The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Yes enjoy the circus parsnip, it sounds great :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Help. In a complete tizzy.

Gas man coming soon to do the service and parts of the house are :eek::eek::eek:. I feel sick.

Oh and to top it of D'S has broken my new tablet which I had for my birthday last week. 6 days and it's kn@ckered. I have had to order a new one to replace it. His dad will be so upset if he finds out.

Bin bags at the ready the big throw out starts. I will have to pass it off as I'm having a mass clear out which may result In a mass clear out.;)

I wish I was tidy.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • DrSpendLittle
    Options
    Hi Parsnip - can you claim the broken tablet on house insurance? They're usually really good with small electrical items. Check it out first before buying a new one. And if DS is using it instead of you, perhaps he can have one for xmas?

Re: the gas man, focus on tidying only the parts of the house he'll see (if that is worrying you) and ignore the rest for now. You main goal right now is just this.

Then, when gas man is settled, gone etc move onto the second goal - the big throw out. I love a big throw out and have a 3 bag system - bags for the tip (some recycle, some general waste), bags for charity and bags for selling on eB4y etc. If an item is not good enough to sell but too good to throw, put it in charity bag. Don't make the decision difficult though - your primary motivation here is to declutter, not find secret treasure, so don't agonise over stuff, just choose one of the three options for it. You can have a 'decide later' pile if you really must, but you must decide later that day, don't let the decision fester.

You've got this!! Good luck!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Hi Parsnip
    Don't worry about the gas man. I'm sure he's seen worse. We're having a new central heating system fitted tomorrow and the whole house is in a guddle!!!!
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Hi Parsnip - can you claim the broken tablet on house insurance? They're usually really good with small electrical items. Check it out first before buying a new one. And if DS is using it instead of you, perhaps he can have one for xmas?

Re: the gas man, focus on tidying only the parts of the house he'll see (if that is worrying you) and ignore the rest for now. You main goal right now is just this.

Then, when gas man is settled, gone etc move onto the second goal - the big throw out. I love a big throw out and have a 3 bag system - bags for the tip (some recycle, some general waste), bags for charity and bags for selling on eB4y etc. If an item is not good enough to sell but too good to throw, put it in charity bag. Don't make the decision difficult though - your primary motivation here is to declutter, not find secret treasure, so don't agonise over stuff, just choose one of the three options for it. You can have a 'decide later' pile if you really must, but you must decide later that day, don't let the decision fester.

You've got this!! Good luck!

That's my problem, I agonize over everything but today I have thrown out clothes, toysetc. The charity shop will be full.:rotfl: D'S managed to jump on tablet. I'm not sure how as it was put out of the way. Mmmmmm. He does have his own to use. Any one want a six year old.
    Hi Parsnip
    Don't worry about the gas man. I'm sure he's seen worse. We're having a new central heating system fitted tomorrow and the whole house is in a guddle!!!!

Oh I remember having mine fitted. It's will be fab when done. Oh and I'm stealing the word guddle....brilliant.

I have done loads this morning and feel pleased.....then I look around.:eek: Small steps though.;)

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Guddle - good old fashioned Scottish word.
    My favourite is fankle meaning tangled.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I hope all is going well. You have made so much progress and you are moving forward. Thinking of you. You totally have got this :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Well that was embarrassing especially when he opened up the boiler to find mouse/rat droppings. I'm utterly mortified and it has been a massive shock.

Anyway I have thrown out/charity shopped so much stuff its ridiculous. To be honest if I had a whole week just doing this it would be closer to being done with the amounts I have been moving. I'm starting to see a chink of light at last. Still a long way to go though.

I'm just about to pop to the charity shop before collecting DS.

A slightly more relaxed parsnip. X

• DrSpendLittle
    Options
    Yay! Good job on the tidying / decluttering, sounds like fab progress :T:T:T

I'm 100% sure the boiler man has seen worse!
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I agree, the boiler man has indeed seen worse. You did it! Breathe out and feel dead chuffed (I have come over all Coronation Street despite never having lived in the north)

Well done parsniphead :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills