning new skills.

    I paid all my monthly bills this morning. I'm still confused about the chunk of ppi and whether to keep it for Windows or put towards debt and save. I still think Windows but have the odd wobble.

    Right, I must get on. I have a new mop to buy. Have a lovely day everyone.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

    [STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 15,689 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Sorry I've been offline for a few days and missed the opportunity to send you a big hug prior to the gas man coming - but have one anyway, along with an admiring look for getting so much out of the house. Mind you, I am still grinning at the cat bringing home cooked cauliflower. I wonder what the owner thought had become of it?

    Happy new mop day. I have put in some huge shifts working on Mum's house and some areas are definitely progressing, though that does mean I uncover other problems - now I need to turn my attention to my own house, and your thread inspires me. So good that you can see the chink of light. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

    Fashion on the Ration 2025: Fabric 2, men's socks 3, Duvet 7.5, 2 t-shirts 10, men's socks 3, uniform top 0, hat 0, shoes 5 = 30.5/68
    2024: Trainers 5, dress 7, slippers 5, 2 prs socks (gift) 2, 3 prs white socks 3, t-shirts x 2 10, 6 prs socks: mostly gifts 6, duvet set 7.5 = 45.5/68 coupons
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 2,038 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Definitely get the new windows... they will be the gift that keeps on giving, keeping you warm and saving you money. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

    happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.