The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You do realise that you're nearly a third of the way towards your target.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Our Council charges for green bins now, so we compost as much as possible, then decent sized wood is saved for the fire and twiggy stuff goes to the tip... I'm assuming your green bin is not garden waste as you're clearing in the house?:rotfl:
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    You do realise that you're nearly a third of the way towards your target.

No I didn't actually. Thank you INOD. I have today's pay me ts to add to the figure too.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Our Council charges for green bins now, so we compost as much as possible, then decent sized wood is saved for the fire and twiggy stuff goes to the tip... I'm assuming your green bin is not garden waste as you're clearing in the house?:rotfl:

Our green bin is part of the package and is for garden waste. We have a black bin for general waste, a small black bin for glass, a blue bag for paper/ card and a green bag for tins and plastic.

I compost as much as possible but loads of weeds and bits of trees cut down go in the green one.

The black wheelie bin usually only gets one bin bag a week as I do recycle lotscand try not to buy stuff with packaging. I could do better though. When I lived alone after recycling I used to put out one half full bin bag a month.

The black bag tends to now be used for my house clearance stuff which cannot be donated or recycled. I shall be glad when the process ends.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Slightly different system from ours but similar. We compost and recycle a lot so our black bin is generally not full but if I were motoring ahead with the decluttering as you are, doubtless there would be more there. I do hate sending stuff to landfill, though. Mind you I hate getting down to ebaying as well.

If you know anyone with an open fire or woodburner, they may take chunkier bits of wood off you.

It's raining again here today so the garden jobs may not get done.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It seems to be raining everywhere today! You're making great progress on the money front parsniphead.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Slightly different system from ours but similar. We compost and recycle a lot so our black bin is generally not full but if I were motoring ahead with the decluttering as you are, doubtless there would be more there. I do hate sending stuff to landfill, though. Mind you I hate getting down to ebaying as well.

If you know anyone with an open fire or woodburner, they may take chunkier bits of wood off you.

It's raining again here today so the garden jobs may not get done.

Yes it's raining here to. We were going to a local scarecrow festival but with the rain, DS being a total g1t and the extortionate entrance fee this year, we abandoned the idea.
    It seems to be raining everywhere today! You're making great progress on the money front parsniphead.

I'm trying HairyHandofDartmoor (I love that name). I even paid across the bit of petrol budget not used. I don't think I have ever been so focussed on such a number of areas at once.

Today has been odd. My house seems to have turned into a laundry. I'm struggling with washing as D'S has had a few bedwetting moments this week. Never mind, I'm sure it's just a blip, but I may vanish under washing. Luckily mum has told me to take some down and she will dry it. Well unless it stops raining then on the line it goes.

A bit more stuff has been sorted, not masses, but its getting me where I want to be. I would like to get a new basin before the holiday as I could then sort the bathroom and it would be off the very long list.

I have also had some me time today, reading. I'm reading Timeless simplicity by John Lane and re-reading Voluntary Simplicity by Duane Elgin. I love those books and they really focus on how I would like to live my life. I do to a certain degree but more care is needed to work towards more of it. They have also focussed on how little stuff is needed. Little eco warrior me just needs to stop trying to rescue anything which others are throwing out. I cannot save the world single handed.;)

I have no set plans for tomorrow except getting ready for the week ahead. Oh and of course my daily bag or two........or three.........or four..........

Have a good night.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I like your name too parsniphead it makes me smile :D.

I haven't read those two books you mentioned but they sound interesting. I enjoyed reading The Simple Living Guide by Janet Luhrs.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey parsnip, just caught up! You're doing so well and you're so focused. Your goals are similar to mine! I love the simple living, the books you've mentioned sound good. I too am drowning in washing, this time of year is rubbish for trying to get things dry! I hope you have a nice relaxing day.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I like your name too parsniphead it makes me smile :D.

I haven't read those two books you mentioned but they sound interesting. I enjoyed reading The Simple Living Guide by Janet Luhrs.

Oh I've not read that one. Another for the list.
    missymoo81 wrote: »
    Hey parsnip, just caught up! You're doing so well and you're so focused. Your goals are similar to mine! I love the simple living, the books you've mentioned sound good. I too am drowning in washing, this time of year is rubbish for trying to get things dry! I hope you have a nice relaxing day.

I used to live so much more simply. I don't understand how it went so wrong. The debt should have pushed to live more simply but debt messes with your mind.

My washing pile got bigger again last night. If you never hear from me again I have been lost under a washing avalanche.

Today I'm carrying on with washing and decluttering. The weather is appalling so not much else can be done. I'm also going to try and take down the wooden baton in dining room to continue with that job. When I know the bay roof is no longer leaking....no sign of it yet :j I will have to fix the ceiling.

Right ho, I must get on. Have a good day.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure