The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Fab news on the ppi claim well done and yes I agree I think you've suffered plenty with your Windows..........fingers crossed you get another nice payment from the other mortgage claim xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    brilliant news that should also help with the heating bill
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    That's great about the windows! Having replaced old ones with double glazing ourselves I do agree with you. It's about quality of life and one or two fewer things to worry about - and as it will help reduce the need to heat, maybe in the long term it will help pay off the debt. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh fantastic news on the PPI claim parsnip! So happy for you!!!
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That is brilliant news - and a sensible way to spend it. Although obviously 10% of any windfall should be spent on you! Its the rules...
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks oh all so much for your lovely comments. You are such supportive people. I'm still a bit in shock to be honest as I had heard that it's really difficult to be granted payments on mortgage PPI.

It does feel very positive at the moment, as if everything is slowly starting to fall into place. DH has now started to go on again about the rewiring which REALLY needs doing. We have the money for this so just need to find a sparky (easier said than done). Once that's done I can start thinking about using the PPI money for windows and then start on the redecoration.

I've been worried about getting windows lately. I thought I would never have the money. I just want a dry, warm, mould free home for my son to live in. I have felt so bad since he was born, like I'm not giving him a home he deserves. I have done as much as possible but a warm, dry house is something everyone deserves. Soon this will come to an end.

On other news another tree man has visited. He is coming on 1st nov to take one down and half the other. Please, please let there be no storms between now and then.:eek: I have managed to book him on the same day as my boiler service so it will be a busy, busy day.

So all of the above means one thing.......I HAVE TO GET RID OF THE BLINKIN CLUTTER.:eek::rotfl:. The cupboard with the boiler needs to be done and the shed by the tree straight away with the rest of the house done before rewiring, decorating and windows. Looks like the christmas challenge is well on truly on.

It would be nice for the work to be done by christmas though.....;) calm down parsnip. :rotfl:;):D

No, no. I've waited 15 years, I can do a few more months.

Anyway operation get your bum into gear has well and truly kicked in. One hour per day minimum. No more procrastination. The only time off is for making money, playing with son and of course, reading diaries.;)

Off to get rid of more stuff, then bath and diary time.

Have a good rest of the day. P x
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I've got your decluttering bug.......just gutted the boys room, a black bag of rubbish 2 black bags of toys as well as a huge pile of clothes from my eldest boy as well as Xbox games and toys that can get sold on fb xx

Took me four hours :eek: but boys room is sparkling ;)
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I've been worried about getting windows lately. I thought I would never have the money. I just want a dry, warm, mould free home for my son to live in. I have felt so bad since he was born, like I'm not giving him a home he deserves. I have done as much as possible but a warm, dry house is something everyone deserves. Soon this will come to an end.
    Reading this made me a bit emotional. What a lovely mummy you are.
    I'm so glad you got the PPI payment :T
    Using it for the window replacement is a great idea too.
    Decluttering, PPI, rewiring, redecorating. It is official you are on a roll :rotfl:
    Seeing you battle your demons here is inspiring and when it all comes good it's nice to be able to say well done :beer:
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fab news about the ppi refund, new windows sound like a great plan, good to read that things are coming together for you in your home
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ah, thank you both for the comments.

I woke up feeling particularly grumpy this morning. A perfect storm of not liking my job, being extremely bored when there when I'm not good at being bored and loving being in my home, especially with loads to do. Anyway I have myself a good talking to and told myself I need the job to do other stuff. Plus it's better to find a new job when in employment. I must have a nose in the art dept again to see if any opportunities have arisen. I also need to get my portfolio sorted just in case.

This morning I'm going to have a bit of breakfast, get DS ready and do some tidying up.....it needs it.:eek:

When I get back tonight I plan to set myself a target of getting the stairs cleared and sorting out any washing, which is not too bad at the moment.

Small steps will make big changes.

Have a good day all. P x
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure