🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well done on your repair :j and for showing the men how it's done xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Well done. I like it when you say 'I explained back...' good for you. Girl power and all that :)
    What is caulking?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Well done on your repair :j and for showing the men how it's done xx

It had to be done. I'm usually a placid character but I came close to telling them to F off. Honestly.
    Well done. I like it when you say 'I explained back...' good for you. Girl power and all that :)
    What is caulking?

It had to be done DIA. It was that at or tipping a tin of bitumen over their heads but I didn't want to waste it. ;)

Today my positives thingwas fixing the roof and as i had a voucher it has cost a grand total of £8.98. :T It's currently raining but not inside the house. Fingers crossed for success. :T:j

The curtain rail thing didn't work. The wood panel had warped so it wouldn't go back. I'm going to take the whole thing off and start again. Everything can't be perfect can it but that's ok.

I got most of my washing done and the kitchen is still good. :j

Tomorrow is back to work but tomorrow night I will continue with the challenge. Perhaps the dining room or the spare room. Before work I will get down the net and give it a wash as when the roof leaked it left a muddy line down it.

Right time to get on.

Night all
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done, you're amazing at mending roofs, although sinks seem to get a rough ride in your house :rotfl:

My to do list for my house is as long as yours, and DH and I are not much cop at diy (Although we can decorate and put up shelves), so it'll be a long time until our house looks and behaves how I want it to :(. My DH's brother didn't even know how to change a fuse, so DH did it for him :rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done for not wasting the bitumen. :D

You really are doing superbly, aren't you?! If you think how much you must have saved by sorting all these things out yourself, you should be rich. :)

Don't forget a bit of time for yourself.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Well done, you're amazing at mending roofs, although sinks seem to get a rough ride in your house :rotfl:

My to do list for my house is as long as yours, and DH and I are not much cop at diy (Although we can decorate and put up shelves), so it'll be a long time until our house looks and behaves how I want it to :(. My DH's brother didn't even know how to change a fuse, so DH did it for him :rotfl:

Yes stepson and his girlfriend do seem to try to destroy something when they visit.

Your DH's n rother obviously didn't have the change a plug/fuse lesson at school. Giving my age away.
    Well done for not wasting the bitumen. :D

You really are doing superbly, aren't you?! If you think how much you must have saved by sorting all these things out yourself, you should be rich. :)

Don't forget a bit of time for yourself.

Rich.....:rotfl: ha ha. If only.

I enjoy doing it to be honest. I have never been very girly.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Hurray work is finished for the week.:j

So I have tonight and the weekend to get some stuff done. I'm not sure what yet and my only fixed plan is to pay all my bills.

I have been making wormeries at work today, like you do, and have decided to make some for home. The little fella should enjoy it too.

I would like to refill my green bin as it was emptied today and get rid of at least 4 bags of stuff. I think this should completely declutter the kitchen, bathroom and sitting room. Also it sbould make a dent in the dining room.
    I have three weeks left to get downstairs completed so need to get a wriggle on.

Have a good night all.

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Personally I find you an inspiration-- and you deserve a medal for not banning stepson and his girlfriend from your house! If not that then telling them that the next thing they break they have to pay for. :D

Did you get onto the Insurance about claiming?
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Personally I find you an inspiration--
    I so agree...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Well thank you crystal and DIA, that very nice.

To be honest I feel a bit of an amateur and get so much inspiration from everyone else. That's probably why I spend so much time on everyone else's diary. Perhaps if I didnt I would get a bit further on in my journey.:rotfl: I reakon I could make a full time job out of diary reading because I'm VERY nosey. ;):D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport