The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I like the idea of concentration on one area or one room and blitzing it. Also painting a room white after taking everything out and then putting it back. Maybe easier in warmer weather when you can stack it in the garden then put it all back. That's what they do on the hoarder programmes sometimes...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks guys. I do think learning to focus on one thing may help. Its not exactly my strong point though.:o

A bit of seriousness now. Things have been a bit scary lately hence my lack of focus on here. Recently i found a lump and the expected panic followed. Its been a very stessful few weeks and one i dont want to go through again.Yesterday I got the all clear, but my goodness, its really brings things home.

I have been thinking about what i would like to achieve and have really been thinking about what I need to do. So much focus on debt and the house with no time for myself. I need to start looking after myself a little.:D

My monthly bills have been paid and I have plans in place for the month regarding the house. I know need to decide what I want to do for me.

Tomorrow is my day off and I will be back with some ideas.

Xxx
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry about the lump Parsnip but what a relief to get the all clear:).

Taking a bit of regular time for self care is very important as is healthy eating.

I agree with doing one room at a time, then you'll feel more like you're making a difference.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    So pleased you have been given the all clear :beer:

This debt free and sorting the house malarky can take over and yes it is important but not more important than you. Nothing happens without you. Plan some nice treats and prioritise yourself ((hugs))
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    edited 2 May 2018 at 1:35PM
    Options
    Thanks both.:) I can't say I wasn't pooping my pants.

A bit of a bitty day today but I did win a old singer sewing machine on eb@y for £16. Its tatty but in working order. Bargain.

It was tipping it down earlier but then went gloriously sunny. I waited then put out the washing. Its now chucking it down again.:mad:

The self employed work is now beginning to come in a more steady rate. Not enough to work at full time but I can see the possibility in the future. All in all its extra money coming in to throw at the debt. :j

I have set myself a mini challenge for the next few weeks. The next debt I'm focussing on has a balance of £502. With the budget set it should be paid off on September pay day. I would like this done by august pay day (31st august). It's only a month, but a month closer to being free forever. As well as the self employed earnings I'm going to throw lots of small payments at it too. So every time I feel tempted by another bit of rubbish or another book on the kindle :o I will put the payment towards the debt.

I'm also thinking about what I may have loitering around the house which I could sell. I guess carboot weather is coming up soon and I have loads of stuff which is suitable for that.

I think a bit of D@ve R@msey is in order to keep me on track.:)

Happy days :D x

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've been going through a rough time lately glad you got the all clear what a relief for you xx

I bet you'll have that £502 debt gone before the end of August ;)
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You will demolish the £502 debt. Keep listening to Dave. He will keep you motivated and so will we :) Go Parsniphead, Go Parsniphead :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What a worrying time you've had :eek: So very pleased to hear that all is ok.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So pleased you have the all-clear! And a 'new' sewing machine too. :) It's lovely to see how your self-employed work is taking off.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    What an absolutely lovely day and one I'm spending in the garden. I have just brought some veg plants from an elderly gent who grows to sell. He is full of useful information and won't sell things until he is sure they are ok to go out. I have some cabbage, salad leaves and leeks to go with the peas and rhubarb already in.

I'm going to plant this afternoon then we have a party tonight. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be the same. By the end of the weekend I may have a garden again.:T

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure